PDA

View Full Version : Hawk and DJ to call Tuesday's game from Fan Deck

thomas35forever
09-06-2008, 04:26 PM
It's in honor of Blackhawks night. Tres cool!:smile:
http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=68609

BleacherBandit
09-06-2008, 04:35 PM
That sounds fun. Kind of like what Harry used to do back in the 70's.

diehardRLsoxfan
09-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I can just hear it now......" That ball is going going....to land right in my beer!"

Ragator43
09-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Anyone know if it's been rented out for the night?

Parrothead
09-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Who cares?

People still listen to hawk and dj with Stone available on the radio?

I want Mags back
09-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Who cares?

ahh, duh, yea

skobabe8
09-06-2008, 09:34 PM

Im sitting next to Hawk and feeding him drinks all night long.

Dub25
09-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Im sitting next to Hawk and feeding him drinks all night long.

You better bring lots of Vodka!

chisoxmike
09-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Who cares?

Uh, yeah...

Seeing that the two aren't synced, it would be pretty annoying watching the game on TV and listening to it on radio.

chisoxfanatic
09-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Uh, yeah...

Seeing that the two aren't synced, it would be pretty annoying watching the game on TV and listening to it on radio.
Right on. And, I'm one of Hawks' biggest fans, so I'd never select the other option if he was broadcasting a game. I'm a homer as a fan and am damn proud of being a homer, and I love that he is a homer too.

It'll be great to see them setting up shop while watching the Sox take BP that day. I somehow sense an incredibly fun day at the ballpark on Tuesday.

whitesox901
09-07-2008, 02:15 AM
that sounds like a gaaaaaaaaaaaas

Nellie_Fox
09-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Who cares?

People still listen to hawk and dj with Stone available on the radio?Yes. Some of us still like the Hawkaroo.

hi im skot
09-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Yes. Some of us still like the Hawkaroo.

Ee-yesssss!

Jaysox
09-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Hawk is the man! Should be a fun game! I love the idea.

TheCommander
09-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Uh, yeah...

If you have a DVR,you can get it synced. :wink: Having said that,I like listening to Hawk but would prefer the best of both worlds-Hawk+Stoney. :bandance:

OldRomanPizza
09-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Since its Blackhawks Night, they should let Foley announce a half inning:

"here's the pitch, its clearned out to center...AND A CATCH by the centerfielder...now Pierzynski is tagging the race is on...He slides HE SCOOOOORES! AJ PIERZYNSKI!!"

soxinem1
09-07-2008, 12:39 PM
That sounds fun. Kind of like what Harry used to do back in the 70's.

That is exactly what I thought!!! They should start a new tradition!!!

Lip Man 1
09-07-2008, 01:27 PM
It was always a blast sitting out in the old center field bleachers listening to Harry on Wednesday afternoons.

In this story, look for the link from August 23, 1972. It was his most famous moment sitting out there. I was about ten feet away from him when it happened:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=14&id=2361

Lip

TDog
09-07-2008, 02:11 PM
It was always a blast sitting out in the old center field bleachers listening to Harry on Wednesday afternoons.

In this story, look for the link from August 23, 1972. It was his most famous moment sitting out there. I was about ten feet away from him when it happened:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=14&id=2361

Lip

The Wednesday afternoons were in 1972, as season when the Sox were promoting regular day baseball. They even had a season-ticket plan that covered just Wednesdays at home, which were all day games. I'm guessing Harry Caray probably didn't start going out to do the games there until it got warm, but his routine was a huge deal for Sox fans. I was at the August 16 game, a week before the Allen home run into the bleachers. The pregame shows had Had Caray standing with usshers behind a railing and asking fans in the crowd questions. He asked me if the Sox would win the division. (At the time, they were just a game behind Oakland.) I was standing at the base of the scoreboard with my little brother when Alvarado hit his inside-the-park home run.

People talk about 1977, but with Dick Allen and Wilbur Wood and those wild games against the A's, I had more fun in 1972.

chisoxfanatic
09-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Since its Blackhawks Night, they should let Foley announce a half inning:

"here's the pitch, its clearned out to center...AND A CATCH by the centerfielder...now Pierzynski is tagging the race is on...He slides HE SCOOOOORES! AJ PIERZYNSKI!!"
Hahaha! I'd love for Eddie O to get the call for a half inning too!

"Jermaine Dye with a perfect bunt to get the runners to advance, and he's safe as well. Scott Rolen did not think that was staying fair. Let's look at the replay. Dye bunts the ball..and STOP IT RIGHT THERE!!! It lands merely inches from the third base line and stays in fair territory!" :tongue:

They really should have Frank Pellico play the organ as well and Patrick Blackwell do the national anthem WITH THE ENTIRE CROWD ON THEIR FEET CHEERING DURING THE ENTIRE ANTHEM!!! The national anthem is done up the best at Blackhawks games. It sends chills down my spine every single time.

esbrechtel
09-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Who else is going to be wearing their Blackhawks sweaters?

chisoxfanatic
09-08-2008, 10:50 AM
I'll be coming in my red authentic autographed Patrick Kane sweater and will wear my Sox earrings and a Sox hat. My friend who sits next to me will be coming in one as well.

KenBerryGrab
09-08-2008, 12:46 PM
people talk about 1977, but with dick allen and wilbur wood and those wild games against the a's, i had more fun in 1972.

Oakland Who?

skottyj242
09-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Who cares?

My tv is slower than radio.

skottyj242
09-08-2008, 01:05 PM

White authentic Stu Grimson.

doublem23
09-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Who cares?

If you can find a way to mute Farmer, I'd listen to the radio a lot more.

Milw
09-08-2008, 01:31 PM
This is cool and all, but ... I'm not sure I really get what it has to do with the Blackhawks? :?:

Anyway, the Blackhawks are dead to me. Totally classless of them to sign a marketing deal with us and then spin around and agree to play at Wrigley. If they want to associate with the Cubs, then fine, but I don't want anything to do with them then.

chisoxfanatic
09-08-2008, 01:38 PM
This is cool and all, but ... I'm not sure I really get what it has to do with the Blackhawks? :?:

Tomorrow night is Blackhawks Night at Comiskey Park.

areilly
09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Anyway, the Blackhawks are dead to me. Totally classless of them to sign a marketing deal with us and then spin around and agree to play at Wrigley. If they want to associate with the Cubs, then fine, but I don't want anything to do with them then.

I believe that was the NHL's decision, not the Hawks'.

Milw
09-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Tomorrow night is Blackhawks Night at Comiskey Park.
Yes smartass, I got that. But why do this "in honor of Blackhawks Night," as opposed to Latin Music Night, or Elvis Night, or any of the dozen other "nights" the Sox have in a season?

In other words, unless I'm missing some connection the Blackhawks have to the Fan Deck, this is just two unrelated promotions that happen to be occurring on the same night.

btrain929
09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Yes smartass, I got that. But why do this "in honor of Blackhawks Night," as opposed to Latin Music Night, or Elvis Night, or any of the dozen other "nights" the Sox have in a season?

In other words, unless I'm missing some connection the Blackhawks have to the Fan Deck, this is just two unrelated promotions that happen to be occurring on the same night.

I get what you're saying. How come they are doing it in the Fan Deck as supposed to the Fundamentals Deck or the Bullpen Sports Bar? What's the connection between the Blackhawks and the Fan Deck?

chisoxfanatic
09-08-2008, 02:07 PM
I get what you're saying. How come they are doing it in the Fan Deck as supposed to the Fundamentals Deck or the Bullpen Sports Bar? What's the connection between the Blackhawks and the Fan Deck?
Unlike the Fundamentals Deck and Bullpen Sports Bar, the Fan Deck is accessible by all fans. And, the Fan Deck kicks ass like the Blackhawks kick ass, so there you have your answer.

DumpJerry
09-08-2008, 02:27 PM

Yes. It is rented.

I asked my Detroit buddy if he had a Red Wings' sweater I could borrow, but then told him told it might come back with my blood and knife cuts all over it.

1. The game at Wrigley has nothing to do with the Cubs.
2. The Sox did not want it at Comiskey-too much potential for damage to the outfield. Ever since the Rolling Stones' concert there (which resulted in permanent damage according to The Sodfather), they have been extremely reluctant to allow non-baseball events there. This is why they are saying no to Cub games there if Wrigley is shut down for a year.

Unlike the Fundamentals Deck and Bullpen Sports Bar, the Fan Deck is accessible by all fans. And, the Fan Deck kicks ass like the Blackhawks kick ass, so there you have your answer.
Not at most games after April. After the cold month of April, it is usually rented out. It is also inaccessible to fans with a 500 level ticket that will not allow for 100 level access (non season ticket holder tickets).

whitesoxwilkes
09-08-2008, 03:34 PM

Not me.:redneck

chisoxfanatic
09-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Not me.:redneck
Hmmm, lemme guess...A Dave Andreychuk old Buffalo sweater just in protest or to be different?

Jerko
09-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Hmmm, lemme guess...A Dave Andreychuk old Buffalo sweater just in protest or to be different?

Nah, wilkes strikes me more as a "Mike Foligno" helmet kind of guy. I hated that friggin white stripe that went all the way across the back. Love those unis though; I hope (and hear) those are their "thirds" this year.

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/CardImages/Cards/014/670/04F.jpg

doublem23
09-08-2008, 04:29 PM

Wilkes doesn't strike me as the "sweater in summer" type.

pdimas
09-08-2008, 06:10 PM
i'll be wearing my red Hawks jersey as will my dad, nephew and my girlfriend. We bought extra tickets in the Hawks group section for tomorrows game (they were offering them to Hawks season ticket holders). Included with our tix were Hawks night at the Cell t-shirts and I guess they are going to have hawks related auctions and prizes all night.

turners56
09-08-2008, 06:41 PM
So are they going to call the day portion of the DH from there too?

Brian26
09-08-2008, 07:43 PM

:rolling:

chisoxmike
09-08-2008, 07:46 PM

Nope.

Also, why is there a fireworks show after the game? Seems completely unnecessary.

chisoxfanatic
09-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Nope.

Also, why is there a fireworks show after the game? Seems completely unnecessary.
The Blackhawks were originally going to have their firework presentation on the 23rd of August until Fox picked up on that game, so they're making it up now so that they can still do their firework presentation.

I'd imagine we'll be hearing a bunch of stuff they play at Hawks games during that firework display like Here Come the Hawks, Johnny B Goode, Sharp Dressed Man, and Rock You Like a Hurricane. It would be awesome for Frank Pellico to make a cameo appearance too!

DSpivack
09-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Will Hawk be in a Hawks jersey? Too bad AJ Hawk isn't on the Blackhawks.

Frankfan4life
09-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Who cares?

People still listen to hawk and dj with Stone available on the radio?Some of us are unable to get 670 on the radio because of where we live.

As for broadcasting from the fan deck, I think it's a great idea. They should make it a regular event, maybe like once a month.

areilly
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
As for broadcasting from the fan deck, I think it's a great idea. They should make it a regular event, maybe like once a month.

I suspect too many people would take advantage of yelling how much they think Hawk sucks and knowing he'll hear it.

BleacherBandit
09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Will Hawk be in a Hawks jersey? Too bad AJ Hawk isn't on the Blackhawks.

He'd be the largest hockey player ever!

He'd probably have the most tatoos too.

I don't think Hawk likes hawkee...He's from the south.

chisoxfanatic
09-08-2008, 09:33 PM
I don't think Hawk likes hawkee...He's from the south.
The more reason to get rid of all NHL teams south of St. Louis not in Dallas.

whitesoxwilkes
09-08-2008, 10:28 PM

I'm actually not going tomorrow. But I will be rocking the blue Sabres throwback when I see them thrash the Hawks in person in January!

chisoxfanatic
09-08-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm actually not going tomorrow. But I will be rocking the blue Sabres throwback when I see them thrash the Hawks in person in January!
We'll see what Brian Campbell and Jonathan Toews have to say about that. :tongue:

Those throwbacks are one of the top sweaters in the history of the game. I wore a white one (no number on the back) to a game there at HSBC Arena a couple years back. It was my boyfriend's when he was like 12. It's awesome how the Buffalo area still embraces Patrick Kane!

CHISOXFAN13
09-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Amazing where this thread has gone when it has NOTHING to do with Blackhawks night.

DSpivack
09-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Amazing where this thread has gone when it has NOTHING to do with Blackhawks night.

How about some Hawks joining Hawk calling the game. Sure, we'd like Pat Foley, but it'd be pretty entertaining to me to hear half-drunk Canadians attempt to call a baseball game.

DumpJerry
09-08-2008, 11:12 PM

To celebrate how close they came to making the "virtually everyone gets in" NHL playoffs last year.

Or maybe to celebrate all the free tickets they gave away at the end of the season to fill up the UC?

I suspect too many people would take advantage of yelling how much they think Hawk sucks and knowing he'll hear it.

There will not be any Sox fans up there. Just production staff and their friends.

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2008, 12:04 AM
How about some Hawks joining Hawk calling the game. Sure, we'd like Pat Foley, but it'd be pretty entertaining to me to hear half-drunk Canadians attempt to call a baseball game.
I love him, and he's my favorite current athlete; but, whatever they do, they better not have Brent Seabrook go anywhere near that microphone. They did an improv with Seabs and Adam Burish at Blackhawks Convention, and, while Burish was rolling along with it, Seabs had some major problems even thinking of anything. It took him until the last "round" before he was able to come up with anything. They should have Burish, Toews, Wiz, and Sharpie if they were to roll with your idea, which is excellent, by the way!
To celebrate how close they came to making the "virtually everyone gets in" NHL playoffs last year.
The NBA has exactly as many teams who make the playoffs, so what's your point?

Nellie_Fox
09-09-2008, 12:53 AM
He'd be the largest hockey player ever!He wouldn't even be the biggest Blackhawk ever.

A.J. Hawk (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HawkA.20.htm), 6'1", 245

Stu Grimson (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2041), 6'5", 230.

Then there are NHL players other than Blackhawks Steve McKenna (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2041), 6'8", 255, and Zdeno Chara (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=28487), 6'9", 260.

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2008, 01:14 AM
He wouldn't even be the biggest Blackhawk ever.

A.J. Hawk (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HawkA.20.htm), 6'1", 245

Stu Grimson (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2041), 6'5", 230.

Then there are NHL players other than Blackhawks Steve McKenna (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2041), 6'8", 255, and Zdeno Chara (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=28487), 6'9", 260.
Yep, and don't forget a recent Blackhawk David Koci, who is 6'6", 238 lbs. I remember his fight with Chara (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3_ghTTQefI) last year very well. Koci had him in a stranglehold for a while, and then Chara landed at least 10 good punches on him until Koci's entire forehead, nose, and cheeks were bloody, re-opening his wound from his fight with Wade Belak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAWR0KdpXvk) in Toronto. I didn't expect it to be so one-sided considering Chara wasn't THAT much bigger than Koci.