ago that Weaver has a cut on a finger or two on his right
hand and will not pitch this weekend so the Sox will get
Dustin Moseley instead...

sox1970
09-03-2008, 07:36 PM
:bandance:

PicktoCLick72
09-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Mosely goes 8 innings of 1 run ball with 10 K's.

I hope this statement can stay in teal.

WhiteSoxOnly
09-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Yeah,that would be how i feel to...as Harry Caray used to
say:"we SHOULD be able to beat this other guy" :D:

kjhanson
09-03-2008, 07:40 PM
He's having a very average year, but he's 3-0 lifetime at the Cell with a 0.46 ERA.

Moseley is 0-1 with an infinite ERA. (2 batters faced)

BigP50
09-03-2008, 08:35 PM
He's having a very average year, but he's 3-0 lifetime at the Cell with a 0.46 ERA.

:o:

turners56
09-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Weaver has owned us in his career. Glad he's not going to pitch. :D:

chisoxfanatic
09-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Wonderful! Hopefully we see a GOOD Mark Buehrle.

delben91
09-03-2008, 10:05 PM
"Well, I wouldn't say I'm 'missing' it, Bob."

TDog
09-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Weaver has 15 shutout innings against the Sox this year. Quentin has looked particularly bad against him. I was looking for the Sox to break through against him Friday, but I'm not sorry the Sox apparently will miss him.

sox1970
09-03-2008, 10:48 PM
This is absolutely huge. Weaver has dominated the Sox, and the Sox desperately need to win the first game of the series. They can't keep losing the first game, and digging themselves in a hole. Friday's game is large.

LoveYourSuit
09-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Very good news.

Chez
09-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Any way we can get Lackey to cut his hand too? :D:

pczarapa
09-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Don't know if anyone mentioned this in any other threads
yet,but i heard on the Angels radio broadcast about an hour

Nice!

Foulke You
09-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Very good day for the Sox. We beat the Tribe, Twins lose, and now we find out we don't face Weaver! I've seen every start that Weaver has made against us and he just owns us. For the life of me, I don't understand why our team can't hit him. It's not that he is a bad pitcher it is just that he is average to above average against all other teams but we make him look like Sandy Koufax. He is probably pretty disappointed that he'll miss a start against us. We've also hit Lackey pretty well in the past. This could end up being a huge break for us to win this series. *crosses fingers and hopes rookie Angel pitcher doesn't dazzle us*:tongue:

whitesoxfan
09-04-2008, 01:54 AM
That's absolutely huge. Weaver just owns us so to miss him would be huge...like I just said.

What a day. :bandance:

delben91
09-04-2008, 06:00 AM
Very good day for the Sox. We beat the Tribe, Twins lose, and now we find out we don't face Weaver! I've seen every start that Weaver has made against us and he just owns us. For the life of me, I don't understand why our team can't hit him. It's not that he is a bad pitcher it is just that he is average to above average against all other teams but we make him look like Sandy Koufax. He is probably pretty disappointed that he'll miss a start against us. We've also hit Lackey pretty well in the past. This could end up being a huge break for us to win this series. *crosses fingers and hopes rookie Angel pitcher doesn't dazzle us*:tongue:

Jeff Weaver is like a latter-day Joe Mays.

PeteWard
09-04-2008, 06:02 AM
I also hope the Angels go back into that letdown, huge lead mode they got into a couple weeks ago-- including the first two against the Twins before Sciosia got on them. After the Sox ,they go home to play NY before driving toward the clincher against the west teams. So I am hoping the Sox catch them relaxing--in a kind of an in between mood.

It is vital the Sox take at least two. Unless of course the Twins screw up against Detroit.:smile:

The Immigrant
09-04-2008, 09:25 AM

Outstanding.

XplodingScorbord
09-04-2008, 11:53 AM
I believe this Moseley guy is the one who gave up Thome's 500th.

WhiteSoxAl
09-04-2008, 03:19 PM
I may be a bit over-dramatic here but I do think the baseball gods are doing us a favor on Friday and we must take full advantage. Jared Weaver has been a curse to us lately. I attended a game this past May at the Cell and so him dominate and shut us out. I know how important it is to jump-start the 3 game series against the Angels as well as the 10 game home stand . I felt with Weaver starting it did not look good until I read the below and how Weaver "cut his finger in the dugout".

Moseley, summoned from Triple-A Salt Lake on Tuesday with roster expansions, is 1-3 with a 7.15 ERA in eight appearances with the Angels, six as a starter. He began the season as the fifth starter with John Lackey on the disabled list.

We now have Beuhrle against this piece of "cow dung" and if we do not take full advantage we could just be doomed for mocking "those baseball gods"

hi im skot
09-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I may be a bit over-dramatic here but I do think the baseball gods are doing us a favor on Friday and we must take full advantage. Jared Weaver has been a curse to us lately. I attended a game this past May at the Cell and so him dominate and shut us out. I know how important it is to jump-start the 3 game series against the Angels as well as the 10 game home stand . I felt with Weaver starting it did not look good until I read the below and how Weaver "cut his finger in the dugout".

Moseley, summoned from Triple-A Salt Lake on Tuesday with roster expansions, is 1-3 with a 7.15 ERA in eight appearances with the Angels, six as a starter. He began the season as the fifth starter with John Lackey on the disabled list.

We now have Beuhrle against this piece of "cow dung" and if we do not take full advantage we could just be doomed for mocking "those baseball gods"

Cow dung? Really?

dllrbll7
09-04-2008, 03:21 PM

Didn't we just have a game against a pitcher making his first start ever and that didnt turn out so well??

chisoxmike
09-04-2008, 03:23 PM
These are usually the games the Sox fall apart in. It really wouldn't surprise me if this kid threw his first career shutout or complete game.

Chez
09-04-2008, 03:24 PM

Do the names Radhames "Cow Dung" Liz and Jorge "Cow Dung" De La Rosa ring a bell?

Zisk77
09-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Enough of this already. We will not beat a pitcher because its his first start nor will we lose because we haven't seen him before. Yes we lost to Liz the first time we saw him but nobody points out we shelled Hochevar & R. A. Dickey & Gio Gonzalez the first time we saw him and a host of other pitchers we both lost to and beat the first time we saw them this year.

Now a few years ago it was almost comical how often we lost to guys we've seen for the first time.

DSpivack
09-04-2008, 03:54 PM
How did Weaver cut his hand? By pushing himself off the dugout bench (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3568775)at Comerica.

TDog
09-04-2008, 04:06 PM

Moseley, summoned from Triple-A Salt Lake on Tuesday with roster expansions, is 1-3 with a 7.15 ERA in eight appearances with the Angels, six as a starter. He began the season as the fifth starter with John Lackey on the disabled list. ...

You never know with young pitchers because they are being coached to improve. Clayton Richard had an ERA exceeding 9 when he was sent down. He came back, and threw 10 shutout innings before giving up a three-run inning in his second start of his second tour of duty with the White Sox. It is difficult to scout young pitchers before they have settled into a pattern. Velocity often is consistent, but they develop new pitches and don't rely so much on the old ones.

Still, Weaver had pitched 15 scoreless innings against the White Sox.

Dustin Mosely has pitched in the Cell before. He came into a game last year in the ninth inning of a tie game and gave up a single to Darin Erstad and a game-ending home run to Darin Thome, which happened to be the 500th home run of his career. So at least Thome has faced Mosely.

And, of course, the White Sox this year have usually beaten starters they have never seen before. They didn't do so in Boston last weekend, but that had exponentially more to do with the White Sox pitching than the Red Sox pitching.

Mosely is a former first-round pick of the Reds. He proved a disappointment. Griffey may have seen him years ago, but again, he wouldn't be the same pitcher Griffey saw.

Edit: In response to Zisk77, I have indeed pointed these things out. Response was that Gonzalez didn't count becasue he didn't pitch very well and any team could have beaten him that day. (Incredibly, at one point in the game, he had thrown 70 pitches and only two of them were hit foul.) I am left to believe that the White Sox are doomed only against pitchers they have never seen before only if those pitchers pitch very, very well.

CHISOXFAN13
09-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Do the names Radhames "Cow Dung" Liz and Jorge "Cow Dung" De La Rosa ring a bell?

How bout Gio? I'm sure everyone remembers him.

I understand it's been an issue, but it's not as if this team hasn't hit pitchers they haven't seen before either.

chisoxmike
09-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Hopefully with the Angels 16 game lead, if this guy gets his brains beat in, they leave him out there to die.

Soxman219
09-04-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm happy that we don't face Weaver but we are facing a pitcher we haven't seen before. Hopefully that hex ends tomorrow.

chisoxfanatic
09-04-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm happy that we don't face Weaver but we are facing a pitcher we haven't seen before. Hopefully that hex ends tomorrow.
2nd game in a row for Buehrle this is happening. Hopefully the TRUE Buehrle shows up.

sox1970
09-04-2008, 11:06 PM

Thome saw Moseley last year. He hit his 500th homer off of him.

JUribe1989
09-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't think the Sox have ever gotten a hit off of Jered Weaver.

Princess Dye
09-04-2008, 11:38 PM

great reference.

gosox41
09-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Don't know if anyone mentioned this in any other threads
yet,but i heard on the Angels radio broadcast about an hour

If we haven't faced him before, we are probably screwed.

Bob