PDA

View Full Version : *Official* At Least We Won the Series Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
09-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Have at it. Don't forget to spew your hate for K-Rod.

kevingrt
That sucked. Someone should meet Frankie out back after he prays to the sky for the 100th time.

ilsox7
Good series. Both the Sox and Twins control their own destiny. Should be an exciting 3 weeks!

MushMouth
09-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Frankie needs to be taught a lesson... what a jagoff.

CHISOXFAN13
Screw winning the series. I hate that attitude after you win the first two.

Danks looked much better today, and the bullpen was strong again. Hope the Tigers hang on as the hottest team in baseball comes a calling next.

stl_sox_fan
Arghhh!!! Swish swing the bat!!!!!
Oh well, Magic Number shrunk by 3(maybe 4) this weekend.
Wow does Fields make me sick when he's at the plate.

sox1970
If the Tigers can get 5 more outs, this is still a great weekend for the White Sox.

TheOldRoman
Horrible game. Danks was ok, but he didn't last long enough. The offense was absolutely terrible, and a lot of guys looked like they didn't want to be there. Really bad strike zones today, but still, Swish absolutely has to swing at the last pitch in that situation.

Go Tigers.

oeo
Can't win them all against very good teams.

For those that said this team can't stick with the best: let this series be an example of you being wrong.

soltrain21
Has he always acted like that? I don't remember that garbage early in his career. I thought it was one sky point - not five.

Anyway, good series.

bridgeportcopper
Let's go Bears!

Whitesoxfan23
Terrible AB by Swisher. He pulled a Josh Fields. Oh well, winning a series against the Angels is awesome.

JermaineDye05
09-07-2008, 03:56 PM
It was still a good series for us. The Angels have been the best road team and we took a series from them, not only that but we came back last night to get Rodriguez to blow a save which was huge! The Sweep would have been nice, but has someone stated earlier in the gamethread, it's very tough to sweep the Angels. If the Twins can comeback we still have a 1.5 game lead on them. Hopefully the Tigers can pull off a miracle and take a series at the dome and let us hold our 2.5 game lead.

BleacherBandit
09-07-2008, 03:56 PM
I hate that hot dog K-Rod.

Anybody hear Hawk punch something after the strike out?:angry:

Foulke You
09-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Too much Saunders today. At least we put ourselves in position to sweep. This was a winnable game. I will say that the ump's strike zone was kind've all over the place today. Not consistent at all.

LoveYourSuit
09-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Terrible AB by Swisher. He pulled a Josh Fields. Oh well, winning a series against the Angels is awesome.

That's one thing thing Hawk was bitching about which is true. We are not being aggresive enough at the plate especially on 1st pitch Fastball. K Rod was pretty mutch all breaking stuff, but Swisher stood there foolishly on that Fastball.

Big picture, we took 2 of 3 against perhaps the best road team in the game.

No let up, tough cookie coming in Toronto.

Let's get them.

TheOldRoman
09-07-2008, 03:58 PM
For a team that does nothing but swing for the fences, Swisher picked a horrible time to not swing the ****ing bat once. That was an absolutely terrible at bat. Lucky for him, he had some company today.

Soxman219
09-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Still a successful weekend for the Sox. If the Tigers can hold on, we're in great shape. Just think, 3 sundays from now we can be talking ALDS.

kevingrt
09-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Would you consider Rodriguez a polytheist because he points to so many gods?

SoxandtheCityTee
09-07-2008, 04:00 PM
I hate that hot dog K-Rod.

I hadn't realized that he does that whole rigamarole every time. What a dishrag.

joebro25
09-07-2008, 04:00 PM
I wonder why Ozzie didn't PH for Swish, he was what? 1 for 10 with 6ks against K-Rod. Plus, Griffey has been hitting well with RISP since he's been around. Horrible way to end a game getting caught looking at strike 3 especially against K-Rod.

PicktoCLick72
09-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Did we get a runner to 2cd besides the two HR's? Saunders had our number so you just have to tip your cap. Hopefully Rodney can make it a little bit easier.

TheOldRoman
09-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Has he always acted like that? I don't remember that garbage early in his career. I thought it was one sky point - not five.

Anyway, good series.K-Rod is a real piece of ****. For once, I want a player to point to the sky and pound his chest after taking him deep. K-Rod is in the category of jagoffs like Papelbitch who I would like to see repeated line drives off the groin. Like... 15 in a row.

09-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Ump was ****ing awful during the last inning. That 3-0 pitch to Dye was 3 inches outside and he rings up Swish on a pitch at the knees that he doesn't call all day.

soltrain21
09-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Did we get a runner to 2cd besides the two HR's? Saunders had our number so you just have to tip your cap. Hopefully Rodney can make it a little bit easier.

I'm tired of doing that. That phrase needs to be retired.

DSpivack
09-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Ump was ****ing awful during the last inning. That 3-0 pitch to Dye was 3 inches outside and he rings up Swish on a pitch at the knees that he doesn't call all day.

The ump didn't lose the game for the Sox. I don't know why Swish wasn't swinging, no excuse pulling a Beltran like that.

Konerko05
09-07-2008, 04:04 PM
One of the worst umped games I've seen this year.

Swisher needs to get the bat off his shoulders. He didn't even give the team a chance to score with that at bat.

Danks looked pretty sharp for 5 innings. Best stuff he had since the no-hit bid against Boston. He has to keep the change-up down in the zone.

Bullpen did a great job again.

Fields shouldn't play anymore.

Alexei looks tired.

Saunders pitched a good game. Hats off.

Toby Hall actually hit the ball hard.

Overall, Sox didn't play a bad game. They just got beat by a 1st place team.

TheOldRoman
09-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Ump was ****ing awful during the last inning. That 3-0 pitch to Dye was 3 inches outside and he rings up Swish on a pitch at the knees that he doesn't call all day.In a low scoring game like this, the umpire had a HUGE role in deciding the outcome, more than anyone outside of the two starters. The Sox still should have won this game, but the umpiring was horrible, yet again.

ElDuque26
09-07-2008, 04:05 PM
I know this is one of those plays that could be argued for hours, but I was screaming for Dye to let that ball land foul. I know that you take the bat out of Anderson's hands, but we had 4 hits all afternoon and he gave them a run with catching that ball...thoughts?

Foulke You
09-07-2008, 04:06 PM
I thought his zone was all over the place during the last 3 innings. There were a few pitches Horacio Ramirez threw that were strikes most of the day for Danks and Saunders and suddenly weren't being called anymore. I also can't believe how he granted time to Torii Hunter that one inning where the ball was practically off of Danks fingertips for the pitch.

soltrain21
09-07-2008, 04:07 PM
I know this is one of those plays that could be argued for hours, but I was screaming for Dye to let that ball land foul. I know that you take the bat out of Anderson's hands, but we had 4 hits all afternoon and he gave them a run with catching that ball...thoughts?

You catch the ball in that situation 10 out of 10 times.

Foulke You
09-07-2008, 04:07 PM
The ump didn't lose the game for the Sox. I don't know why Swish wasn't swinging, no excuse pulling a Beltran like that.
I don't think anyone is saying the ump is to blame but he definitely had an odd strike zone this game which made our hitters approach even more out of whack today.

ilsox7
09-07-2008, 04:08 PM
In a low scoring game like this, the umpire had a HUGE role in deciding the outcome, more than anyone outside of the two starters. The Sox still should have won this game, but the umpiring was horrible, yet again.

We've had out fair share of breaks this year. They even out over a 162 game season.

kevingrt
You catch the ball in that situation 10 out of 10 times.

And on the 11th time you still catch the ball.

Konerko05

Dye made the right call. I can just imagine Dye letting the ball drop, and Anderson hitting a grand slam on the next pitch. Then we are totally out of the game. Like Hawk said, it was the 8th inning and we needed to score anyways.

eastchicagosoxfan
That sucked. Someone should meet Frankie out back after he prays to the sky for the 100th time.
I would prefer the line drive to the throwing hand. I don't care for that type of "worship" or giving thanks. Keep it to yourself and God. That goes for Swisher too after homers. Go to church everyday. Pray the Rosary daily. Chuck Bednarik still does. Just don't be a self-engrossed ******* and pass it off as a form of worship.

chisoxfanatic
I'd love to have KRod as a punching bag right about now. I can't stand his smug pointing to the sky attitude. He doesn't deserve to break Thigpen's record!

This was still a pretty Soxessful weekend, especially if the Tigers can get another win today. If we can gain one game a week now until we get into Minnesota, then I think we'd pretty much have them cornered enough that they'll have to submit to our Sox.

LITTLE NELL
09-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Who was he pointing to last night after he blew the save?

soltrain21
09-07-2008, 04:11 PM
I would prefer the line drive to the throwing hand. I don't care for that type of "worship" or giving thanks. Keep it to yourself and God. That goes for Swisher too after homers. Go to church everyday. Pray the Rosary daily. Chuck Bednarik still does. Just don't be a self-engrossed ******* and pass it off as a form of worship.

Swisher subtlely points to the sky because of his grandma. What he does and what Rodriguez is doing out here is COMPLETELY different.

Konerko05
09-07-2008, 04:13 PM
One thing I forgot to add to my original post.

Great at-bat by Konerko in the 9th. When I saw the catcher setting up low, I was saying, "don't swing, don't swing." Then Konerko executes a perfect swing right up the middle. Impressive.

LITTLE NELL
09-07-2008, 04:13 PM
I agree, Im a believer but Im not sure if the allmighty is a Zambrano Cub fan, an Angel fan or a White Sox fan.

Konerko05
09-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Seriously, who cares about Rodriguez pointing to the sky after a save? You know what stops him from pointing to the sky after a save? Taking the bat off your shoulder. Yes, I'm talking to you Swisher.

TDog
09-07-2008, 04:16 PM
That was a tough loss. The Sox didn't have many opportunities. The Sox bullpen only gave up one run (plus the inherited run from third on a ground out to tie) after last night's 15-inning game.

Danks looked good through five, which is better than he has looked of late. The hits he gave up to Guerrero were on pitches nowhere near the strike zone. He just got beat by good hitters who had a better idea how to hit him the third time around. And he wasn't beaten badly.

The Sox could have won today, and Saunders pitched a great game. There were so many little things. Of course Guerrero didn't tag up on the line drive to Swisher early in the game, but Swisher came up with a nice throw, and I don't know that Guerrero would have scored.

But in he eighth, Matthews easily would have been tagged out at third if his first move wasn't back to third. Then he scored on a sacrifice fly that proved to be the difference in the game.

It was a tough loss. Last night's game was a tough loss for the Angels. These are two good teams that played 10 games this year, splitting four in Anaheim and splitting six in Chicago.

I still love this White Sox team.

eastchicagosoxfan
09-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Swisher subtlely points to the sky because of his grandma. What he does and what Rodriguez is doing out here is COMPLETELY different.
I don't think it's very subtle. He does it in front of the opposing catcher. If I'm the catcher, it looks classless. K-Rod is more demonstrative. This angle can only go into territory reserved on the PI board. :gulp:

TheOldRoman
09-07-2008, 04:19 PM
:twinslose

18!

sox1970
09-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Big game for the Sox tomorrow. Get the lead to 3 games, and then maintain the lead until they get to the Dome.

soltrain21
09-07-2008, 04:21 PM
I don't think it's very subtle. He does it in front of the opposing catcher. If I'm the catcher, it looks classless. K-Rod is more demonstrative. This angle can only go into territory reserved on the PI board. :gulp:

Well then why not stop everyone from celebrating completely? What about a player celebrating on second base after a big double to bring in runs? What about teams high fiving at the end of the game?

While I agree there is such thing as excessive celebration - thinking Swisher is "showing up" the other team is ridiculous.

eastchicagosoxfan
09-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Well then why not stop everyone from celebrating completely? What about a player celebrating on second base after a big double to bring in runs? What about teams high fiving at the end of the game?

While I agree there is such thing as excessive celebration - thinking Swisher is "showing up" the other team is ridiculous.
It's just me. If a guy did that **** to me when I played, I wanted him on his ass his next at bat. Act like you've been there. I wonder what Bob Gibson thinks?

russ99
09-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Good job by Danks today, hopefully we can count him to match today's effort the rest of the way.

I do have a few gripes:

1. Is there some kind of league-wide mandate to call pitches way off the plate as strikes vs. the White Sox? I'm not seeing similar zones for our pitchers...

2. The rest of the league is totally on to the Sox "work the count" philosophy. Our hitters simply need to adjust. There's nothing wrong with swinging on the first pitch if it's something hittable. Also, true plate patience is when you can turn a bad count into a good one, not by always watching 2 strikes go by. Way too many 0-2 counts the last week or so.

3. Only 3 weeks left in a close pennant race and Ozzie's using a Sunday lineup vs. Saunders?? Sure that 15 inning game yesterday and no off days for a while make that a bit of a necessity, but c'mon, Ozzie. We got the horses, let's use them.

SoxSpeed22
09-07-2008, 04:40 PM
I agree with Russ that there were so many times in which the Sox took first pitch fastballs right down the heart of the plate. They also fell behind in the count frequently. This game makes yesterday's win even bigger. But at least losing this game didn't hurt as much because the Twins lost 2 of 3 against the Tigers.

kittle42
09-07-2008, 04:46 PM

This is a great post.

kittle42
09-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Who was he pointing to last night after he blew the save?

God hates him.

kittle42
09-07-2008, 04:50 PM

His grandmother lives in the sky?

eastchicagosoxfan
09-07-2008, 04:53 PM
His grandmother lives in the sky?

:tongue:

turners56
09-07-2008, 05:33 PM
There were two really big at bats in today's game. One was to Konerko in the 6th where he was up 3-1 and ended up striking out on a terrible pitch. Had Konerko walked instead of striking out, you would of had two men on base with Alexei coming up - who can bunt. You can then possibly have second and third, one out. That could of been a run there.

Then you had the first AB in the 9th by Dye, where Rodriguez missed miserably with three straight curveballs and the umpire graciously gave him a 3-0 pitch for a strike. I know we're all tired with the Umpire bitching, but that was a pretty big pitch.

Oh well, we played ok today against a good pitcher. We also pitched quite well. I still don't understand why Ozzie uses Horacio Ramirez so much, he sucks ass. We'll need to cool Toronto down tomorrow.

hawkjt
09-07-2008, 05:41 PM
When I saw this crew was on this series ,my first thought was...please do not let Eric Cooper be behind the plate ...this db is consistently one of the worst in the league and he definitely has an issue with Ozzie.
There are about 3-4 umps who you just know before the game we are going to get reamed. Definitely Phil Cuzzi is on the list. Grudge vs Ozzie.
Wendelstat is bad. Angel Hernandez.

For some reason danks was not getting that low outside pitch he was giving to saunders. Cooper is a prick.

Ok, rant over. Thank you Tigers for coming up big in that dome.
Now, Sox, brace yourself for the hottest team in baseball with four excellent starters this week. I take two and be dancing right now.

kevingrt
09-07-2008, 05:48 PM
One thing I forgot to add to my original post.

Great at-bat by Konerko in the 9th. When I saw the catcher setting up low, I was saying, "don't swing, don't swing." Then Konerko executes a perfect swing right up the middle. Impressive.

And that is why you are a professional first baseman.

PK has been lighting it up in August and Sept. Calm down on him buddy. At least he swung.

Frater Perdurabo
09-07-2008, 06:27 PM
The Sox gutted out a home series win against the best overall team and the best road team in the majors.

This was like the middle three games of a seven-game playoff series and the Sox acquitted themselves well at home.

The Sox very much could have won today's game, but the Angels just did a better job of executing at the right time and prevented the Sox from doing so, too.

Going into this series I thought the Sox would be lucky to win one game. But they won two and increased their division lead over the Twins.

Now, let's pluck the feathers off these Blue Jays a return the favor of the four-game sweep up in Toronto in May. Besides, the city deserves to have the Jays swept for doing such a terrible job trying to be Chicago in Blues Brothers 2000.

Lip Man 1
09-07-2008, 06:29 PM
This was a win, win situation on the field this weekend for the Sox.

They took the series, increased the lead over the Twins and knocked another day of the schedule.

I realize the three at the House of Horrors is a huge joker in the deck, but if the Sox can go there with a 2 or 2 1/2 game lead the pressure is squarely on Minnesota to have to sweep and perhaps the Sox play better.

I also agree with others, Toronto is a different animal right now. Considering the pitching match up's I'd be happy with a split (pending what the Twins do against whomever they are playing...)

Lip

LITTLE NELL
09-07-2008, 06:39 PM
This was a win, win situation on the field this weekend for the Sox.

They took the series, increased the lead over the Twins and knocked another day of the schedule.

I realize the three at the House of Horrors is a huge joker in the deck, but if the Sox can go there with a 2 or 2 1/2 game lead the pressure is squarely on Minnesota to have to sweep and perhaps the Sox play better.

I also agree with others, Toronto is a different animal right now. Considering the pitching match up's I'd be happy with a split (pending what the Twins do against whomever they are playing...)

Lip
Twins have 3 with KC while we have the Jays.

chisoxfanatic
09-07-2008, 06:40 PM

Lip
The Twins are playing Kansas City for three games starting Tuesday at the same Baggie Dome where they lost a series to Detroit. Tomorrow is a day off for them, so we'll either be 2 or 3 full games up on them after tomorrow night's game.

guillensdisciple
09-07-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't think the twins playing the royals necessarily means the twins sweep. If the Sox take 3 of 4, they will probably gain a game in the standing.
I think the Sox should sweep though to revenge what they did to us. It just blows because they are on fire.

eastchicagosoxfan
09-07-2008, 06:49 PM
A question for the folks that really know. Do the Sox really care what Toronto's been doing the past week?

chisoxfanatic
09-07-2008, 06:51 PM
A question for the folks that really know. Do the Sox really care what Toronto's been doing the past week?
Nahhh, I don't think so. And, Toronto's been at home for this hot streak, not on the road, so we'll see how they do on a grass field outside.

Konerko05
09-07-2008, 06:52 PM
And that is why you are a professional first baseman.

PK has been lighting it up in August and Sept. Calm down on him buddy. At least he swung.

I thought I was giving him a compliment?

Believe me, I've noticed his August and September. Paul Konerko is our best hitter right now.

Hitmen77
09-07-2008, 08:21 PM
I would have liked a win, but we had a B-lineup going against a pretty good pitcher. So, I think odds were against us taking this game.

We don't have too many "easy" opponents from here on out, so the Sox are just going to have to win against good teams.

Lip

Those pitchers for Toronto look pretty impressive. I'm surprised they don't have a better record. I hope the Sox show up ready to hit (and not just swing for the fences) against those guys.

scarsofthumper
09-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I can't complain. I ended up going to the game. Scalper outside the cell gave me a ticket in exchange for 5 cigarettes. Gotta love the southside :o

ChiSoxGirl
09-07-2008, 08:57 PM
K-Rod is a total tool. :angry: That is all.

Oh yeah... the Fan Deck wasn't closed for a private party and there were a lot of seats available, so I got to watch a game up there for the first time this season. The weather was great and I didn't have a care in the world relaxing on the Fan Deck... almost made the loss a little more tolerable.

jabrch
09-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Hall got made into the Angels bitch on the bases today...worst I've seen him look yet.

JB98
09-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Hall got made into the Angels bitch on the bases today...worst I've seen him look yet.

Danks didn't give him much help, though. The only one Hall had a chance on was the double steal in the second. That was a pretty close play at third. From my vantage point, I couldn't tell for certain whether Uribe had gotten the tag down on Hunter in time. Apparently not.

Tough loss today. I thought we played pretty well. Just got beat by a good team.

I hope Ozzie refrains from giving Josh Fields any more starts. After the 15-inning game, it made perfect sense to rest AJ and Griffey this afternoon. But by giving Thome the day off as well, I thought the lineup looked pretty weak. Especially since Ramirez is scuffling a little bit right now.

EuroSox35
09-08-2008, 01:04 AM
Please stop starting or using AAA players unless it's a blowout, thanks

Who cares about Rodriguez, our team is filled with chest thumpers, finger pointers, and bat flippers, more so than I can remember in a long time, it means jack, just get it done on the field

LJS1993
09-08-2008, 08:13 AM
K-Rod is a real piece of ****. For once, I want a player to point to the sky and pound his chest after taking him deep. K-Rod is in the category of jagoffs like Papelbitch who I would like to see repeated line drives off the groin. Like... 15 in a row.

Some may say it's impossible these days, but I'd love to see Griffey do his little walk after hitting a huge one out off K-Rod. Then the crowd going wild while K-Rod gets a taste of his own medicine.
Oh and Papelbohn is a jerk. Same thing for him.

palehozenychicty
09-08-2008, 09:03 AM
I would have liked a win, but we had a B-lineup going against a pretty good pitcher. So, I think odds were against us taking this game.

We don't have too many "easy" opponents from here on out, so the Sox are just going to have to win against good teams.

Those pitchers for Toronto look pretty impressive. I'm surprised they don't have a better record. I hope the Sox show up ready to hit (and not just swing for the fences) against those guys.

Their hitting and lineup injuries did them in. I don't know what to expect in this series. Let's just play ball.