PDA

View Full Version : Sox Related Poll(?)/ESPN Crap

Unregistered
05-14-2002, 06:28 PM
This poll on the MLB front page of the ESPN site (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/index) is pretty funny in that it rips on the Cubs pretty bad, but i'm curious:
http://espn.go.com/poll/images/poll14712_0.gif
does that "not the worst team in town" suggest that the sox are worse than the cubs? thats not even a valid OPINION, let alone something that would make a poll... i assuming they're referring to the bulls being worse than the cubs...

by the way, ESPN knocked us down to #10 on their "power alley". their comment was: All we can say is terrible. 19-0 loss to the Angels. That just shouldn't happen.

FanOf14
05-14-2002, 08:03 PM
I hope it was the Bulls they were referring to...they should have been a little clearer than just "not the worst team in town." Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls aren't who they are referring to...

KruseControl04
05-14-2002, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they were refering to the White Sox as being the worst team in Chicago. I hate all these damned people who never give the Sox credit for anything. We'll see what ESPN says when the Sox win the World Series this year.

Garrison
05-14-2002, 11:08 PM
Sox winning the WS wouldn't make front-page on ESPN because we have no respect from anyone. The Sox have got to be the most underrated/unknown team in the MLB. For a team stacked with talented players, we are not respected at all. I was winning my fantasy league with Buehrle putting up my big numbers and someone e-mailed me and asked who Buehrle was. Ugh! Drives me crazy sometimes! I love ESPN, but where do they get of saying we are worse than the Cubs?

CLR01
05-14-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
I love ESPN, but where do they get of saying we are worse than the Cubs?

Where did it say the sox were worse than the cubs??? It said worst TEAM not baseball team. Last i checked, there were a few different teams in chicago.

raul12
05-14-2002, 11:13 PM
as much as i hate ESPN, the scrub-bune, sun times, etc., we don't deserve any respect until we win the whole damn thing. we haven't done that for a long long time. we haven't even gotten to the big dance since 1959. until we do, don't complain about respect.

BackInBlack
05-14-2002, 11:14 PM
Oh, please... you guys are paranoid if you think "the worst team in town" implies the White Sox.

"As if!"

Chisox_cali
05-14-2002, 11:14 PM
I did like their comment on the Cubs in the power poll:

13-23 What did you expect? They're the Cubs!

:gulp:

whitesoxprincess
05-14-2002, 11:30 PM
well that little slice of crap ticked me off in the worst way!!

MarqSox
05-15-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxprincess
well that little slice of crap ticked me off in the worst way!!

Man some of you guys are IMPOSSIBLE to please ... the frickin thing mocked the Cubs mercilessly! What do you want, one of the options to say "The White Sox are gods" ???

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-15-2002, 03:58 PM
on sportcenter last night they made clear it was the bulls, showing clips of the bulls when they said this choice.

my fav is the "high six" from alfonseca, i just find that funny

No-Neck
05-15-2002, 04:03 PM
I'm the last guy to stick up for any major media outlet, since they all pretty much stink, but last night's (Tuesday's) Baseball Tonight was very much positive for the White Sox.

They broke into the game twice: once to show Graff's second homer, then broke in again to show the black cat with white socks (paws) and during their recap they alluded to the fact that Maggs has a bad back and the Bosox chump said Maggs "was one of the best players in the AL".

And they said Buerhle will be, if not already, one of the best lefties in either league. I almost fell off my chair.

My wife said it's a shame that you have to watch a national program to get praise for a local team, since all the Chicago media does is tear us up on the network news.

And I'm not a huge ESPN fan at all. :cool: