PDA

View Full Version : Wow

KempersRS
05-14-2002, 10:57 PM
Talk about getting dissed. ESPN.com's poll is "What is the best thing about playing for the Cubs?" One of the selections is "You're not the worst team in town." ESPN ripping on the Sox and it's totally uncalled for.

Garrison
05-14-2002, 11:02 PM
That's bull****! How can ESPN say something like that? They can't back it up. Aren't they supposed to be at least semi-neutral anyways?

CLR01
05-14-2002, 11:05 PM
Quit assuming things. It does not say the sox are the worst team in town.

jklm
05-14-2002, 11:29 PM
If you saw the sportscenter, they implied the Bulls are the worst team in town. Well, I agree... :) but the Bulls will get better...

GASHWOUND
05-14-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Talk about getting dissed. ESPN.com's poll is "What is the best thing about playing for the Cubs?" One of the selections is "You're not the worst team in town." ESPN ripping on the Sox and it's totally uncalled for.

Jkim got it, thye were calling the Bulls the worst team and were showing the Bulls throwing the ball away and all the flubs they are. I saw it on this SC piece they did. Although they did say something about the Sox, but I didn't hear it cause my volume was down
They'll probably repeat on the late SC, so check it out. They were pretty much dissing the cubs big time, check it out

hold2dibber
05-15-2002, 12:17 PM
ESPN pissed me off during the Sox high lights on Sports Center last night. First, they misspelled Buehrle's name (they used "Buerhle" - I know it's not an easy name, but that's their friggin' job!). Then, they said the Sox were swept by the Rangers last week (wrong!). Then, when they showed the line score, they listed the Sox record as 21-17 (instead of 22-17). I know, I know, I'm being a grouchy Sox fan, but somebody over there should pay attention!

RedPinStripes
05-15-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
ESPN pissed me off during the Sox high lights on Sports Center last night. First, they misspelled Buehrle's name (they used "Buerhle" - I know it's not an easy name, but that's their friggin' job!). Then, they said the Sox were swept by the Rangers last week (wrong!). Then, when they showed the line score, they listed the Sox record as 21-17 (instead of 22-17). I know, I know, I'm being a grouchy Sox fan, but somebody over there should pay attention!

:boston
It's Chicago. We don't care"

Iwritecode
05-15-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Jkim got it, thye were calling the Bulls the worst team and were showing the Bulls throwing the ball away and all the flubs they are. I saw it on this SC piece they did. Although they did say something about the Sox, but I didn't hear it cause my volume was down
They'll probably repeat on the late SC, so check it out. They were pretty much dissing the cubs big time, check it out

And that's just this year. In year's past the Bears were the worst team in town... I'm kind of curious how many times the Cubs actually have been the worst team in town in any particular year...

voodoochile
05-15-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

And that's just this year. In year's past the Bears were the worst team in town... I'm kind of curious how many times the Cubs actually have been the worst team in town in any particular year...

Including this year?

BearSox
05-15-2002, 02:30 PM
The Sox comments in that segment consisted of Reinsdorf being the owner of the worst team in town (the bulls) is also the owner of the Sox so the Cubs have that going for them. All i have to say to that is...Thats the most idiotic thing i've ever heard, nowhere in that incoherent babbling did they say anything that could be considered a rational thought, we are all dumber for having heard that!!!!! I was all excited because finally the Cubs get their A$$es handed to them by the national media and they had to throw a stupid comment like that the owner of the Bulls is also the owner of the Sox as a bad thing when it looks like the sox are once again playoff bound this year!! Do mer a favor ESPN next time you rip the Cubs leave the sox out of it.... The other thing that pissed me off was on an earlier broadcast they said looks like its going to be another long season of baseball in chicago, once again forgetting theres two teams. Atleast say the north side for crying out loud!

Iwritecode
05-15-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Including this year?

Sure. I just think the Bulls might give them a run for their money...

Anyone else catch on the radio sometime this past weekend the question about which would be higher: Sammy's homeruns or Cubs losses? Tough call...

doublem23
05-15-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Sure. I just think the Bulls might give them a run for their money...

Anyone else catch on the radio sometime this past weekend the question about which would be higher: Sammy's homeruns or Cubs losses? Tough call...

Not unless Sosa hits like 100 homers....

I think they meant Cub wins.

Iwritecode
05-15-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
The other thing that pissed me off was on an earlier broadcast they said looks like its going to be another long season of baseball in chicago, once again forgetting theres two teams. Atleast say the north side for crying out loud!

What!?! There's a second team in Chicago? When did they show up?

Seriously, we should be used to this by now. On a similiar topic, has anyone been watching the Real World Chicago on MTV? The first thing you'll notice is of course they show Wrigley in the opening credits. Just the other day I caught a few minutes of it until I saw one of the girls on there wearing a Cubs jersey. What a big surprise. I didn't watch much after that...

Iwritecode
05-15-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Not unless Sosa hits like 100 homers....

I think they meant Cub wins.

I don't remember for sure. The Cubs have won at least 60 and Sammy has hit at least 60 for the past few years. The Cubs might be lucky to scratch out 80 wins this year. Think Sosa can break Barry's record and hit 80 zingers?

BearSox
05-15-2002, 02:45 PM
"What!?! There's a second team in Chicago? When did they show up?

Seriously, we should be used to this by now."

Yeah i am use to that by now, but however that comes from people who don't matter and are very ignorant when it comes to chicago baseball, However i expect much more from a national baseball media to know that is not a very smart thing to say. Lets say the Yankees have a bad season but the Mets are in 1st place. I seriously doubt the national media would say looks like it'll be a long baseball season in New York.

Iwritecode
05-15-2002, 02:58 PM
Yeah i am use to that by now, but however that comes from people who don't matter and are very ignorant when it comes to chicago baseball,

Actually, I meant the media. We should be used to getting dissed by them.

:moron

Are you trying to say I don't matter and I'm arrogant?

However i expect much more from a national baseball media to know that is not a very smart thing to say. Lets say the Yankees have a bad season but the Mets are in 1st place. I seriously doubt the national media would say looks like it'll be a long baseball season in New York.

That's the problem, they only care about what happens in NY and Boston. Chicago just happens to be the only other city that supports two baseball teams...

Foulke You
05-15-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

I too have noticed these ridiculous mistakes made by high profile ESPN people. Linda Cohn has called Magglio Ordonez "Ray Ordonez" on many occasions. I've also heard Jose Valentin referred to as "John Valentin". They also butchered Howry's name the other day too! These morons get paid big bucks to know this stuff!

I hate most of those Sportscenter goofs too. Especially Linda Cohn, the king of morons. They can keep their stupid "clever" catch phrases and stupid $#!t eatin' grins they always have on their faces. Get me someone who knows sports and can call Magglio Ordonez "Magglio" and not "Ray". About the only guy I can stand on ESPN is Dan Patrick. At least he knows sports although I can do without the Giambi @$$ licking sessions.

Cheryl
05-15-2002, 05:06 PM
Isn't that the same network that keeps saying Charlie Manuel is our manager?

Daver
05-15-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Isn't that the same network that keeps saying Charlie Manuel is our manager?

Wait a second,he isn't?