PDA

View Full Version : Weather Watch for Monday

thomas35forever
09-07-2008, 03:27 PM
The forecast for tomorrow's game calls for thunderstorms. Doesn't bode well since my dad and I are planning on going tomorrow.

Foulke You
09-07-2008, 04:01 PM
I hear ya. I'm going as well and I have an impeccable track record of bringing rain storms with me.:(:

alohafri
09-08-2008, 07:43 AM
We are going as well...let's hope they get it in.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-08-2008, 08:12 AM
I have tix to go but can't make it due to another commitment, but with the weather, I'm hoping whoever does want my tickets (hint, hint, WSI tix exchange) that they do get it in.

Law11
09-08-2008, 08:41 AM
rain looks inevitable but hopefully they get this one in.
Could be a cold damp night out there.

Bring the ponchos!

Foulke You
09-08-2008, 11:05 AM
The weather channel downgraded their forecast from 1 to 2" of rain to 0.25" of rain this afternoon. I'm hoping it rains in the mid afternoon and then clears up by 7PM. We'll see.

Chicken Dinner
09-08-2008, 11:11 AM
http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?animate=true&location=USIL0229

soxpride724
09-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Radar is showing a rather large system moving into the are right now. Hopefully this is the only one.

Milw
09-08-2008, 12:14 PM
With three more games with the Jays this week, I can only assume they'd rather schedule a doubleheader on Wednesday than play through a thunderstorm tonight. But who knows. I just hope that they either call it well in advance or get the game in ...

salty99
09-08-2008, 12:17 PM
It is pouring right now in Darien.

BeefyD
09-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Darn... I live in Woodridge, and I think I left a west-facing window open this morning....:mad:

sodfatherjunior
09-08-2008, 12:23 PM
With three more games with the Jays this week, I can only assume they'd rather schedule a doubleheader on Wednesday than play through a thunderstorm tonight. But who knows. I just hope that they either call it well in advance or get the game in ...

I disagree, I think most players and coaches would rather get the game in tonight and not have to deal w/a doubleheader at all.

kevingrt
09-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Weather does not look good right now, either does the radar. It's a while till the game but still very ugly and chilly. A sense of October baseball tonight maybe?

soxfanaticpaulie
09-08-2008, 12:25 PM
I just found out that I won tickets from my office this morning. I hope they get this one in...or at least delay it for a long time, the tickets come with Stadium Club passes!

EuroSox35
09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Sorry for those with tix, but I hope it gets rained out, I want to "cool off" Toronto, some times those offdays do just that

thomas35forever
09-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Tom Skilling just projected that the rain won't completely be out of the area until about midnight. I don't think we're going to have baseball tonight.:(:

BleacherBandit
09-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Tom Skilling just projected that the rain won't completely be out of the area until about midnight. I don't think we're going to have baseball tonight.:(:
Yeah, because we just trust WGN all that much....

However, Tom Skilling is the man. :smile:

wxkid23
09-08-2008, 12:43 PM
TONS of rain on radar.. stretching back into NE MO/SE IA.. it looks like a little break later this afternoon if we are lucky but thunderstorms are forecast to develop in Iowa/Missouri later and move NE so it looks bleak right now :(:

wxkid23
09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah, because we just trust WGN all that much....

However, Tom Skilling is the man. :smile:

He is!! :D:

chisoxfanatic
I'd hope they wouldn't schedule a DH for tomorrow! I don't wanna miss Sox BP!

scarsofthumper
Is there a chance they'll call it well in advance?

wxkid23
09-08-2008, 12:46 PM

It's so late in the season when else are they going to play it?

chisoxfanatic
09-08-2008, 12:49 PM
It's so late in the season when else are they going to play it?
Tomorrow isn't the last day the Jays are in town.

wxkid23
09-08-2008, 12:54 PM
I know. It would just seem logical that they play it tomorrow being that all are night games. Hopefully for your sake they play it Wednesday or Thursday though... BP is fun :D:

cards press box
09-08-2008, 01:09 PM
TONS of rain on radar.. stretching back into NE MO/SE IA.. it looks like a little break later this afternoon if we are lucky but thunderstorms are forecast to develop in Iowa/Missouri later and move NE so it looks bleak right now :(:

The line of rain seems to stretch from Chicago to west of Santa Fe, New Mexico. I don't think this one will be played tonight. And, frankly, I wouldn't want the Sox to have Javier Vazquez warm up and pitch 2 innings of a game called on account of rain.

I expect that the Sox would want to get the day/night doubleheader out of the way as soon as possible. If tonight's game is called, I fully expect a day/night DH tommorrow.

scarsofthumper
09-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I just hope they call it in advance if they know they're not going to play.

and the rain is heading NE, not E, so there can be a chance it gets played.

dwalteroo
09-08-2008, 01:15 PM
If it does get canceled and rescheduled, the tickets for tonight's game are only are good for the make-up game, correct? There are no refunds, right? I just want to make sure.

scarsofthumper
09-08-2008, 01:19 PM
If it does get canceled and rescheduled, the tickets for tonight's game are only are good for the make-up game, correct? There are no refunds, right? I just want to make sure.
Yep. Only way you can use them for a different game is if the game is cancelled and won't be made up at home (ie, the April O's game)

Foulke You
09-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Yep. Only way you can use them for a different game is if the game is cancelled and won't be made up at home (ie, the April O's game)
Will parking passes be honored as well? If I drive to the game tonight and pay for parking and they end up making this game up on say, Wednesday, would I have to pay for parking again?

scarsofthumper
09-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Will parking passes be honored as well? If I drive to the game tonight and pay for parking and they end up making this game up on say, Wednesday, would I have to pay for parking again?
"Season parking coupons for games cancelled by weather may be exchanged for $22 in Comiskey Cash or an individual parking pass for a future 2008 regular season game (based on availability; see back of parking coupon for specific instructions). This policy may be amended at anytime without notice."

scarsofthumper
09-08-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm still unsure of what to do. I have lower level seats and probably am gonna start heading the blue line in about 45 minutes

hi im skot
09-08-2008, 02:59 PM
I'll be shocked if they get this game in.

scarsofthumper
09-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Just called, as of right now game is still scheduled.

kaufsox
09-08-2008, 03:40 PM
hasn't stopped raining here in Rogers Park since about noon and according to the forecast last night, won't stop until 10pm or so. I think I'm going to eat the tickets. I'm just not up for a night in the rain.:(:

PorkChopExpress
09-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Radar does not look good. There is a thin tail of rain on this storm and it looks like Chicago is going to get every bit of it. And Weather.com has 100% chance of rain at 9 and 10pm.

scarsofthumper
09-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Only reason i'm going is that im in sec115 row 34, so we probably will be covered.

I wish they'd just call this because i'm going nuts here. i really don't wanna eat these tickets

The Immigrant
09-08-2008, 03:48 PM
To quote the Hawk, it is total BS that they haven't called the game yet. There's no chance this game gets played tonight. I have front row seats and no intention of going.

dwalteroo
09-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Update: As of 3:47 pm, game is still on - I just called.

WhiteSox5187
09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
It's pouring again here in Beverly. I don't see how they'll play this game.

Gammons Peter
09-08-2008, 03:58 PM
they just want to sell you a couple of beers before calling it :gulp:

assrevolution
09-08-2008, 03:59 PM
I should have known there'd be drama when I was able to find bleacher tickets off whitesox.com a few weeks ago for the last half price monday game. For me a 2.5 hr rain delay always follows with the sox losing 11-2. Let's hope I get punished for not going to the game by an exciting Sox win (Vazquez no hitter). or maybe get to take a half day tomorrow!!!

thomas35forever
09-08-2008, 04:05 PM
My dad just called. Since we don't have tickets anyway, it's a no-go for tonight. Just call the game already.

BleacherBandit
09-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Seems to me if it's been raining this long, and since most storms come in from the southwest, then it should stop raining soon.

Gammons Peter
09-08-2008, 04:10 PM
My dad just called. Since we don't have tickets anyway, it's a no-go for tonight. Just call the game already.

wow theres a sentence that make no sense to anyone

your Dad called who? you or the Sox
He called because you dont have tickets?
The Sox said its a no-go or your Dad did?
Just call the game already...why because you dont have tickets? or because your Dad said its a no-go

hi im skot
09-08-2008, 04:12 PM

Just call the game already...why because you dont have tickets? or because your Dad said its a no-go

It wasn't a kittle42-esque post, but c'mon...you knew what he meant.
:happybday

UofCSoxFan
09-08-2008, 04:12 PM
I think a rainout would be very bad for the Sox. Most double headers are split and playing one would zap our pen and we have no off days the rest of the year. Couple that with the fact that it screws up our pitcher's rest days and I really hope they get it in...even if it doesn't start til 8 or 9 o'clock.

That is why they haven't canceled this yet.

Milw
09-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Sept. 22 is an offday.

Law11
09-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Cmon look at this radar.

There's no way they play this tonight.
That field is slick as hell.

Id rather play two than have someone slip and hyper extend a knee or some garbage.

Just call it.

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?num=6&delay=15&scale=1.00&noclutter=0&ID=LOT&type=N0R&lat=41.77518082&lon=-87.71279907&label=Chicago%2C+IL&showstorms=0&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0

assrevolution
09-08-2008, 04:28 PM
That radar's hitting us in as straight of a line as there is. My girlfriend's going to love missing tonight's game so she can watch the packers play. :puking:

Harry Potter
09-08-2008, 04:32 PM
http://www.maniacworld.com/i-like-turtles.jpg

I like turtles

JB98
Cmon look at this radar.

There's no way they play this tonight.
That field is slick as hell.

Id rather play two than have someone slip and hyper extend a knee or some garbage.

Just call it.

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?num=6&delay=15&scale=1.00&noclutter=0&ID=LOT&type=N0R&lat=41.77518082&lon=-87.71279907&label=Chicago%2C+IL&showstorms=0&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0

I agree. With the roster expansion, I'm not as concerned about taxing the bullpen. We have enough arms. I'm concerned about older players like Griffey and Dye playing in wet conditions.

sox102

what are you the grammar police? geez. better make sure i triple check my next post!

CHISOXFAN13
09-08-2008, 04:36 PM

LOL. Well-played.

I want to go, so I hope it stops raining, but maybe I should call TF35's dad first!

thomas35forever
09-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Alright, people are clearly confused. My dad called me, not the White Sox. He told me that the two of us would not be going. He did not say the game itself was called. I now return you to your anxious weather-watching.:wink:

turners56
09-08-2008, 04:41 PM
They're gonna call this game. Unless it stops raining completely, we're off tonight.

CHISOXFAN13
09-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Sept. 22 is an offday.

Smack dab in the middle of a road trip. No thanks. I'd rather they wait it out tonight or play two tomorrow.

Toronto is also in the middle of a homestand.

Milw
09-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Smack dab in the middle of a road trip. No thanks. I'd rather they wait it out tonight or play two tomorrow.

Toronto is also in the middle of a homestand.
Agreed. I was simply correcting the dude that said we don't have any more offdays.

CHISOXFAN13
09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Agreed. I was simply correcting the dude that said we don't have any more offdays.

:redface:

My bad. I guess I should have read the whole thread!

Lip Man 1
09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Or MLB could do the logical thing and not even play the game if it doesn't impact the divisional / pennant races.

If it has to be played it's played in Chicago the day after the regular season ends. Make those clowns fly back here to play the damn thing (which is what they should have made the Orioles do!)

Lip

CHISOXFAN13
09-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Or MLB could do the logical thing and not even play the game if it doesn't impact the divisional / pennant races.

If it has to be played it's played in Chicago the day after the regular season ends. Make those clowns fly back here to play the damn thing (which is what they should have made the Orioles do!)

Lip

That would be ideal! Then we skip Richard :)

sox1970
09-08-2008, 05:03 PM

Lip

Bad Idea Jeans.

So play Baltimore at the end. Play Toronto at the end. Then maybe play Minnesota to break a tie?

They need to play 2 tomorrow if they can't get it in tonight. I guess that would mean Javy would pitch on 3 days rest on Saturday, but he can do it. I'm just glad it's him scheduled to pitch today, and not Danks.

PorkChopExpress
09-08-2008, 05:08 PM
ESPN radio just said it was postponed.

tacosalbarojas
09-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Yep, to be played at 1 pm tomorrow.

CWSpalehoseCWS
09-08-2008, 05:10 PM
So the possiblities to get this game in are slim, right? I have tickets for tonights game and I'd hate to sit feeling as bad as I am for 2-3 hours before they decide what to do.

wsf4l
09-08-2008, 05:13 PM
So do we skip Clayton?

sox1970
09-08-2008, 05:15 PM
So do we skip Clayton?

They're playing two games tomorrow. So, no.

JB98
So do we skip Clayton?

No. Two games to be played tomorrow. Vazquez throws one. Richard throws the other.

PorkChopExpress
So the possiblities to get this game in are slim, right? I have tickets for tonights game and I'd hate to sit feeling as bad as I am for 2-3 hours before they decide what to do.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:R8heE_LfIwrJDM:http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_01/daysofnightDM_468x555.jpg (http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_01/daysofnightDM_468x555.jpg)
"No game."

hi im skot
09-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Glad I wasted my money.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll just hit up a game this week.

Harry Potter
09-08-2008, 05:17 PM

So naturally Joe Cowley will be posting that game will definitely be played tonite, eh Lip?

Chicken Dinner
09-08-2008, 05:22 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-080908-chicago-white-sox-toronto-bluejays-rain,0,7398492.story

Lip Man 1
09-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Sox 1970:

At the time of the incident the Orioles were making a return visit to Chicago to play the Cubs...they could have played the Sox as well. But that's not an issue as that game is over and done and lost...in Baltimore by the way.

More than likely this game isn't even an issue in the race and probably wouldn't be played anyway, the three games head to head in Minnesota will decide things so in my opinion the odds were small for your scenario.

But the Sox shouldn't have to try to run the gauntlet of the white hot Blue Jays with two games in a single day. To me that's more of a risk then having to play the Monday after the season ends.

Lip

DaBears
09-08-2008, 05:29 PM
"Tickets and parking for tonight's postponed game will be valid for Tuesday rescheduled game. Fans also may exchange those tickets for upper-level tickets to any of the White Sox's remaining home games this week, except Friday's game against the Tigers."

This aggravates me... I better be able to get better seats than Uppers (assuming they are available). I dont mind paying more, but give me a damn choice! I mean I would love to hit up the day game tomorrow, but I do have a thing some call a 'job' and I cant make it during the day

chisoxfanatic
09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
So, I take it this means that we won't be able to use our Sox BP passes for tomorrow???

First, they cancel the last one I was supposed to go to in August. Then, they give tomorrow as my only other option as a make-up.

Figures, and I'm damn pissed, because I was so looking forward to watching BP.

sox1970
09-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Sox 1970:

At the time of the incident the Orioles were making a return visit to Chicago to play the Cubs...they could have played the Sox as well. But that's not an issue as that game is over and done and lost...in Baltimore by the way.

More than likely this game isn't even an issue in the race and probably wouldn't be played anyway, the three games head to head in Minnesota will decide things so in my opinion the odds were small for your scenario.

But the Sox shouldn't have to try to run the gauntlet of the white hot Blue Jays with two games in a single day. To me that's more of a risk then having to play the Monday after the season ends.

Lip

I know the Orioles game was made up. They should have never started the game in the first place. It should have been played in full on that Monday in June before Orioles played the Cubs.

I don't know how you can predict what's going to happen at this point. Unless there is a sweep in Minnesota one way or the other, anything is a possibility, including a tie. They don't want to have teams coming in when their season is over to play a game that important.

UofCSoxFan
09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I know the Orioles game was made up. They should have never started the game in the first place. It should have been played in full on that Monday in June before Orioles played the Cubs.

I don't know how you can predict what's going to happen at this point. Unless there is a sweep in Minnesota one way or the other, anything is a possibility, including a tie. They don't want to have teams coming in when their season is over to play a game that important.

I rather play tomorrow than play a make up at the end of the year and then possibly having to follow that with a play in game with Minny.

Chances are we won't get to set up our playoff rotation anyway, but playing 1 or 2 games after the regular season would make that impossible.

I'm sure the Blue Jays have no interest in extending this season either if it could be avoided...which clearly it can.

Hopefully we split tomorrow and take the last two. This is very unfortunate but it is what it is.

Lip Man 1
09-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Well...those who wanted a DH Tuesday got their wish.

Lip