PDA

View Full Version : Maggs leaves game again

CerberusWG
05-14-2002, 09:47 PM
Can't be good.

Rowand now in Right.

delben91
05-14-2002, 10:11 PM
Didn't he leave one of the Anaheim games with a lower back strain? Does it have anything to do with that maybe?

RKMeibalane
05-14-2002, 10:21 PM
His back has been bothering him. I believe he has a lower back strain.

Rowand hasn't exactly been the picture of health either. I think he hurt himself also during the Saturday game chasing a triple.

Garrison
05-14-2002, 10:53 PM
Maggs strained his back in Anaheim and left the game early. Then he didn't start the next game but pinch hit a home run and finished the game. Then the off day and he started tonight. But he struck out his last two times up and left the game in the sixth. I think his back was bothering him. He didn't look comfortable at the plate. Aaron hurt something in Anaheim also. I thought it was a leg injury? That was a few days ago...

OEO Magglio
05-14-2002, 11:02 PM
I was watching baseball tonight, and they said he went to get some type of xrays, and they said that it doesn't sound good, so I'm starting to get scared.

Garrison
05-14-2002, 11:21 PM
Tonight overall scared me for injuries. Maggs left with the back injury and if they said it didn't look good then I am definately scared. Plus Ray didn't start with a hand injury, Royce got hit in the ribs, and Lofton fouled a ball off his foot and looked pretty hurt. He finished the game, but he was visibly pained and limping. Last year pitching injuries. This year position injuries? I sure hope not! Please get better Maggs!

whitesoxprincess
05-14-2002, 11:22 PM
X-Ray's scare me too!!! that doesnt sound so good!!! :(:

HawkDJ
05-14-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
I was watching baseball tonight, and they said he went to get some type of xrays, and they said that it doesn't sound good, so I'm starting to get scared.

I really don't think its too serious if he can hit a home run with it. I think its just the sore back that flared up and that might hurt him for a while, but nothing serious and he can play every day after awhile. At least I hope.

HawkDJ
05-14-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

I really don't think its too serious if he can hit a home run with it. I think its just the sore back that flared up and that might hurt him for a while, but nothing serious and he can play every day after awhile. At least I hope.

OK... maybe not. This from whitesox.com

The Sox weren't without their own injury problems. Reigning AL Player of the Week Magglio Ordonez, who has been bothered by a sore back suffered during batting practice on Saturday, left the game in the sixth inning. The Sox announced that Ordonez went to a local hospital to undergo tests, but did not specify what he was being tested for.

Lets all hope for some good luck.

WinningUgly!
05-14-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxprincess
X-Ray's scare me too!!! that doesnt sound so good!!! :(:

:LTP
"Fear not Princess! I'll be ready, if needed."

Garrison
05-14-2002, 11:31 PM
On AM1000 Jerry Manuel said that Maggs had gone to get his lower back checked out. He was really vague about it and didn't want to say anything before he got the report. This is making me really nervous. How about you guys?

duke of dorwood
05-14-2002, 11:36 PM
Back injuries tend to linger.

GASHWOUND
05-14-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
On AM1000 Jerry Manuel said that Maggs had gone to get his lower back checked out. He was really vague about it and didn't want to say anything before he got the report. This is making me really nervous. How about you guys?

Well, I think we can survive with Maggs out of the line-up cause we are deep with the bats. Lets just hope its not something thats gonna be nagging him all year and sitting out some games wil make it better. This sounds like David Wells from last year, his back would flare up and sometimes it would be ok. But Wells was a big fat-so, lets ope he's alright.

Procol Harum
05-14-2002, 11:42 PM
It particularly makes all of us old, out-of-shape types who have had some back trouble nervous--hard to imagine running around on a baseball field with back trouble. Here's hopin' a couple of days rest will do the trick for Maggs :(:

GASHWOUND
05-14-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
Maggs strained his back in Anaheim and left the game early. Then he didn't start the next game but pinch hit a home run and finished the game. Then the off day and he started tonight. But he struck out his last two times up and left the game in the sixth. I think his back was bothering him. He didn't look comfortable at the plate. Aaron hurt something in Anaheim also. I thought it was a leg injury? That was a few days ago...

Yeah, the last 2 strikeouts he didn't look to good. I sorta knew that something had to be bothering him.