PDA

View Full Version : Konerko still "Human Garbage?"

dzipio
09-08-2008, 09:51 AM
So, now that Paulie is hitting again, and especially picking up some of the slack for TCQ, is he still "human garbage" as some referred to him a couple of weeks ago? I'm glad to have Cap'n Konerko on my team.:bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
09-08-2008, 09:55 AM
So, now that Paulie is hitting again, and especially picking up some of the slack for TCQ, is he still "human garbage" as some referred to him a couple of weeks ago? I'm glad to have Cap'n Konerko on my team.:bandance:

Not quite sure who said this, but I am quite sure it wasn't me.

I'm very glad that he's hitting well.

hi im skot
09-08-2008, 10:09 AM
"Human garbage?"

Who the hell said that?

eriqjaffe
09-08-2008, 10:22 AM
"Human garbage?"

Who the hell said that?http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1980952#post1980952

Already banned, although I imagine there was more to it than that.

gn2727
09-08-2008, 10:28 AM
I predict Konerko will stay hot and carry this team to the playoffs with TCQ's absense. Besides his post all star numbers are pretty darn decent anyways..........

8 2B 5 HR 14 RBI 22 W .303 BA .420 OBP .492 SLG .912 OPS in 122 AB's

Thats hardly anything to balk at.........

whitesox901
09-08-2008, 10:29 AM
As Long as Captain Konerko is hitting then im all hands on deck

Madvora
09-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Acting like a hot streak means everything is the same as acting like a cold streak means everything.
Konerko has had his ups and downs this year. Minnesota might not have been anywhere near us right now if Konerko performed half as well as he could earlier in the season. I'm glad he's on a hot streak. We need him more than ever right now.

dzipio
09-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I agree. The whole point of baseball is that it is a long, long season. You can't get too high or too low. But now its crunch time, and hopefully the end of the twinkies. And Paulie was never as bad as some were saying, though it is hard to stay patient.

jabrch
09-08-2008, 10:53 AM
We have a lot of assbags who post here. Calling Konerko "Human Garbage" was just another example of assbaggery.

They way many treated PK while he was hurting was just shameful. (not you FP...others)

30DaysintheHole
09-08-2008, 11:00 AM
I have noticed he seems to have lost his hestitancy to swing. He looks like he is just going with the pitch instead of analyzing it.

Whatever. As long as he is back on track, he will push this team to the playoffs...and we sure could use a good bat right now.

Frater Perdurabo
09-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Acting like a hot streak means everything is the same as acting like a cold streak means everything.
Konerko has had his ups and downs this year. Minnesota might not have been anywhere near us right now if Konerko performed half as well as he could earlier in the season. I'm glad he's on a hot streak. We need him more than ever right now.

Great post. If the Sox win the division, there will be plenty of credit to spread around. If the Sox tank, there will be plenty of blame to spread around.

I_Liked_Manuel
09-08-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm glad Konerko's finally hitting, but let's not forget that had he been hitting like he should have been over the course of the entire season - we'd probably be up 6 or 7 games on Minnesota and talking about getting our starters some rest prior to the playoffs. I'm not going to say that our position right now falls completely on Konerko, but don't let his (current) hot bat dispel the idea that he hasn't cost us quite a few games over the course of the year.

Lukin13
09-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Paulie, like many of his teammates is really a one tool player.... especially when it comes down to his offense. If he isn't hot, and I mean red hot, he is a hard player to watch struggle.

The other thing Paulie doesn't have going for him is he is stuck on a team with the other stars also being "all or nothing" kind of hitters.

I am really glad he is back on track, we will definitely need his presence in the lineup down the stretch.

voodoochile
09-08-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm glad Konerko's finally hitting, but let's not forget that had he been hitting like he should have been over the course of the entire season - we'd probably be up 6 or 7 games on Minnesota and talking about getting our starters some rest prior to the playoffs. I'm not going to say that our position right now falls completely on Konerko, but don't let his (current) hot bat dispel the idea that he hasn't cost us quite a few games over the course of the year.

Something about 2 stints on the DL might give a clue that he hasn't been healthy all season until recently...

Zisk77
09-08-2008, 11:27 AM

Lets not forget that Paulie was hurt for most of the year and is now, finally, healthy.

PatK
09-08-2008, 11:54 AM
And Paulie was never as bad as some were saying, though it is hard to stay patient.

I don't know about that. He was flat-out awful and one point.

But you just have to assume that the law of averages wins out in the end.

jabrch
09-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Paulie, like many of his teammates is really a one tool player.... especially when it comes down to his offense. If he isn't hot, and I mean red hot, he is a hard player to watch struggle.

The other thing Paulie doesn't have going for him is he is stuck on a team with the other stars also being "all or nothing" kind of hitters.

I am really glad he is back on track, we will definitely need his presence in the lineup down the stretch.

That's complete bull****. He has always hit for decent average, gotten on base at a decent clip, and slugged the ball. He also plays average defense. Paulie lacks speed - but he's not a 1 tool player. That's simply ignorant.

hi im skot
09-08-2008, 01:00 PM
That's complete bull****. He has always hit for decent average, gotten on base at a decent clip, and slugged the ball. He also plays average defense. Paulie lacks speed - but he's not a 1 tool player. That's simply ignorant.

Agreed. If you've watched Konerko for any amount of time prior to this season, you should know this.

I'll also argue that Konerko plays above-average defense. He's not Teixeira, but he's good.

I_Liked_Manuel
09-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Something about 2 stints on the DL might give a clue that he hasn't been healthy all season until recently...

I agree that injuries played a part in his troubles, but let's not forget that Konerko's the guy that chose to try and play through them, even though he was clearly hurting the team.

Konerko05
09-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Who cares what people said while Konerko was struggling? People were frustrated with Konerko's lack of production. Is it really necessary to make a thread with a quote from a poster who is banned?

Let's just enjoy the fact that Konerko is back on track and leading our Sox to a division title.

BadBobbyJenks
09-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Paulie was hitting 212 how many weeks ago? It is now .247.

I never lost faith.

SoxGirl4Life
09-08-2008, 02:05 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1980952#post1980952

Already banned, although I imagine there was more to it than that.

Already had that guy on my ignore list. Even if he wasn't banned, he probably wouldn't speak anything positive now anyway.

jabrch
09-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Who cares what people said while Konerko was struggling?

People have every right, as long as they are allowed to, to make douchebags out of themselves when a player is struggling.

And others have every right to hold them to that douchebaggery later. That knife cuts both ways.

veeter
09-08-2008, 04:21 PM
No, now it's Quentin for throwing a "hissy fit" and ruining his team's chances.

gr8mexico
09-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Well Lets hope he keeps it up so we can get something good for him next year :bandance::bandance:

guillensdisciple
09-08-2008, 07:49 PM
It is really unbelievable how much power the Sox have. Pierzynski, Dye, Thome, Konerko, Ramirez, Swisher, Griffey, Uribe. All of them have insane power and Konerko's seeming rise from the dead is absolutely huge, it could comopletely negate the loss of Carlos Quentin because at his best Paulie is on e of the best hitters in the majors.

Frontman
09-08-2008, 07:57 PM
I don't consider anyone wearing a Cubs uniform "human garbage" I certainly would never refer to a Sox player (current OR former) as that.

I didn't really care for Frank Thomas when he was a Sox player; but I'd never call him garbage.

Asshattery in my opinion to call him that.

BleacherBandit
09-08-2008, 08:02 PM
I don't consider anyone wearing a Cubs uniform "human garbage" I certainly would never refer to a Sox player (current OR former) as that.

I didn't really care for Frank Thomas when he was a Sox player; but I'd never call him garbage.

Asshattery in my opinion to call him that.

Would you call Jay Mariotti human garbage?

I would.

AnkleSox
09-08-2008, 09:35 PM

I would.

That's a little extreme. Every now and then someone finds something good in the garbage.

kevingrt
09-08-2008, 09:43 PM

I would.

Human garbage, yes.

Great sportswriter. Yes also. :scratch:

Martinigirl
09-08-2008, 09:43 PM

Why let facts get int the way of a back handed complement? Clearly for some people nothing he does for the rest of this year is enough.

I agree that injuries played a part in his troubles, but let's not forget that Konerko's the guy that chose to try and play through them, even though he was clearly hurting the team.

Isn't Ozzie in charge of who is in the line up? If he felt PK was too injured to play and hurting the team, it is his job not to play him.

It is amazing what some people on this board will blame on certain players.

I_Liked_Manuel
09-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Isn't Ozzie in charge of who is in the line up? If he felt PK was too injured to play and hurting the team, it is his job not to play him.

It is amazing what some people on this board will blame on certain players.

So Ozzie's supposed to sit the team captain when he tells him that he's healthy enough to play?

Frontman
09-09-2008, 08:03 AM

I would.

That's assuming that Eddie Munster there is actually even close to be defined as "human."

Procol Harum
09-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Boy, oh, boy we do have some short-sighted, self-centered folks out there. A guy has injury problems, slumps, and is slow and thus has a tendency to be a double play-magnet...that can be irritating sure, but "human garbage"?!?! On and off the field PK has been a class act and certainly no one can fault him for not giving an effort or caring about his game (in fact, one could argue that he maybe cares TOO much which affects his psyche and probably prolongs his downturns). I'm glad Konerko has rebounded and that goofs like the quotee can be humbled. Of course, those kind would undoubtedly be oblivious to the facts of their own moronic behavior.

Lefty34
09-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Boy, oh, boy we do have some short-sighted, self-centered folks out there. A guy has injury problems, slumps, and is slow and thus has a tendency to be a double play-magnet...that can be irritating sure, but "human garbage"?!?! On and off the field PK has been a class act and certainly no one can fault him for not giving an effort or caring about his game (in fact, one could argue that he maybe cares TOO much which affects his psyche and probably prolongs his downturns). I'm glad Konerko has rebounded and that goofs like the quotee can be humbled. Of course, those kind would undoubtedly be oblivious to the facts of their own moronic behavior.

I would not go so far as to call PK 'human garbage', just declining. Though I don't know what to make of the difference between his 1st and 2nd half numbers:

1st Half: .217/.322/.368
2nd Half: .303/.413/.523

Which one is closer to Paulie's real abilities? I know which set of numbers I hope he can produce consistently, but I really don't think that's going to happen.