PDA

View Full Version : BurlyMon's performance

Garrison
05-14-2002, 10:53 PM
All this Graffanino/Durham talk has overlooked Buehrle's performance tonight. He didn't have his best stuff but he still pitched well and got himself out of trouble more than once. That is the stuff that great pitchers are made of. Getting the job done without their best stuff. He's the AL's only seven-game winner now. 7-2 baby! I love.......BurlyMon.

GASHWOUND
05-14-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
All this Graffanino/Durham talk has overlooked Buehrle's performance tonight. He didn't have his best stuff but he still pitched well and got himself out of trouble more than once. That is the stuff that great pitchers are made of. Getting the job done without their best stuff. He's the AL's only seven-game winner now. 7-2 baby! I love.......BurlyMon.

Well, i guess we pretty much expect Buehrle to pitch lights out everytime he goes out there. Good pitchers win without having their best stuff out here all their time. Probably good pitchers only have their good stuff 4 outa 10 starts or something like that.

voodoochile
05-14-2002, 11:13 PM
Hey, 7IP, 3 ER... I'll take that every time... Should have had at least 8 innings too, but JM was overmanaging againg. Burly-Mon only had 106 pitches... Sheesh, let the man throw, Jerry...

GASHWOUND
05-14-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Hey, 7IP, 3 ER... I'll take that every time... Should have had at least 8 innings too, but JM was overmanaging againg. Burly-Mon only had 106 pitches... Sheesh, let the man throw, Jerry...

I know, our pen needs a little rest after the disaster on the west coast. He just loves going into that pen. has Buehrle thrown a CG yet?

voodoochile
05-14-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

I know, our pen needs a little rest after the disaster on the west coast. He just loves going into that pen. has Buehrle thrown a CG yet?

Not this year...

MattSharp
05-15-2002, 12:07 AM
Oh I agree, I mean they scored 15 runs so it wasn't a big issue. I mean it kinda sucks if you think about it. The night the O finally puts up a big number and our ace shuts them down. Why couldn't tonight have been the night our bullpen took a ****. We have the worst luck.....

bc2k
05-15-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Garrison

And people doubt that he's an ACE. He just stopped a four game losing streak, he wins without his best stuff, and leads the league in wins. That my friends, is an ACE.

Bisco Stu
05-15-2002, 02:20 AM
Too bad the rest of the staff are Jokers...

Bisco Stu
05-15-2002, 02:22 AM
No, seriously, our staff is great.

They just happen to be pitching for the Pirates.

pearso66
05-15-2002, 04:53 PM
if they dont consider him an ace, look at the cubs ace, kerry woods, he just lost a 2 hitter, 3-0, and all 3 runs were earned, so if you ask me, our ace is a little better