PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call @ Yankee Stadium, 9/15-9/18

nccwsfan
09-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Anybody going to catch the White Sox' final series at Yankee Stadium? I'll be there for the Thursday night game- see you there!

hi im skot
09-08-2008, 11:16 AM
I'll be there Monday and Tuesday.

Fenway
09-08-2008, 11:29 AM
some tickets remain

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/remaining_tickets.jsp?partnerId=ed-1765081-55438891&source=ed-1765081-55438891

palehozenychicty
09-08-2008, 11:36 AM
I'll try to sneak in a game or two. I mean, it's only a bus ride from my building. :D:

Bob G
09-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I have tickets to the Monday game and will be in NYC for the entire series.

Has anyone ever done the stadium tour? I checked the web site and it says they're sold out but some tickets are released in the morning and you need to get there early - anyone know about how early? Is it worth it or I should just get to the game early and see the monuments and walk around the stadium?

Also if anyone has some recommendations for casual but good restaurants nearby for a pre-game dinner please let me know.

Thanks!!

JungleJimR
09-08-2008, 11:59 AM
A friend and I will be at the Tuesday and Wednesday games sitting in the cheap left field bleacher seats.

This series is looking to be super critical - and the Yankees are really slumping.

BeefyD
09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
We'll be there for Monday night's game. Tier 10.

dllrbll7
09-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Will be there monday...still looking for tickets though... hoping the NYY really go on a slump and they become allittle more available.

Beer Can Chicken
09-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I'll be there Monday

Milw
09-08-2008, 01:12 PM
I'll be there Monday. It's my first (and last) trip to Yankee Stadium--any suggestions/tips are welcome.

Also, what's the deal with Monument Park? How early do you have to get there for that, and is it even accessible with my 600-level tickets?

BeefyD
09-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I believe Monument park is only available through the tour (although I may be wrong. That's how I read it on their website). Unfortunately, the tour tickets have been sold out since May.

We're staying in the Theatre district. Anyone meeting up anywhere for a bite and a drink??? Recommendations? (I've seen a couple on a previous post)

DoItForDanPasqua
09-08-2008, 01:29 PM
I'll be there Monday.

RealFan
09-08-2008, 01:34 PM
I will be there on Monday.

dllrbll7
09-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I believe Monument park is only available through the tour (although I may be wrong. That's how I read it on their website). Unfortunately, the tour tickets have been sold out since May.

We're staying in the Theatre district. Anyone meeting up anywhere for a bite and a drink??? Recommendations? (I've seen a couple on a previous post)

Monument park is open before the game. You should try to get there early though, I imagine this year the lines are huge.

Chez
09-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Has anyone ever done the stadium tour? I checked the web site and it says they're sold out but some tickets are released in the morning and you need to get there early - anyone know about how early? Is it worth it or I should just get to the game early and see the monuments and walk around the stadium?

I've done the tour twice. It's terrific.

BadBobbyJenks
09-08-2008, 02:56 PM
I too will be there Monday, first time for me. How early should I get there for the tour?

pdimas
09-08-2008, 05:54 PM
cwsfannick, my father, my uncle and I are going to the Wednesday and Thursday game.

WagMan
09-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I'll be there Monday. Trying to score early morning tix for the tour on either Mon or Tues too. Not looking good though...

hi im skot
09-14-2008, 03:07 PM
New Yorkers:

Can you folks help me get my trip from LaGuardia to Brooklyn?

I'll be arriving early Monday morning heading to Hotel Le Bleu at 370 4th Avenue in Brooklyn. Since I've never been to New York, I'm pretty clueless about the transit system.

The MTA trip planner hasn't been much of a help...can any WSIers help me out?

#1swisher
09-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Just a reminder don't forget to get the gameday program as a souvenir along with the ticket. Frame these together,makes a great memory/collectible.

BadBobbyJenks
09-15-2008, 03:07 PM
I just called Yankee stadium and they said if I got there by 4:30 I should be fine getting into Monument Park. If anyone happens to be checking this before the game.

nysox35
09-15-2008, 03:36 PM
New Yorkers:

Can you folks help me get my trip from LaGuardia to Brooklyn?

I'll be arriving early Monday morning heading to Hotel Le Bleu at 370 4th Avenue in Brooklyn. Since I've never been to New York, I'm pretty clueless about the transit system.

The MTA trip planner hasn't been much of a help...can any WSIers help me out?

It's sort of complex.
For $10 (I think) you can get a shuttle to Port Authority from the Airport. www.nyairportservice.com

If you want to Subway/bus it, my advice:
take the Q33 bus to Roosevelt Avenue-Jackson Heights or 74th Street and Broadway in Jackson Heights Queens. If you get off the bus at Roosevelt Avenue, you can catch the E or F trains into Manhattan.
I'd get the F train at Roosevelt heading downtown. Get off at 4th ave, exiting at 4th ave and 9th street. You're pretty much right by your hotel then.
This is a lengthy trip.

Let me know if you need more help.

nysox35
09-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Hey Guys,

I'll be there Wed & Thurs for my final two games at the Stadium.
The main bars nearby are Billy's and Stan's, but I like a hole in the wall dive right to the right of Billy's called "Yankee Eatery". The front is a food stand - walk to the back and there's a small open room w/ a bar. They charge like $8 or $8.50 for a 24 oz can of beer - every other bar on the block charges you that for a 12 oz. bottle.

If you want more atmosphere, I'd go w/ Billy's or Stan's.

Also, anyone making a weekend out of this and staying until Sunday, there are two Bears bars:
Gael Pub 83rd St & 3rd Ave
Overlook 44th St & b/w 2nd and 3rd Ave.

Let me know if you need any help or recommendations.

Go Sox

cbotnyse
09-15-2008, 03:41 PM
I'll be there Thursday.

FUram5585
09-15-2008, 04:25 PM
I'll be there at least wed night in the left field bleachers, looking to add thurs or tues tickets as well

WagMan
09-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Got back late last night from my 4 days in New York. Got to see Cooperstown, Shea, and Yankee Stadium. While the Sox bullpen didn't show up on Monday, it was still a great experience to catch a game. Was lucky enough to get the Yankee Stadium tour on Monday morning. So, we were able to see Monument Park, walk on the warning track, hang out in the Yankee dugout and head over to the press area. All-in-all, a great experience. Even had a Yankee fan tell me to go **** myself in jest. Lots of Sox fans all throughout New York during our visit. Good times!

Seeing both new stadiums beeing built right next to the old models was impressive as well. Seems the Mets are copying St. Louis' plan with the old, circular, multi-purpose stadium to the new Citi Field (looks nearly identical to new Busch from outside). New Yankee Stadium looks alot like the old, just updated, which is cool I guess.

Can't wait to get back to the Cell for the final series though. There's no place like home, there's no place like home....