PDA

View Full Version : A.J. and J.D. have a nice spot for TBS postseason promo.

It's Time
09-09-2008, 06:21 PM
It shows many other teams, so I thought this was the best place to put this thread. Not bad if you take away that horrid Bon jovi song.:D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73p_crpJ6pU

#1swisher
09-09-2008, 06:33 PM
great find!:bandance:saving it to my favorites.

jcw218
09-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Nice clip of Quentin with a walk off home run against the Angels I do believe from the Sunday night game back in May.

JGarlandrules20
09-09-2008, 06:42 PM
"You've obviously never played guitar hero..."

Haha. AJ and JD are so cheesy, but I love it.

getonbckthr
09-09-2008, 07:40 PM
I love how people rip Bon Jovi yet everyone knows every word to almost every song of theirs.:rolleyes: I will admit when Bon Jovi comes on the radio I turn that **** up and sing it loud and proud!
Oh the video I enjoyed it. JD and AJ were good. Even though he has a high volumn of deutscheness, i'm not sure anyone loves being a major leaguer anymore than Papelbon. From our guys to Papel as well as CC and Derosa they did a good job picking the right guys for the spot. Chances are if they chose a guy like TCQ the hardass pose with the arms crossed probably wouldn't have contributed much to the piece, except for maybe making a photographer piss himself :D:.

jdm2662
09-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Nice clip of Quentin with a walk off home run against the Angels I do believe from the Sunday night game back in May.

You are correct. I know. I was there. :D:

Konerko05
09-10-2008, 12:58 AM
I love how people rip Bon Jovi yet everyone knows every word to almost every song of theirs.:rolleyes: I will admit when Bon Jovi comes on the radio I turn that **** up and sing it loud and proud!
Oh the video I enjoyed it. JD and AJ were good. Even though he has a high volumn of deutscheness, i'm not sure anyone loves being a major leaguer anymore than Papelbon. From our guys to Papel as well as CC and Derosa they did a good job picking the right guys for the spot. Chances are if they chose a guy like TCQ the hardass pose with the arms crossed probably wouldn't have contributed much to the piece, except for maybe making a photographer piss himself :D:.

Ok, maybe songs like "You Give Love a Bad Name," or "Livin' on a Prayer" for nostalgic value, but that song was absolutely horrible.

It seemed like the players were having a good time knowing how cheesy the takes were.

The end showing the out-takes was the best part.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Ok, maybe songs like "You Give Love a Bad Name," or "Livin' on a Prayer" for nostalgic value, but that song was absolutely horrible.

It seemed like the players were having a good time knowing how cheesy the takes were.

The end showing the out-takes was the best part.

I love that vid - it shows the players not taking themselves too seriously doing it. However, BJ has totally become Mr. Country wanna be - so I hate him for that.

Love the Quentin walk off too...especially the camera that follows him down 3rd.

guillensdisciple
09-10-2008, 10:40 AM
That was filmed when the Red Sox were at the cell. The two Red Sox players were dancing at the cell so that was filmed a good month ago.

kittle42
09-10-2008, 10:52 AM
But wait! I thought the Sox were NEVER featured in postseason ads!

Sockinchisox
09-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Did they show Papelbon and Casey enough? I don't think so.

getonbckthr
09-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Did they show Papelbon and Casey enough? I don't think so.
Defending champs? I think so.

soxfan2504
09-10-2008, 04:41 PM

Papelboner's a German? That's news to me. :tongue:

Frankfan4life
09-13-2008, 09:20 PM
It shows many other teams, so I thought this was the best place to put this thread. Not bad if you take away that horrid Bon jovi song.:D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73p_crpJ6pUUnfortunately, the video was quashed by MLB before I got to see it (This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by MLB Advanced Media). :(:

JGarlandrules20
09-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately, the video was quashed by MLB before I got to see it (This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by MLB Advanced Media). :(:

Here's a link to it on the TBS site:
http://www.tbs.com/video/index/#/all-video/shows/major-league-baseball/136725

kitekrazy
09-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Here's a link to it on the TBS site:
http://www.tbs.com/video/index/#/all-video/shows/major-league-baseball/136725

Too bad it wasn't on youtube. The video seems to crash IE and Firefox.