PDA

View Full Version : How about a new count?

BearSox
05-14-2002, 01:13 PM
While the Moron count for cubs vs. sox articles has gone on for years now, I was sitting here right now watching the Flubs Cards game on ESPN on a Tuesday of all days which isn't even one of ESPNs normal broadcasting days and was just wondering what the count for Sox vs. Cubs broadcasts ESPN does in a year. I went to the espn site looking for a schedule of their broadcasts but couldn't find one. Anybody know this information. Its does a lot of injustice if the Sox have less broadcasts to a team who has the second worse record in the NL and normally ESPN plays games of two teams who are in a race. Whats the point of Card Flubs besides the natural rivalry?

cheeses_h_rice
05-14-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
Whats the point of Card Flubs besides the natural rivalry?

1. Big, historical rivalry between the two clubs.
2. Both clubs were projected to be good, and ESPN's scheduling this year reflects that.
3. Sham-ME and the Flubbies are very popular nationwide.

No big secret, to my mind.

BearSox
05-14-2002, 01:34 PM
So they schedule their games far in advance? I was told that ESPN has the right to all games on Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays and from there can take their pick of the games for each week. I could be wrong though, I don't exactly trust the source i got it from but i does sound believable. Thats why i'm questioning ESPNS broadcast picks, if it were scheduled far in advance like before the season i really don't have an argument then.

cheeses_h_rice
05-14-2002, 01:53 PM
You might be right. I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of Monday Night Football; with baseball, there are enough games that there is probably some flexibility built into the scheduling.

But still, the Cards/Cubs game was probably shown in the Midwest mainly, and you figure there would be a big audience for it, despite how crummy both teams are playing.

BearSox
05-14-2002, 01:58 PM
BTW is it a holiday or something that i'm forgetting that ST. Louis has a day game on Tuesday on a non get away day?