PDA

View Full Version : Sox Detroit on ESPN Sunday Night

WhiteSoxAl
09-11-2008, 07:35 AM
I don't see anybody in the country watching this one except in Chicago. I can also see the ratings being higher in the Twin Cities than they are in Detroit. Sunday night football certainly does not have to worry about their ratings being compromised

doublem23
09-11-2008, 07:36 AM
We're supposed to worry about ESPN's ratings now?

Believe it or not, some people still prefer baseball to football.

Marqhead
09-11-2008, 07:55 AM
I'm loving all the national attention lately. Not only because of the spotlight on our team, but because being out of state allows me to watch a decent amount of games without getting MLBtv.

Hope we clean up the Kitties like we did last time on National TV.

Soxfanspcu11
09-11-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm loving all the national attention lately. Not only because of the spotlight on our team, but because being out of state allows me to watch a decent amount of games without getting MLBtv.

Hope we clean up the Kitties like we did last time on National TV.

I'm "out of state" and I get to watch All of the White Sox games! I even happen to have Full Season Tickets!

I guess it helps though that being "Out of State" for Me means Indiana and when I say Indiana, I mean Northwest Indiana and when I say Northwest Indiana, I mean Schererville and when I say Schererville I mean 25-30 minutes from the Park! :redneck

JB98
09-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Who gives a crap about Sunday Night Football and its ratings? If the weather is OK Sunday, I'll probably go to the Sox game. In which case, the ratings for the Sox game will be even lower since I'll be watching in person instead of on TV.

Football is not nearly as interesting as baseball, IMO.

PaleHoser
09-11-2008, 01:39 PM
"Football is a mistake. It combines the two worst elements of American life. Violence and committee meetings." - George Will

Go Sox!

MeteorsSox4367
09-11-2008, 01:41 PM

Football season doesn't truly start for me until baseball ends. When the Bears go to camp, I'm not that thrilled. When the Sox go to spring training, life suddenly gets a helluva lot better.

DSpivack
09-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I don't see anybody in the country watching this one except in Chicago. I can also see the ratings being higher in the Twin Cities than they are in Detroit. Sunday night football certainly does not have to worry about their ratings being compromised

:dtroll:

whitesox901
09-11-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm loving all the national attention lately. Not only because of the spotlight on our team, but because being out of state allows me to watch a decent amount of games without getting MLBtv. .

Thats how I used to roll, now I bite the bullet and buy the damn thing :redneck

Nellie_Fox
09-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Thats how I used to roll, now I bite the bullet and buy the damn thing :redneckThis year was the first that my cable provider carried Extra Innings, and I bought it right away. However, it standard-def digital. The ESPN game will be Hi-def. Woohoo!

whitesox901
09-11-2008, 03:07 PM
This year was the first that my cable provider carried Extra Innings, and I bought it right away. However, it standard-def digital. The ESPN game will be Hi-def. Woohoo!

I'm thinking of that next season and dumping MLB.TV, whats the cost on that?

BleacherBandit
09-11-2008, 03:39 PM
I had tickets to this game, but didn't remember that I was driving back to school on that date! :whiner:

loutz14
09-11-2008, 06:12 PM
hi guys, im on here a lot just dont post

just trying to help a few people out. i moved down for college and out of local for chicago, but i still watch all the games. i came arcoss a wesite that plays every game, i dont know how it works and if its illegal or anything, but you even get bear games which excites me! and its all free.

idk if im allowed to post links in here so sorry if im breaking the rules u can delete it, but its www.stoogetv.com (http://www.stoogetv.com)

im sure ull figure it out from there, just thought id try to help some of ya out of towners like me out.

FedEx227
09-11-2008, 06:13 PM
I hope to god your major isn't anything to do with the English language.

BleacherBandit
09-11-2008, 06:37 PM
I hope to god your major isn't anything to do with the English language.

Yeah, it does have to do with English. I'm an English major....I think my grammar is good enough to attain that significance.

soltrain21
09-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Yeah, it does have to do with English. I'm an English major....I think my grammar is good enough to attain that significance.

He wasn't talking to you.

chisoxmike
09-11-2008, 10:22 PM

:thumbsup:

BeefyD
09-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Great... between the Sunday night game, and rain Sunday from midwest to east coast, they'll be getting into NY about 4-5 am. That bodes well for a White Sox winner on Monday.

Nellie_Fox
09-12-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm thinking of that next season and dumping MLB.TV, whats the cost on that?I almost forgot to answer your question. It cost me $139 for the entire season. I'm sure it varies a little from one cable or satellite provider to another.

MeteorsSox4367
09-12-2008, 09:10 AM
The MLB package cost me $159 on Comcast this season, but it's well worth it. On days when the Sox aren't playing or already have played, you can watch as much baseball as you'd like. Damn cool.

kitekrazy
09-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Who gives a crap about Sunday Night Football and its ratings? If the weather is OK Sunday, I'll probably go to the Sox game. In which case, the ratings for the Sox game will be even lower since I'll be watching in person instead of on TV.

Football is not nearly as interesting as baseball, IMO.

Interesting comment. Many think baseball is boring. More (younger generations) will think that way unless Bud promotes another steroid era. (Which I thought was the most boring baseball ever.)

Baseball is great on the radio or at the park. Football is best on the TV. A couple of weeks ago I was looking for a pocket radio so I could go outside on nice summer evenings and listen to games. They don't exist anymore. Baseball gives you the opportunity to do other things while listening to a game. Football is fine when you can't enjoy the outdoors.

TDog
09-12-2008, 11:37 PM

When does the NFL start its reguar season, anyway? Not that I care, but I've seen a couple of Raiders promos, and it would be nice to avoid the Sunday BART congestion that the football season curses me with.

I can't believer that anyone, certainly any Sox fan, would want to watch an out-of-market football game on a Sunday night when they could watch Sox baseball.

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2008, 11:39 PM
When does the NFL start its reguar season, anyway? Not that I care, but I've seen a couple of Raiders promos, and it would be nice to avoid the Sunday BART congestion that the football season curses me with.
Last weekend was the opening weekend for the NFL season. All that matters is that Da Bears are 1-0 right now.