PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Getting Busch-whacked!

Viva Magglio
05-14-2002, 03:59 PM
:) :) :) :) :)

Let's just hope MacPhail doesn't hire Tom Kelly.

Chisox353014
05-14-2002, 04:10 PM
Hey it's not over yet. The Flubs are capable of putting up a 9-spot to tie it. Especially with Bellhorn, Machado and Augie Doggie coming up in the 9th!

:carter
"The rally haps, rally hats are in full fledge!"

cheeses_h_rice
05-14-2002, 04:21 PM
Anyone here thinking that if the Sox can put together a solid homestand that they very well might pick up some more of the "casual" fans this summer and get some butts in the seats?

This city is the Sox's for taking. Even Sham-ME's home runs won't interest anyone as this team sinks to the cellar of the entire league.

Chisox353014
05-14-2002, 04:59 PM
Awww...Cubs rally falls just short, Cards win 11-2. Juan "baby Pedro" Cruz improves his mark to 0-7 on the season. Moises Ow-lou now hitting a robust .164. I wonder if, as the Cubs' preseason newspaper ads were trumpeting, the forecast is still for 90+ wins on the north side this year?

Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Anyone here thinking that if the Sox can put together a solid homestand that they very well might pick up some more of the "casual" fans this summer and get some butts in the seats? This city is the Sox's for taking.

If the Sox can't win the city over now, with that miserable bunch of losers playing in the Urinal, I don't know when they ever will. Although I'm sure that the Chicago media will put on a Mark Prior blitz pretty soon to try to defuse any Sox momentum.

Even Sham-ME's home runs won't interest anyone as this team sinks to the cellar of the entire league.
:moron
"I'll still be interested. Come on, you mean to tell me you haven't already marked off August 6-8 on your calender? Sosa vs. Bonds: Episode 2 at Pac Bell? Now that is what baseball is all about!"

raul12
05-14-2002, 05:14 PM
i hope that we'd be able to start winning fans over, but don't forget--the media focused on the oakland and anaheim debacles pretty hard, and i'm sure the casual fan when asked, "what recent games come to mind when you think of the sox?" and they'll pick out the 16-0, 19-0 massacres.