Parrothead
09-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Did anyone expect more from Richard?

Konerko05
Miserable.

btrain929
I'll give their pitchers some credit, but that doesn't excuse us being lifeless. Go get them tomorrow and Thursday, I guess......:angry:

johnnyg83
*sigh*

JB98
Worst day of the season. We just have to move on.

wxkid23
09-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Worst day of the season. We just have to move on.

I really thought that was going to be the day we found out about Quentin but 2 losses+losing Paulie is just as bad if not worse

HangWiffum
09-09-2008, 10:56 PM
just not their year folks

sox1970
When the day started, I would put the Sox at 70-30 to win the division.

In one day, I'd say it's down to 50-50.

Halladay tomorrow. We're ****ed.

LJS1993
That's the mentality you have to take. Bad day, just go out and improve next time.

guillensdisciple
09-09-2008, 10:57 PM
I was just pessimistic and now am optimistic, anyone hear what hawk and D.J. were saying?

They said that they seriously believe, even now, that the Sox will make it to the world series this year. These guys have watched white sox teams play for a long time, I am not gonna ride my judgement on their prediction but they are right,this team has been in first place for the majority of the year.

We deserve the playoffs and more.

Lets play the underdog, I think Ozzie and the Sox love that side the best.

GO SOX!!

hellview
09-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Ran into a good pitching team that's playing well...it's gonna happen.

kittle42
09-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Does anyone think we'll actually win tomorrow? The offense couldn't possibly be any worse, could it?

Vernam
09-09-2008, 10:59 PM
This team has shown a lot of heart on several occasions. If they can make the playoffs after all these injuries, it'll be a small miracle. And they might even start feeling like they're bulletproof. But first we've gotta get there . . .

Vernam

oeo
09-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Does anyone think we'll actually win tomorrow? The offense couldn't possibly be any worse, could it?

Depends on if Buehrle shows up. Tomorrow he earns his money.

Ozzie obviously upset.

Viva Medias B's
09-09-2008, 11:07 PM
After that four run barrage by Toronto in the fifth inning, our team showed little heart afterward.

Martinigirl
09-09-2008, 11:07 PM
What did Ozzie say?

oeo
09-09-2008, 11:10 PM
After that four run barrage by Toronto in the fifth inning, our team showed little heart afterward.

I think it was more of the Captain going down than the 4 runs. This team has taken injuries all year and shrugged them off...eventually it has to get to the point of, what now?

WhiteSox5187
I think losing Konerko was the more devestating blow, the whole team gathered around him. If Konerko doesn't get hurt I'm not saying we win, but I think we wouldn't look quite as dead.

veeter
I absolutely will not give up on this team. They've been up and down all season, and this is just another down. They played some of their best ball the last time Paulie was out for an extended period. Ozzie has been resourceful, to say the least. This will be the biggest test of any team in baseball, and I think they'll pull it off.

soltrain21
09-09-2008, 11:11 PM
I was just pessimistic and now am optimistic, anyone hear what hawk and D.J. were saying?

They said that they seriously believe, even now, that the Sox will make it to the world series this year. These guys have watched white sox teams play for a long time, I am not gonna ride my judgement on their prediction but they are right,this team has been in first place for the majority of the year.

GO SOX!!

They aren't bias at all.

SBSoxFan
09-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Not that it would have made any difference, but I have to ask: On the bunt play where Richard fielded the ball, but missed the tag as the batter was running up the first base line, the batter clearly went out of the baseline which allowed him to avoid the tag. Why was the batter not called out?

oeo
09-09-2008, 11:14 PM

GO SOX!!

That was just Hawk blabbing out of his ass...DJ never even agreed. I honestly believe that Hawk deep down has not liked this particular team all year. His attitude has just seemed different with it than in years past.

kevingrt
09-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Time to go to sleep and hope we can stretch the division lead to two tomorrow. Gotta hope.

Need a BIGGIE from Mark tomorrow. Something like:

9 IP, CG, 0 ER, 0 R, 5 K's, 0 BB, 2 H

And something like

1-4 Dye, Jermaine 1 HR, 1 RBI

jdm2662
09-09-2008, 11:18 PM
That was just Hawk blabbing out of his ass...DJ never even agreed. I honestly believe that Hawk deep down has not liked this particular team all year. His attitude has just seemed different with it than in years past.

During the game, he said the team wasn't good fundmentally. I'm not a Hawk fan of all, but I got to say, he's been tollerable the last couple of months. He's ripped on team more than I ever heard, and doesn't make the lame excuses he used to.

Domeshot17
09-09-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't know anymore. Part of me says Dog Days, but this is the crunch time. The time was lackluster on bunts, not great in the field, any pitcher not named Javy didn't really seem to care for getting guys out.

What do you expect though? This is the team our GM built. An entire lineup of 3-4-5-6 hitters. I know no one is suppose to rip on Kenny because he did make some decent moves, but if he gets a real lead off hitter and not Swish, then you have Cabrera in the 2 hole who actually could get down a bunt instead of the craptacular effort AJ gives when he has to bunt. AJ could then have slid down to 7 or 8 in the order and all would be fine.

If PK is down for any length of time Swisher has to get over this I suck season. It is not even tolerable anymore. The only reason he isn't getting the PK treatment is he does goofy things and poses like Captain Morgan when he homers.

HangWiffum
09-09-2008, 11:24 PM
During the game, he said the team wasn't good fundmentally. I'm not a Hawk fan of all, but I got to say, he's been tollerable the last couple of months. He's ripped on team more than I ever heard, and doesn't make as many of the lame excuses he used to.

fixt

Lip Man 1
09-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Just a bad day but as one of the earlier posters said did you honestly expect anything from a kid with very little experience in the middle of a pennant race?

Of greater concern is the offense playing again like it's May. It's not, it's September.

Yes they have faced tough pitching but it's not like they are going to face the Washington Nationals should they get to the playoffs.

Injuries again are factoring in, fourth time in nine years. It maybe time this off season to reevaluate the training and conditioning programs, not all the injuries this season were fluke.

Lip

Chisox353014
09-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Time to go to sleep and hope we can stretch the division lead to two tomorrow. Gotta hope.

Need a BIGGIE from Mark tomorrow. Something like:

9 IP, CG, 0 ER, 0 R, 5 K's, 0 BB, 2 H

And something like

1-4 Dye, Jermaine 1 HR, 1 RBI

Yeah we definitely need Mark to be our ace tomorrow. We can and have beaten Halladay before.

btrain929
09-09-2008, 11:31 PM
This was my pisspoor attempt at a post-game thread.....:D:

turners56
09-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Please, no more Blackhawks nights...just bad luck. John Mcdunna (sp?) was in the radio booth in that 5th and the whole team fell apart. It's just bad luck.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Just a bad day but as one of the earlier posters said did you honestly expect anything from a kid with very little experience in the middle of a pennant race?

Of greater concern is the offense playing again like it's May. It's not, it's September.

Yes they have faced tough pitching but it's not like they are going to face the Washington Nationals should they get to the playoffs.

Injuries again are factoring in, fourth time in nine years. It maybe time this off season to reevaluate the training and conditioning programs, not all the injuries this season were fluke.Lip

When you have older players--Crede, Contreras, Konerko--you are more susceptible to injuries, the wear and tear of years of baseball taking their toll.

Crede needed surgery, not necessarily conditioning, to cure his problem. Contreras has been prone to having muscular problems for years. Stretching and conditioning programs may have helped him. Konerko slipped and turned his knee. Getz was hit by a pitch. Quentin hit his own bat.

Injuries, though, are part of the game and you have to be lucky to avoid them.

nccwsfan
09-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Yeah we definitely need Mark to be our ace tomorrow. We can and have beaten Halladay before.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200707280.shtml

I was at this game last year, with a team much more inferior than the one that will take the field tomorrow night...it's baseball- it can happen.

Noneck
09-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Please, no more Blackhawks nights...just bad luck. John Mcdunna (sp?) was in the radio booth in that 5th and the whole team fell apart. It's just bad luck.

To get off a sad day for a moment. It seems so strange that the Sox are promoting the competition to the chairmans other sports interest for the winter sports dollar.

Lip Man 1
09-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Also for what it's worth the AP is reporting that Vazquez's mother in law was not hit by a foul ball, their story says she fainted.

Lip

thomas35forever
09-10-2008, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIcFgl6zf3A

BleacherBandit
09-10-2008, 12:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIcFgl6zf3A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA1BmsCHGEk

Think about this video instead, people.

aryzner
09-10-2008, 12:29 AM
It was pretty depressing in person, I must say.

kittle42
09-10-2008, 12:30 AM

Worst post of the night.

EuroSox35
09-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Is Kenny Williams going to have to choke a bitch?!?

LoveYourSuit
09-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Ran into a good pitching team that's playing well...it's gonna happen.

:rolleyes:

Wow, sounds like a broken record for every loss this season.

Foulke You
09-10-2008, 12:59 AM
After 6 games, we can honestly say that the White Sox just do NOT match up well with the Jays. Their pitching staff dazzles us and just about everyone else in the AL judging by their E.R.A. We are now "0 for" against them. Combine the fact that they were riding in to Chicago on an 8 game win streak (now 10) and you had a recipe for trouble for us. The Sox need to ride out this storm and hopefully at least take 1 of the next 2 and then play well against Detroit this weekend. Getting a split would be phenomenal. It's up to Buehrle to stop the bleeding. I will say that the ABs this team featured today and tonight took me back to May when we struggled to score a single run.:(:

XOS
09-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Sox:

X X
l
---

XOS
09-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Can you say flatline :rip:

kitekrazy
09-10-2008, 01:29 AM

They said that they seriously believe, even now, that the Sox will make it to the world series this year.

I would like to get in touch with their crack dealer.

hawkjt
09-10-2008, 01:41 AM
OK, the PK injury was not as bad as feared...could be back next week.
We do need KC to help us by winning one game in minny. Then the sox need to win one of the next two and they are still a game up as the tigers come to town and the twins hit the road for ten.
It looks bleak tonite but it could change quickly.
The twins do go to Tampa Bay for four games...that could be like the jays vs the sox.

Sox just have to find a way.

palehozenychicty
09-10-2008, 09:22 AM
I think we just ran into a hot team more than anything. The Blue Jays have a flaccid lineup, but their staff has been good all year. Any team with Doc Halladay and AJ Burnett is going to be a threat. If they can get the minimum of one game then play well in Detroit, we'll forget about this day.

Gammons Peter
09-10-2008, 09:30 AM
I think we just ran into a hot team more than anything. The Blue Jays have a flaccid lineup, but their staff has been good all year. Any team with Doc Halladay and AJ Burnett is going to be a threat. If they can get the minimum of one game then play well in Detroit, we'll forget about this day.

flaccid lineup...who the hell speaks like that

beasly213
09-10-2008, 09:56 AM
OK, the PK injury was not as bad as feared...could be back next week.
We do need KC to help us by winning one game in minny. Then the sox need to win one of the next two and they are still a game up as the tigers come to town and the twins hit the road for ten.
It looks bleak tonite but it could change quickly.
The twins do go to Tampa Bay for four games...that could be like the jays vs the sox.

Sox just have to find a way.

This man has the right Idea.

palehozenychicty
09-10-2008, 09:57 AM

It just came out that way. It's not a lie, either. Check the stats.

kittle42
09-10-2008, 10:09 AM

Over your head?

Gammons Peter
09-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Over your head?

I'm sure you're quite familiar with being flaccid so why don't you explain it to me

guillensdisciple
09-10-2008, 11:21 AM
I would like to get in touch with their crack dealer.
They are just being optimistic, I don't know if they believe it or not, but hell until the season is completely over I refuse to give up on these sox.

I will put it to you like this, the sox are giving it everything they have got. We don't have players that will just quit, so as long as they don't quit neither will I.

pdimas
09-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Crap day but on the bright side at least we are still in first. The only highlight of this game for me was getting on the jumbotron with the gf with our Hawks sweaters on holding up "Hawks fans love the Sox" sign.

btrain929
09-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Crap day but on the bright side at least we are still in first. The only highlight of this game for me was getting on the jumbotron with the gf with our Hawks sweaters on holding up "Hawks fans love the Sox" sign.

The only problem is they probably couldn't get a peek at the 'kicks you were wearing :D:

kittle42
09-10-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm sure you're quite familiar with being flaccid so why don't you explain it to me

I actually did have that problem Saturday night after drinking about a quart of vodka.

turners56
09-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Worst post of the night.

Superstitious people like me make bad posts all the time.

assrevolution
09-10-2008, 12:44 PM
They are just being optimistic, I don't know if they believe it or not, but hell until the season is completely over I refuse to give up on these sox.

I will put it to you like this, the sox are giving it everything they have got. We don't have players that will just quit, so as long as they don't quit neither will I.

I'll continue to believe that they can win the division because Minnesota hans't proven for many months that they can win 7 in a row. but other than that, this is not a team designed to win the AL pennant, healthy or not.

I was at the day game yesterday (took off work since I didn't want to eat the tix) and it was embarassing. The last 2 games have completely opened the book, as if it wasn't already, on the Sox weaknesses and how to beat them.

1. We can run the bases on AJ and Hall. send everyone at all times no matter the situation.
2. Don't stress a leadoff walk/hit because they will need 3 more hits to score and can't bunt to save their lives. They don't practice bunting and don't care about getting better in that area.

I've seen little leaguers in the LLWS that could bunt better that these professionals. It's hard to believe that the players can't learn to get better at this. Ozzie should make this work mandatory since they've lost countless games because of it.

assrevolution
09-10-2008, 12:47 PM
This man has the right Idea.

Exactly!
find a way! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! We shouldn't even have to look at what the Twins are doing. Lack of confidence is what makes people look back and we've been given a lot of reasons to do so.

PaleHoser
09-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Ozzie was brain-dead yesterday. Proof:

1. What's MacDougal doing pitching in a one run game?
2. Late in Game 2, Ozzie sends Owens in to pitch run for Dye. When the Sox go out for defense in the 9th inning, the outfield consists of Owens, Griffey and Wise. I know it's an 8-2 game, but *** is Griffey doing playing center with the other two playing the corners?

Lip Man 1
09-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Assrevolution:

Ozzie at least twice last year had pre game mandatory bunting practice for most of the team. Each time it lasted about a week if memory serves. He's stressed fundamentals in spring training the past two seasons.

I don't know what more you want him to do, I'd like him to do what Eddie Stanky used to do and bench guys for not executing the fundamentals, of course if he did that the Sox would be forfeiting games for lack of players.

There's an old saying, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink..."

These guys are, in a baseball sense, a brain-dead team, they are one dimensional period. Ozzie didn't put this club together... remember he's been saying often how he's tired of the strike outs and tired of having to rely on home runs. He can only do so much with what he has.

Lip

hi im skot
09-10-2008, 02:36 PM
1. What's MacDougal doing pitching in a one run game?

MacDougal has been solid as of late. I have no problem with him coming in in that situation.

assrevolution
09-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Assrevolution:

Ozzie at least twice last year had pre game mandatory bunting practice for most of the team. Each time it lasted about a week if memory serves. He's stressed fundamentals in spring training the past two seasons.

I don't know what more you want him to do, I'd like him to do what Eddie Stanky used to do and bench guys for not executing the fundamentals, of course if he did that the Sox would be forfeiting games for lack of players.

There's an old saying, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink..."

These guys are, in a baseball sense, a brain-dead team, they are one dimensional period. Ozzie didn't put this club together... remember he's been saying often how he's tired of the strike outs and tired of having to rely on home runs. He can only do so much with what he has.

Lip

Benching would have at least been some type of action earlier this year. but instead, he stuck with them and some hot homer hitting carried them for a bit, now there are no 6-8 winning streaks on the horizon in September.

I didn't mean to blame Ozzie for their inability to execute, but I haven't been reading anything about how the team practices these things regularly. It should be mandatory for this team that fails so miserably in this area.