PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Who Needs TCQ When You Have Juan? 10-2 Sox Win

kevingrt
09-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Nice and easy versus a young starter. What! Oh yeah we faced him once before.

What a fun game.

Madvora
09-05-2008, 10:07 PM
It seems like we've only had about 1 or 2 of these all year.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-05-2008, 10:09 PM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3410/whitesoxwinmv1.png
Well, I guess he did ok. Quentin would have gotten 3, 3 run homers. :rolleyes: Imagine next year if we start out the year with everyone at their very best? ... watch out, if we get a WS this year we might be looking at 2 in a row! @_@ It'd be nice to have Quentin... all I care is that he can help out in the playoffs.

BleacherBandit
09-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Uribe was looking like Manny with those bat flips he has perfected up to this point.

Jaysox
09-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Who was the lucky fella with the bubblegum stuck to the top of his hat? I enjoyed that. :D:

KyWhiSoxFan
09-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Give props to Buehrle. He delivered against a great team. I have said often the last week or so that for the Sox to win the division, MB and Javy have to come up big and throw a bunch of quality starts. So far, so good. They both have stepped up their last starts.

jabrch
09-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Glad to see the team play well.

DickAllen72
09-05-2008, 10:19 PM
This is why it was smart for KW to sign Juan and keep him around. He's earning every cent of his contract.

chisoxfan4life
09-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Let's hope they can repeat this performance the rest of the weekend. Good to see Juan and Pauly heating up, they are the kind of guys we can ride for a few weeks once they get hot. Also kudos to Mark, he needs to do this each and every time he takes the mound this September.

Gammons Peter
09-05-2008, 10:22 PM
lets hope Thome is okay, he looked a little gimpy

Sockinchisox
09-05-2008, 10:30 PM
I was there, it was fun!

I could just Juan going up to Carlos after those two homers and going "Who needs you when you have Oooh-Oooh-Uribe!" Or something like that.

kruzer31
09-05-2008, 10:32 PM
The boars are very slow when there is nothing to complain about. Solid win. Too bad MIN won but they are at home. We need to take this series.

J

PicktoCLick72
09-05-2008, 10:38 PM
It seems like the first time we won when the Twinss won. Keep up the good vibes. Let's go Gavin.

Lundind1
09-05-2008, 10:39 PM
I have to think that this was a controlled rage from this ballclub. It is the sharpest I have seen them in a while. I don't know about anyone else, but the pitching allowed only 2 runs tonight....which is good enough to win a high percentage of games. It was not just the lumber that carried this team to victory, it was a solid pitching performance.

Great to see Linie pitch tonight. He looked a bit rusty, but that is to be expected from a 1-1/2 month layoff.

With all the questions that the reporters hurled at the players before the game when the clubhouse was open, the #1 thing had to be CQ. This fire, this rage, is something that can only mean one thing, that is a division crown.

Tomorrow is another game. Win the series and prove that this was not a fluke, but a ballclub on a mission from Ozzie.

esbrechtel
09-05-2008, 10:48 PM
This was a very big win, It was a great start on the homestand and they have to do well while at home because I really fear the road trip to come :(:

Zisk77
09-05-2008, 11:00 PM
DFA Konerko now!

Tragg
09-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Dye in the 3 hole is a nice move - I think he'll excel there and help other hitters.

Vernam
09-05-2008, 11:05 PM
This is a team that seems to need a rallying point, and today they got a big one. I think we'll score what should be enough runs. If the pitching holds up . . .

That was a game we really needed, kind of like Wednesday's. Kind of like all of them, I suppose.

Man, those guys were making some bad swings on Buehrle.

Vernam

Konerko05
09-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Great all around victory tonight.

Buehrle continues to look like a completely different pitcher at home. He had really good stuff.

Konerko is swinging the bat very well. He is going to be a huge part of this team's World Series quest.

I would have given Carasco another day off. He has been overworked the last couple weeks. Why not Russell for the 7th?

Overall, it was just nice to see the team come together after losing Quentin. Hopefully they can keep it in this gear for the rest of the season.

voodoochile
09-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Cabrera up to .277. Dye with 3 more hits. PK up to .245 ( :o: ) another HR and another double.

If losing TCQ was the beginning of the end, the rest of the team didn't eget the message or if they did read or hear some grumblings, they certainly decided not to go quietly...

Do not go gentle into that good night
Rage, rage against the dying of the light...

:winner

:supernana: :bandance:

:)

:moonwalk:

EuroSox35
09-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Nice win, easy, as expected though (with their pitching situation). Would be nice to take 2 out of 3, very possible to at least get that

Cuck the Fubs
09-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Who needs TCQ when you get solid pitching.

Carlos is a beast without question, but my humble opinion is the recent resurgence of one Paul Konerko eases the blow of losing one Carlos Quentin.

I don't think any of us should be overly concerned with lack of offense....as long as our pitching comes through we're in.

soxfanreggie
09-05-2008, 11:25 PM
We want TCQ! I like how Juan has stepped up as of late, but it would really help us to have TCQ.

Hagan
09-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Well hes hurt. And that's life! Sox have been overcoming adversity all year. Key injuries to Thome, Paulie, Linebrink...

This team will fight. They aren't the best team we've seen but they will fight. Even if at times they don't hit or they don't pitch or field....they will fight..

Big hit by Griffey! Seems to be overlooked!

rustysurf83
09-05-2008, 11:54 PM
This is purposely not teal....
I would rather have Uribe at 3rd than Joe Crede.
....I cannot imagine saying that before mid season but Juan has produced when Joe could barely manage a hit in rehab starts. Maybe this will lower the price on Joe for the offseason (although I doubt it with dick **** as his agent); if not Beckham needs to start playing third immediately and Fields is DH/Trade bait. Alexei is obviously the SS of the future with Getz at second and we cant' let Gordon go so....he needs a new position.
And back on topic...Good win lets keep going, get to the playoffs and see what happens CQ or not.

hi im skot
09-06-2008, 12:15 AM
That was nice. Juan Uribe is king of America.

Still, it was stomach-churning to see TCQ on the bench in a cast.

Win the series tomorrow.

Nellie_Fox
09-06-2008, 12:27 AM
...my humble opinion is the recent resurgence of one Paul Konerko eases the blow of losing one Carlos Quentin.Thank you Chet Coppock.

hawkjt
09-06-2008, 12:41 AM
That was nice. Juan Uribe is king of America.

Still, it was stomach-churning to see TCQ on the bench in a cast.

Win the series tomorrow.

Good win to ease the mourning.
Junior came up big early and that helped ease the pressure.
MB was back in the groove tonite. I think that extra day helps him.
I feel so badly for Carlos ...you know he feels horrible. He is a class act and now he is going to get the ''tsk,tsk'' treatment all over the tube.
I know he is probably the most intelligent guy on this whole team so he does not need to be told anything. His intensity just came back to bite him. He will learn from this. Thanks for the wonderfull season,Carlos. Still love ya,man.

Rockabilly
09-06-2008, 01:08 AM
great victory tonight

get well soon Carlos

johnnyg83
09-06-2008, 01:59 AM
uribe hasn't hit 240+ since ....

since...

since...

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2008, 02:29 AM
The boars are very slow when there is nothing to complain about. Solid win. Too bad MIN won but they are at home. We need to take this series.

J
Twins fans who were at their game had to be kicking themselves seeing the score to our game on their out of town scoreboard. "Those White Sox won AGAIN!" :smile:

As long as we continue to win, it won't matter what the Twins do. We have 2 fewer losses.

HUGE game by Uribe, maybe the best game in his career! His defense has been great as well! Always a nice night to be at the ballpark!

guillensdisciple
09-06-2008, 03:33 AM
We can't get ahead of ourselves but this was a nice win non the less. The sox are a 8 game winning streak from winning the division, perhaps this is the beginning, I don't expect it to be easy but I expect great things. We will overcome our challenges and prove everyone wrong; well that is how we should look at it.

Jurr
09-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Say what you want to about the guy, but Juan is as much a leader and a part of the recent past success of the Sox as anybody. It's great to see him thrive at the right time. Go back and watch your playoff/WS DVD's. Juan was all over the place. Though people love to give all the credit to Pods, Konerko, etc., Juan Uribe had his hand on that trophy, as well.

...and now he's back. He's been exiled to the bench, moved to a new position, and now he is thriving. I love it.

WSox597
09-06-2008, 06:03 AM
Say what you want to about the guy, but Juan is as much a leader and a part of the recent past success of the Sox as anybody. It's great to see him thrive at the right time. Go back and watch your playoff/WS DVD's. Juan was all over the place. Though people love to give all the credit to Pods, Konerko, etc., Juan Uribe had his hand on that trophy, as well.

...and now he's back. He's been exiled to the bench, moved to a new position, and now he is thriving. I love it.

You're right. I was one of those questioning his signing back when it happened. I'm glad it worked out. Juan is playing very well, no doubt about it.

Keep it up, guys!

Oldfellah
09-06-2008, 09:37 AM
wow,, third page after a win... Did all those Dark Clouds leave when they found out TCQ is done for the season.
Great game all around. Nice and easy!!!

btrain929
09-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Great game to be at overall. Also got to meet a few of you guys before the game, which was awesome. Hopefully get to meet a few more of you guys before the season ends.

:gulp: