PDA

View Full Version : Friday's game

WhiteSoxAl
09-04-2008, 07:25 PM
When I heard that White Sox pitching nemesis Jared Weaver cut his finger and will not start Friday against Buehrle, I felt that maybe the breaks are going to go our way. I saw him shutout he Sox at the Cell in May and felt that we were going to get off on the wrong foot in the upcoming 10 game home stand. Maybe I am putting too much emphasis on Friday's game but if we let a AAA pitcher named Dustin Mosely with a 7.15 ERA beat Buehrle , it will not bode well. Let's not look this gift horse in the mouth and start this most important home stand of the year on a good note

Oldfellah
09-04-2008, 10:55 PM
I think our 2nd wind just started. Paulie is getting hot! Keep the faith!!

LoveYourSuit
09-04-2008, 11:03 PM
I have a good feeling about this series by missing both Santana and Weaver.

guillensdisciple
09-04-2008, 11:11 PM
We just have to be cautious. As Hawk said in a recent game, it seems that eveery time the Sox are set up with a situation to beat a team because they got to miss their starter, they fall flat. I don't want to be pessimistic but I don't want to be overly optimistic because I have been this year and then had the Sox disappoint me.

Take note in the last game of the Baltimore Series when the Sox played a no name with a 7 something era.

BRDSR
09-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Maybe I am putting too much emphasis on Friday's game but if we let a AAA pitcher named Dustin Mosely with a 7.15 ERA beat Buehrle , it will not bode well.

If I've never heard of the opposing starting pitcher, it's virtually a guaranteed loss.

That said, I think the Sox' problems with unknown pitchers is primarily psychological. Hopefully they'll step it up and take this gift 1.5 game lead and turn it into a 4-5 game lead that will be tough for the Twins to overcome before the series in Minnesota.

EuroSox35
09-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Dejavu, didn't I just see this thread earlier today? Anyways, I think the offense will be fine in scoring at least 4, my worry is the pitching holding up. Not really worried (since Mark's splits are much better at home), but if there'd be a loss, I'd guess that'd be the culprit.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-05-2008, 08:05 AM
This is the start of a huge homestand for the Sox. These are the equivalent of playoff games. If the Sox can win a series against the Angels, it says a lot, just as it says a lot if they can't win the series. If they want to win the division, they absolutely must continue to compile a great home record, especially with the Twins at home against a couple of weak teams for six games.

Law11
09-05-2008, 08:51 AM
This is the start of a huge homestand for the Sox. These are the equivalent of playoff games. If the Sox can win a series against the Angels, it says a lot, just as it says a lot if they can't win the series. If they want to win the division, they absolutely must continue to compile a great home record, especially with the Twins at home against a couple of weak teams for six games.

agreed and considering its basically the last home stand we need to get out there to give these guys a lift. This is the stretch run we've been waiting for all year lets make it count!

beasly213
09-05-2008, 09:48 AM
I'll be there tonight cheering them on to victory. Let's hope for a nice 7-0 win.

:D:

guillensdisciple
09-05-2008, 10:25 AM

I don't think it says a lot, the Angels aren't exactly throwing quality out there and we don't know how desperate they are for wins. They have a huge lead, their magic number is 6-- I think they can withstand losing a few games before they clinch.

Have to admit though, it would be a huge series in terms of momentum.

twentywontowin
09-05-2008, 10:56 AM
http://www.avatarist.com/avatars/Movies/The-Breakfast-Club/Andrew-from-The-Breakfast-Club.jpg

"Andrew, you've got to be number one! I won't tolerate any losers in this family. Your intensity is for ****! WIN! WIN! WIN!"

PorkChopExpress
09-05-2008, 11:18 AM
If I've never heard of the opposing starting pitcher, it's virtually a guaranteed loss.

That said, I think the Sox' problems with unknown pitchers is primarily psychological. Hopefully they'll step it up and take this gift 1.5 game lead and turn it into a 4-5 game lead that will be tough for the Twins to overcome before the series in Minnesota.

Moseley isn't exactly an unknown.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20070916&content_id=2211833&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Thome may be happy to see him again.

XOS THW
09-05-2008, 02:21 PM
I'll be there tonight cheering them on to victory. Let's hope for a nice 7-0 win.

:D:

Sounds good! I'll be there too.