PDA

View Full Version : Torii Hunter = Total Cockbag

doublem23
09-09-2008, 10:27 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=laa

What a douche.

hi im skot
09-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah, as much as I dislike Rodriguez (Ivan), Hunter's actions were totally unwarranted.

Lame.

twentywontowin
09-09-2008, 10:32 AM
From what I read, Hunter thought Pudge pushed him, so he pushed back. They cleared the air after the game.

doublem23
09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Yeah, as much as I dislike Rodriguez (Ivan), Hunter's actions were totally unwarranted.

Lame.

I feel dirty being on Ivan Rodriguez/the Yankees side, but Hunter is such a little bitch, it's not funny any more.

I'm not that dissapointed he went to LA. I'd have a real hard time openly rooting for Torii.

beasly213
09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
My guess is these guys have had some bad blood for a while from their Twins and Tigers days.

btrain929
09-09-2008, 10:35 AM
......cuz Pudge is a saint.

I wish they would have punched each other simultaneously, ending each others careers.

P.S: Yeah, I'm an *******.

WhiteSox5187
09-09-2008, 10:40 AM
God I hate Hunter. Total prick move.

guillensdisciple
09-09-2008, 10:42 AM
We hate him because he always does well against us, give me more then two or three instances that had Torri look like an *******, because I can't think of any. He has just been a thorn in the White Sox behind and I believe that is why we are calling him a cockbag.

sox1970
09-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I like Torii Hunter. :shrug:

doublem23
09-09-2008, 10:44 AM
We hate him because he always does well against us, give me more then two or three instances that had Torri look like an *******, because I can't think of any. He has just been a thorn in the White Sox behind and I believe that is why we are calling him a cockbag.

No, he's a ****ing dick.

skottyj242
09-09-2008, 10:50 AM
I bet Pudge said something to him.

oeo
09-09-2008, 10:51 AM

That's not enough? How many times do you have to be a dick before you're "officially" a dick?

He took a total ******* approach towards the Sox in the offseason, too. He was an ******* to Minnesota last year, as well. The guy is a Grade A douche.

itsnotrequired
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
That's not enough? How many times do you have to be a dick before you're "officially" a dick?

He took a total ******* approach towards the Sox in the offseason, too. He was an ******* in Minnesota last year, as well. The guy is a Grade A douche.

And if he were on the Sox, the fans would love him.

:shrug:

skottyj242
09-09-2008, 10:53 AM

He killed Jamie Burke, that's enough for me.

oeo
09-09-2008, 10:54 AM

I've already made myself pretty clear over the offseason my feelings of Torii Hunter.

itsnotrequired
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM
He killed Jamie Burke, that's enough for me.

new poll: skotty's favorite backup catchers of all time

sox1970
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM
He's AJ Pierzynski. Love him if he's on your team. Hate him if he's not.

oeo
09-09-2008, 10:58 AM

AJ's crap stays on the field, Torii's does not. He's got a mouth on him.

sox1970
09-09-2008, 11:01 AM
AJ's crap stays on the field, Torii's does not. He's got a mouth on him.

Every interview I've heard, he seems like a cool dude.

PennStater98r
09-09-2008, 11:03 AM

I wish they would have punched each other simultaneously, ending each others careers.

I think you're cool!

D. TODD
09-09-2008, 11:05 AM
I agree if Torii was here we would be home free for the playoffs, and he would be loved by our fanbase. Torii like it or not is very well respected and liked throughout MLB. As Sox fans who embrace the universally hated AJ, give me a break about not accepting Torri if he was here.

PennStater98r
09-09-2008, 11:07 AM
I agree if Torii was here we would be home free for the playoffs, and he would be loved by our fanbase. Torii like it or not is very well respected and liked throughout MLB. As Sox fans who embrace the universally hated AJ, give me a break about not accepting Torri if he was here.

I never hated A.J. the way that I hated Torii - **** him - I'd cry no tears for him if his career ended tomorrow - regardless of what uniform he wears... I'd cry the day we invested the money in that ********er though.

itsnotrequired
09-09-2008, 11:09 AM
I never hated A.J. the way that I hated Torii - **** him - I'd cry no tears for him if his career ended tomorrow - regardless of what uniform he wears... I'd cry the day we invested the money in that ********er though.

gimmie a break...

champagne030
09-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Every interview I've heard, he seems like a cool dude.

And tough. He's from the 'hood.

PorkChopExpress
09-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Pudge gave him an elbow in the back after the play. It looked likeTorii still had a hand on Pudge due to balance issues since he stepped on a bat at home plate. Pudge gave him a stiff elbow as if to say, "Get off of me." Hunter took offense and shoved him from behind. Neither is in the right, and that's why both got ejected.

D. TODD
09-09-2008, 11:13 AM
I never hated A.J. the way that I hated Torii - **** him - I'd cry no tears for him if his career ended tomorrow - regardless of what uniform he wears... I'd cry the day we invested the money in that ********er though. That may be true for you, but Sox fans as a whole HATED AJ as a Twin. His time as a Giant only added to his bad reputation. Most of baseball right or wrong look poorly on AJ throughout the league. Torri on the other hand is a big time favorite by ballplayers throughout the league and is respected for how he carries himself by his peers. I'm glad we have AJ and wish we had Torii in center (just not for the money/length that the Angels paid for him).

kittle42
09-09-2008, 11:15 AM
List of players who would be cheered if they played and performed for the White Sox:

Torii Hunter
Frankie Rodriguez
Ivan Rodriguez
Aramis Ramirez
Any other person routinely called a douchebag around here

You're kidding yourselves if you think otherwise. See Pierzynski, Belle.

spawn
09-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Pudge gave hom an elbow in the back after the play. It looked likeTorii still had a hand on Pudge due to balance issues since he stepped on a bat at home plate. Pudge gave him a stiff elbow as if to say, "Get off of me." Hunter took offense and shoved him from behind. Neither is in the right, and that's why both got ejected.
That's exactly what I saw as well. After the Jamie Burke incident, it's easy for people to hate Torii, but in this instance, I can understand why he was upset and why he did what he did. I'm not saying he was right. I'm just saying I understand.
List of players who would be cheered if they played and performed for the White Sox:

Torii Hunter
Frankie Rodriguez
Ivan Rodriguez
Aramis Ramirez

Word.

bigsoxfan420
09-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Wow, that is surprising. Hunter seems like such a nice guy, with all the charity work he does and all the interviews I've seen with him, he is pretty down to earth. But that was rediculous, it makes me think there was some pre-exiting tensions between Rodriguez and Hunter. I don't understand why Rodriguez was ejected though, he was pushed in the back and then defended himself.

twsoxfan5
09-09-2008, 11:25 AM

Torii Hunter
Frankie Rodriguez
Ivan Rodriguez
Aramis Ramirez

I am sorry, but that is not always true. I know that my sister is a huge Sox fan and she told me she would hate it if we ever got KRod or Manny Ramirez. I personally would root openly for both, but I hated Frank when he was here. I just don't think you can paint with that broad of a brush.

mccoydp
09-09-2008, 11:27 AM

Even better would be if Francisco "****-Rod" Rodriguez stepped in between them and got the crap beaten out of him as well.

chaerulez
09-09-2008, 11:33 AM

Torii Hunter
Frankie Rodriguez
Ivan Rodriguez
Aramis Ramirez

Add:

Derrek Lee
Manny Ramirez (people would freak out until he started playing for the Sox and hit 40 HRs a year then we'd see a bunch of Manny Sox jerseys)
Justin Moreanu
Carlos Zambrano
Alex Rodriguez

SOXPHILE
Don't forget, he's "from the 'hood, playa".

doublem23

Torii Hunter
Frankie Rodriguez
Ivan Rodriguez
Aramis Ramirez

I didn't mind A.J. when he was on the Twins... :shrug: Obviously, I didn't like him because of his uniform, but once they traded him, that all went away.

I'm sure some people would love Torii if he were here, but I'd have a problem accepting him.

voodoochile
09-09-2008, 11:34 AM

Torii Hunter
Frankie Rodriguez
Ivan Rodriguez
Aramis Ramirez

Any chance on acquiring all of them and having them eligible for the post season in the next few days?

I've got a Griffey and an Anderson I'm willing to part with. Oh what the heck, I'll throw in Uribe...:D:

kittle42
09-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Any chance on acquiring all of them and having them eligible for the post season in the next few days?

I've got a Griffey and an Anderson I'm willing to part with. Oh what the heck, I'll throw in Uribe...:D:

Anderson would be the key to the Dodgers' playoff hopes. He saves upwards of 2-3 runs a game on defense, is my understanding.

I'm not saying, to some of the other comments, that it wouldn't be difficut accepting some of these players, but hell, it was hard accpeting half of the '90s Indians, David Wells, and Jaime Navarro, too...well, ok, no one really accepted Navarro.

hi im skot
09-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Add:

Derrek Lee
Manny Ramirez (people would freak out until he started playing for the Sox and hit 40 HRs a year then we'd see a bunch of Manny Sox jerseys)
Justin Moreanu
Carlos Zambrano
Alex Rodriguez

I'd take any of those guys in a heartbeat.

Also, why would anyone "hate" Derrek Lee? :?:

DeadMoney
09-09-2008, 12:07 PM

I was at a game in Cleveland in '02 when he got hit by a pitch and threw the ball back at the pitcher. That's a really ******* move.

btrain929
09-09-2008, 12:15 PM
I never liked him, but I really started to despise him a few years back when he came out publically saying no white baseball players and not as many black players should be allowed to wear Jackie Robinson's number on his day because they don't "appreciate" what it truly means. Only a select # of players should wear it.

Are you ****ing kidding me? Who are you, the "King of Blacks" from the Howard Stern show?

Tool.....

guillensdisciple
09-09-2008, 12:28 PM
I have to agree that if he were here we would be very happy because the sox would be BETTER. I highly doubt any of us care who we have unless we can win with them. However if his behavior is detrimental to the team then you can forget about him.

slavko
09-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Did someone like Albert Belle when he was here?

SOXPHILE
09-09-2008, 01:56 PM

He was actually one of two Sox players that I can remember openly booing whenever he came to bat. Never liked that guy.

hi im skot
09-09-2008, 02:02 PM

He stayed out of trouble and got the job done while he was here.

thomas35forever
09-09-2008, 02:20 PM

Honestly, what did Derrek Lee do to get thrown in that category?

Anyway, hated Hunter with the Twins, hate him now. I hate him.

SOXPHILE
09-09-2008, 02:30 PM
He stayed out of trouble and got the job done while he was here.

Not quite. He had a little domestic incident with a girl he was seeing that he had met at a game.

kittle42
09-09-2008, 02:40 PM

Put on a Cubs uniform is my guess.

whitesox901
09-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Theyre both *******s

doublem23
09-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Put on a Cubs uniform is my guess.

That should be good enough. :cool:

#1swisher
09-09-2008, 06:37 PM
After reviewing the vid...IMO E. Rodriquez is the cockbag.

BleacherBandit
09-09-2008, 06:38 PM
After reviewing the vid...IMO E. Rodriquez is the cockbag.
Let's agree that both are cockbags. :cool:

chaerulez
09-09-2008, 06:42 PM

Anyway, hated Hunter with the Twins, hate him now. I hate him.

People here seem to think he's a choker in close games. Perhaps that's not hate but him wearing a Cubs uniform sure has influenced their bias.

Also I've heard fellow Sox fans call him overrated and state they'd rather have PK over him. I guess I feel the Sox fanbase has never given Lee his due.

Vernam
09-09-2008, 07:45 PM

:shrug:During BP on Saturday, Hunter hit a mammoth shot off the far left back part of the ivy under the fan deck. What a poke. It bounced straight into the head of about a nine-year-old boy, who was pretty dazed. I was impressed by the concern shown by several Angels players standing at the LF wall for quite a while, watching to see if the kid (wearing a Sox hat, btw) was okay. A few minutes later, Hunter came out there to check on the him. His dad brought him down to the front row, and Hunter signed the ball for him and chatted for a while.

Vernam

Brian26
09-09-2008, 07:53 PM

Not really the same. AJ gets lucky on some quirky umpire calls by being a heads-up player. Hunter runs out to the mound and shoves a guy in the back when his head is turned.

Brian26
09-09-2008, 08:14 PM

Same thing could be said for Tony Phillips and Jose Canseco.

guillensdisciple
09-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I probably wouldn't choose Lee out of those players. Don't know how he is as a person but don't like his as a player. What has he done in his career that puts him into the category of the other players?

hellview
09-09-2008, 10:53 PM
http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2008/09/09/girardi-i-like-fight/

Seems like an honest mistake and Pudge and Torii talked it out after the game.

D. TODD
09-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Not really the same. AJ gets lucky on some quirky umpire calls by being a heads-up player. Hunter runs out to the mound and shoves a guy in the back when his head is turned. That is not why AJ is hated by his peers. His attitudes and actions, along with what some players consider cheap shots is why. Around the league there is no doubt that the players view Torri as more professional then AJ, for whatever that's worth.

Hey, I don't really care as I stated earlier I like AJ on the Sox and would have loved Torii patrolling center in the Cell, if the Angels didn't overpay him drastically.(especially the length) **** their perceptions around the league,

Law11
09-10-2008, 03:49 PM
prick move but we all know Pudge is a very quiet individual who doesnt say a word..

LJS1993
09-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Yes Hunter was wrong for his actions but he still has a good rep around the league. Unfortunately guys, AJ is considered the biggest jerk in the league and is indeed dirty.

soltrain21
09-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Yes Hunter was wrong for his actions but he still has a good rep around the league. Unfortunately guys, AJ is considered the biggest jerk in the league and is indeed dirty.

How is he dirty? I've never once seen him try to injure a player.

hi im skot
09-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Unfortunately guys, AJ is considered the biggest jerk in the league and is indeed dirty.

What the **** are you talking about?

hellview
09-11-2008, 10:41 AM
How is he dirty? I've never once seen him try to injure a player.

Was there any legit proof that he tried stepping on Morneau's ankle a few years back. I was living in Canada at the time so I didn't see or hear much about it but I remember see Gardy go ape **** in highlights.

SOXPHILE
09-11-2008, 12:01 PM

What in holy hell are you talking about ?

doublem23
09-11-2008, 12:34 PM
What the **** are you talking about?

ESPN told him AJ is a dirty player, so it obviously must be true.

oeo
09-11-2008, 12:47 PM

Torii Hunter
Frankie Rodriguez
Ivan Rodriguez
Aramis Ramirez

K-Rod just has stupid antics that most people hate, same with Aramis Ramirez. Torii Hunter and I-Roid don't have stupid antics, they're just ****ing *******s.

Add:

Derrek Lee
Justin Moreanu
Carlos Zambrano
Alex Rodriguez

When has Derrek Lee ever been talked bad about? The guy's a tremendous player and just goes about his business with no hotdogging, smack talk, etc.

As for Manny...I think he's hilarious. Again, he has stupid antics, but he's quite humorous. Morneau I would just put in the category of Sox killer, much like Jim Thome, I've never hated A-Rod, and Zambrano is once again just a bunch of stupid antics.

Nellie_Fox
09-11-2008, 02:14 PM
As for Manny...I think he's hilarious. Again, he has stupid antics, but he's quite humorous. Yeah, withholding services (while cashing multi-million dollar paychecks) in order to try to force your team to change the terms of your contract is so cute.

SOXSINCE'70
09-12-2008, 08:56 AM
No, he's a ****ing dick.

I agree.

Jimmy Piersall
09-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Hunter signing with the Angels changed the whole set-up
of the Sox.Had we got him,******* that he might be/is...
we would have taken to him just like we did AJ...all of the
Twin **** from the past would have been buried because
Hunter is a gamer.And all he cost was money and i'm not
even going to argue that he got way to much,but he would
have fit in perfectly.There wouldn't have been any of the
daily bitching about who should be playing CF,and i count
myself in on that front.He's an ass,but he would have been
our ass...ok,that doesn't sound right but you know what
i mean.

tacosalbarojas
09-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Same thing could be said for Tony Phillips and Jose Canseco.
Add Royce Clayton, mix, and you've got a perfect stew to choke on.

Adele_H
09-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Not quite. He had a little domestic incident with a girl he was seeing that he had met at a game.

I thought that the Belle assault/verbal abuse thing was debunked, in a manner of speaking.

There is a WSI poster I believe who knows much more about this than I do, I don't know if they post anymore, though. Apparently the papers really jumped the gun in that case.

Either way, Belle as white sox doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the disgrace that is Pete Rose.

Adele_H
09-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Add Royce Clayton, mix, and you've got a perfect stew to choke on.

What about D'Angelo Jimenez? Didn't he tell Joe Crede that a white boy like him should just catch the ball and let Jimenez take care of the business of hitting?

Then again, Clayton had his own fun with Frank Thomas, apparently.

C-Dawg
09-18-2008, 05:08 PM
I like Pete Rose.

Adele_H
09-18-2008, 06:22 PM
I like Pete Rose.

**** Pete Rose.

In a manner of speaking. :cool: