PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Same Crap Different Day 9/2 PostGame Thread

Domeshot17
09-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Sickening! bad starting pitching, bad bullpen, bad hitting, bad managing (Like we need Owens in the lineup in a playoff race). Someone on this team has to step up and become a leader if we are going to win this.

oeo
09-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm sorely disappointed in this team. The Twins (predictably) have struggled on their long road trip, and we haven't taken advantage of it like we should have. They only have 2 games left on that lengthy road trip and have guaranteed at worst only a 1.5 game deficit (which believe me, I will be jumping for joy if we attain it even though I was hoping for at least twice that).

I understand the Red Sox are a tough team at home, and Cliff Lee is as close to unbeatable this year as you can get, but there was absolutely no excuse to lose TWO in Baltimore, and lose the game here tonight.

I'm starting to question how much they really want it. The opportunity has been there to gain some ground, and they seem perfectly content with merely treading water. Thankfully the Twins feel the same way, but this is getting ridiculous. I've defended this team's character all year long, but they're really letting me down right now.

Enough of the 'everything is OK' crap, Ozzie...tell these guys they ****ing suck. It's not time for blind optimism the way this team has been playing over the better part of the last two months. It's time to turn it on. Not next week, or the final week, but right now.

Go salvage the last game of this series and come home.

Viva Medias B's
We have seen the present, and it does not work.

Patrick134
The Twins lost a game they should have won, the Sox lost a game they should have lost. Advantage, our Sox. No harm done, get em tomorrow.

Brian26
Owens couldn't catch up to an outside fastball if he had a two-day head start. Totally predictable strikeout with two RISP tonight.

ChiSoxGirl
09-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Sickening! bad starting pitching, bad bullpen, bad hitting, bad managing (Like we need Owens in the lineup in a playoff race). Someone on this team has to step up and become a leader if we are going to win this.

I agree with this. I raised an eyebrow when I heard Owens was starting.... :scratch: I know he's got speed and all, but the guy hasn't seen Major League pitching since March when the team was in Tucson! This is not something we should be experimenting with in the middle of a damn pennant race.

Konerko05
09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Did anyone else feel like 2007 towards the end of that game?

southsideirish71
The best part is what faces us at home.

We face the Angels.

We get Jared Weaver who owns us worst than Johan.
Then we get Lackey and Saunders.

Then we get Burnett and Halladay in the next series.

Thank god we got fat on the Orioles and the Indians and built a lead.

tdwiek
Wow, I watched up to the end of the 6th, as we put up 3 in the top half and got within 1. Feeling pretty good, I went to get a quick workout in. Came back and it was 9-3...

Where did the wheels come off? Bullpen woes again?

Soxman219
09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
I agree with this. I raised an eyebrow when I heard Owens was starting.... :scratch: I know he's got speed and all, but the guy hasn't seen Major League pitching since March when the team was in Tucson! This is not something we should be experimenting with in the middle of a damn pennant race.

Put BA in that lineup tomorrow, Ozzie!

Rdy2PlayBall
Did anyone else feel like 2007 towards the end of that game?It felt more like 2008. It's a different team, THATS IN 1ST PLACE.... so lets stop compairing this team to old crappy teams. :rolleyes:

tstrike2000
Danks wasn't great, but the Sox were close until Carrasco came in and took a massive dump on the pitcher's mound leading to three pitchers used and one of the uglier innings we've seen this year. Hopefully, we avoid the sweep tomorrow.

munchman33
Not that I'm gloating, but I promised I'd bring it up.

Shocking.

Fausto Carmona's career ERA vs. the Sox is north of 5. Lee's is north of 6. They should worry when they face us.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-02-2008, 09:26 PM
At some point, the veterans (Thome, Konerko, Crede, Buehrle, and Vazquez in particular) have to step up and perform. PK actually has been playing well lately, but they all need to click at the same time in the same game. MB and Javy have been the most disappointing over the last month. The Sox desperately need them to throw quality starts each time out through the end of September.

And, oh yeah, don't play the AAA players.

Woofer
09-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Owens is a part of 2007 that i don't want to reminded of. Like we probably all said last year, Owens should be bunting at least twice a game.

oeo
09-02-2008, 09:27 PM

Nope.

For whatever reason, I'm not even pissed tonight. I'm disappointed, and I was since the 2nd inning, with a little glimmer of hope in the 6th.

No way fighting for 1st place (if you even call it that...more like just taking a nap in first place) is close to fighting for last. No matter how bad they looked tonight, this team still actually has hope.

JB98
09-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Just because Owens and Logan are September callups does not mean they need to be used in key situations.

Those guys suck. Keep them on the bench unless we are in absolute garbage time. No excuse for Owens to be starting. No excuse for Logan to be used with the bases loaded and the game hanging in the balance.

They are AAA players for a reason.

Jurr
09-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Time to face facts.
A.)The starting pitching is falling apart. Buehrle? Who knows day to day. Danks? Beginning to crap himself. Vazquez? Ship his worthless, overpriced ass off yesterday. Contreras? Oh yeah, he died. Gavin ****ing Floyd is the only Sox pitcher worth talking about. Wow.

B.)The hitters haven't changed. They look like world beaters for a week, and then they slumber for a week. The problem? Well, it's been this way all year....you can't manufacture a run with this squad, and that leads to offensive inconsistency. This isn't a 3-2 or a 2-1 ballclub. They are what they are.

Other teams in the AL are built to win in the postseason. Other teams have ace pitchers that can dominate you and offenses versatile enough to score late or chip away. The Sox DO NOT possess these things, which are paramount for success in October. Even if they made it to the playoffs, they would be a quick exit. What's the point? We are the Tennessee Titans or Utah Jazz of the AL. We may be barely good enough to make the playoffs, but we are outclassed by MUCH BETTER TEAMS. Period. It's okay. **** happens.

It's Dankerific
09-02-2008, 09:30 PM
No matter how bad they looked tonight, this team still actually has hope.

Owens is the destroyer of hope.

Konerko05
09-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I said it felt like 2007. I didn't say anything close to this being the same team as 2007. I definitely didn't say fighting for last is the same as fighting for first.

It felt like 2007 because we were down by a lot while Mike Macdougal was on the mound.

Parrothead
09-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I expect another loss tomorrow. The way they play on the road (31-39) is pitiful reguardless of who is on the field and who they are playing.

Jurr
09-02-2008, 09:32 PM
I expect another loss tomorrow. The way they play on the road (31-39) is pitiful reguardless of who is on the field and who they are playing.
Yeah, well they suck at home against good teams, too. Sad, indeed.

Parrothead
09-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah, well they suck at home against good teams, too. Sad, indeed.

True but since they are on the road, I figured I would only metion that.

oeo
09-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Time to face facts.
A.)The starting pitching is falling apart. Buehrle? Who knows day to day. Danks? Beginning to crap himself. Vazquez? Ship his worthless, overpriced ass off yesterday. Contreras? Oh yeah, he died. Gavin ****ing Floyd is the only Sox pitcher worth talking about. Wow.

B.)The hitters haven't changed. They look like world beaters for a week, and then they slumber for a week. The problem? Well, it's been this way all year....you can't manufacture a run with this squad, and that leads to offensive inconsistency. This isn't a 3-2 or a 2-1 ballclub. They are what they are.

Other teams in the AL are built to win in the postseason. Other teams have ace pitchers that can dominate you and offenses versatile enough to score late or chip away. The Sox DO NOT possess these things, which are paramount for success in October. Even if they made it to the playoffs, they would be a quick exit. What's the point? We are the Tennessee Titans or Utah Jazz of the AL. We may be barely good enough to make the playoffs, but we are outclassed by MUCH BETTER TEAMS. Period. It's okay. **** happens.

Then why haven't those 'much better teams' beaten the living crap out of us? With the exception of the two games in Boston, you can't say it about another game. We've played nothing but good ballgames against the Angels and the Rays, and again, with the exception of those two games against Boston, them too.

Say what you want, when this team plays with desire, they're a very good team. You can come here to tell us you told us so if they struggle in the postseason, though...that is why you're posting this, isn't it?

AnkleSox
09-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Owens is a part of 2007 that i don't want to reminded of. Like we probably all said last year, Owens should be bunting at least twice a game.

In Charlotte.

tstrike2000
09-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Owens is the destroyer of hope.

:rolling:

SoxSpeed22
09-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Not that I'm gloating, but I promised I'd bring it up.Congratulations.
Back to the topic, the Sox picked a terrible time to hit a bad stretch, and honestly, I really don't think they're that good. But at the same time, neither are the Twins. I think Tampa, Boston or LA will easily dispose of whoever wins this division. The Sox can still win this division, if they go 10-0 in their homestand. The pitching is hitting a bad stretch and the offense is scuffling. We'll just have to wait and see.

Jurr
09-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Then why haven't those 'much better teams' beaten the living crap out of us?

Say what you want, when this team plays with desire, they're a very good team. You can come here to tell us you told us so if they struggle in the postseason...that is why you're posting this, isn't it?
Dude, they pissed their shorts against Boston and the Rays RECENTLY.
Playing with desire is not the problem. When they show 'desire', they press. When they press, they suck. Terribly.

I want the Sox to win a WS. We all do. There comes a time when you can just tell that isn't going to happen. There has been NOT ONE MOMENT THIS SEASON where anybody with two eyes thought the Sox were the best team in baseball. Not one. It's not going to magically play out that way at the end. Starting pitching has become an issue. The offense has been schizophrenic all year. It's just not going to be enough.

MCHSoxFan
09-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Nope.

For whatever reason, I'm not even pissed tonight. I'm disappointed, and I was since the 2nd inning, with a little glimmer of hope in the 6th.

No way fighting for 1st place (if you even call it that...more like just taking a nap in first place) is close to fighting for last. No matter how bad they looked tonight, this team still actually has hope.

I just got done talking to a clubhouse friend and he says he/they have hope and believes we got this. We both said this homestand is HUGE just HUGE and we need to load up ****ing wins! GO GET EM!!!

Adele_H
09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
First thing's first: Sox didn't deserve to win this game.

Not with Danks doing his best Scott Schoenweis impression; not with the way the hitters swung - as if they've never seen a sinker in their lives! (Oh Greg Walker...)

That said... Between Ozzie idiotically covering his own ass by letting already arguably overused Carasco pitch 3rd straight inning just as Carmona did his best to give away the game at the top of the inning... and then bringing Logan in in place of Thornton.... Letting deer-in-the-headlights Owens hit with Griffey on the bench and a fastball pitcher on the mound.

AJ - the ever super-smart Polish Prince did his best to kill not one by two Sox rallies - the one in the 6th where Sox scored 3 runs he sheepishly made the important first out, and then the one in the 7th when he swung at the 1st pitch literally neck-high after the reliever couldn't find the plate on Cabrera! Get him out of the 2-hole NOW!

More underwhelming defense. Konerko's slow-developing throw and Cabrera's weak arm cost the team a very important DP in the 7th with the slow-running RH Garko. 4 runs subsequently scored.

Should win tomorrow, but still.... had the Sox manned-up and completed this comeback, it would have been the biggest win of the season - especially with Minnesota continuing to uncharacteristically blow leads.

BadBobbyJenks
09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
It is really pathetic that Boone Logan and Jerry Owens get to put on a major league uniform.

Seeing Danks get knocked around in 3 straight starts is really discouraging.

Gavin Floyd is the only guy I trust out there right now.:o:

CubKilla
09-02-2008, 09:42 PM

No. Felt like 2006 to me.

Brian26
09-02-2008, 09:42 PM
In Charlotte.

AAA season is over. Arizona Fall League would be his next option.

oeo
09-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Dude, they pissed their shorts against Boston and the Rays RECENTLY.
Playing with desire is not the problem. When they show 'desire', they press. When they press, they suck. Terribly.

Boston, on the road, where they are just like every other AL team...very good, nearly unbeatable.

And the Rays didn't stick out as a vastly superior team in that series.

I want the Sox to win a WS. We all do. There comes a time when you can just tell that isn't going to happen. There has been NOT ONE MOMENT THIS SEASON where anybody with two eyes thought the Sox were the best team in baseball. Not one. It's not going to magically play out that way at the end. Starting pitching has become an issue. The offense has been schizophrenic all year. It's just not going to be enough.

If they're there, they have a shot. I'm not saying this team is great, but every AL team has its weaknesses. And we've seen that the Sox can hang with these 'much better teams.' Funny, I seem to remember the Sox were going to struggle in October because they didn't look great against the beasts from the East three years ago.

Obviously, if Buehrle and Vazquez don't get their act together, we're in serious trouble. But there's still time for things to turn around...they just need to happen quickly.

CubKilla
09-02-2008, 09:44 PM
BTW..... I have never been and probably never will be a huge proponent of Brian Anderson starting everyday. Having said that, can anyone convince me that Jerry Owens is a better option at this point than Anderson?

Jurr
09-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Yup, EXACTLY. Expect the same results to end the season. This team is fundamentally flawed.

CHISOXFAN13
Not that I'm gloating, but I promised I'd bring it up.

LOL. You really think Carmona was the reason we lost this game? You aren't a Sox fan.

JB98
AAA season is over. Arizona Fall League would be his next option.

Sounds good to me. I'll drive him to the airport. :bandance:

thomas35forever
09-02-2008, 09:46 PM
It's a miracle we're still in first place. We definitely don't deserve it right now.

Can the Sox please give Boone Logan his walking papers? I never want to see him in a Sox uniform again. Ever.

sox1970
09-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Rongey trying to defend Ozzie using Logan by saying it's better to find out if he can pitch on September 2nd, than to wait until later on. Huh? He sucked at Charlotte beyond belief. I hated that he was called back up, and he pretty much proved why tonight.

Jurr
09-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Rongey trying to defend Ozzie using Logan by saying it's better to find out if he can pitch on September 2nd, than to wait until later on. Huh? He sucked at Charlotte beyond belief. I hated that he was called back up, and he pretty much proved why tonight.
At least if he pitches at USCF, he'll still get to think that people are yelling, "BOOOOOONE" at him.

CubKilla
09-02-2008, 09:49 PM

Funny. Rongey said the same garbage in 2006 after Sox fans jumped on Ozzie for using him against Hafner during the 3rd game in April.

anewman35

Is that road record pathetic? Of course it is. But let's look at some other contending teams: Tampa (as we speak, the best team in baseball) - 32-32. Boston - 34-38. Arizona: 31-37. And most importantly, Minnesota: 31-38. Sure, we should be a lot better, but so should a lot of teams. It's not like we're alone in this.

Konerko05

Again, I will clarify. I didn't mean the team was like 2007. I meant I felt like I was watching a game in 2007. No offense, bullpen imploding, down by 6 to Cleveland, Macdougal on the mound......

Chicken Dinner
09-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Jerry Owens?
DJ leave him in how long?
Boone?
Doogie?

Worst bullpen management I've ever seen. Are we playing our AAA team or are we playing to win?

Jurr
09-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Again, I will clarify. I didn't mean the team was like 2007. I meant I felt like I was watching a game in 2007. No offense, bullpen imploding, down by 6 to Cleveland, Macdougal on the mound......
Yeah, and we can clarify. It felt like '06...watching a team fizzle out late in the year because the starting pitching wore down to nothing, the offense was exposed as a schizophrenic mess, incapable of manufacturing runs to chip away at leads, and the bullpen regressed. That team didn't make it anywhere except a golf course. Expect the same from your '08 Sox.

sox1970
09-02-2008, 09:53 PM
So Crede left with a stiff back? Seriously, just shut him down. I'll take my chances with Uribe the rest of the way.

Jerko
09-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Funny. Rongey said the same garbage in 2006 after Sox fans jumped on Ozzie for using him against Hafner during the 3rd game in April.

That ball STILL hasn't landed. :angry:

Woofer
09-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Please stop, you are bringing back memories that I have tried to drink into oblivion!:gulp:

Konerko05
09-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Yeah, and we can clarify. It felt like '06...watching a team fizzle out late in the year because the starting pitching wore down to nothing, the offense was exposed as a schizophrenic mess, incapable of manufacturing runs to chip away at leads, and the bullpen regressed. That team didn't make it anywhere except a golf course. Expect the same from your '08 Sox.

Thanks for your's and someone else's clarification. I guess this could be an argument if you want it to. I was just clarifying what I meant. Other's interpreted it differently. Macdougal on the mound in a losing game reminded took me back to 2007.

Are they my White Sox now because they are playing horribly? Is that like when the family dog would piss on the rug and my mom would say your dog pissed on the rug.

ndgt10
09-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I heard that a lot of the players have been hit with the diarrhea bug recently. Take it for what it's worth.

Konerko05
09-02-2008, 10:11 PM
I heard that a lot of the players have been hit with the diarrhea bug recently. Take it for what it's worth.

Ohhhh, so that's why they have been ****ting their pants on the field.

Hitmen77
09-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Don't worry. Just you guys wait until the Twins go on that 14 game road trip. We'll leave them in the dust after that trip is over.

AnkleSox
09-02-2008, 10:13 PM

Well the starters and several bullpen arms have been ****ting their pants every time out there. Seems to make sense.

Noneck
09-02-2008, 10:18 PM
I have noticed that none of the pants pissing dark cloud calling company men are agreeing on the use of Owens and Logan tonight. Does this mean that a management mistake was made today?:o:

DickAllen72
09-02-2008, 10:22 PM
So the Sox lose another series to a crappy team on the road. What else is new? :dunno:

Konerko05
09-02-2008, 10:23 PM
I have noticed that none of the pants pissing dark cloud calling company men are agreeing on the use of Owens and Logan tonight. Does this mean that a management mistake was made today?:o:

Ozzie Guillen doesn't make mistakes.

chisoxfanatic
09-02-2008, 10:43 PM
We need to bring the Grrrrrrinder Tiger back.

Seriously, Ozzie, what the hell was that starting Owens? You start either Griffey or BA if one of our starting outfielders cannot go. The ONLY PT Owens should get is late-inning when we're either down or up by a ton of runs. You must in our situation put your best lineup out there every single night when your margin for error is this small. It's not like we have a comfortable lead like the Halos or Rays.

I seriously hope Danks isn't starting a major funk. He's gone only four innings in each of his last two starts now!

Konerko05
09-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I seriously hope Danks isn't starting a major funk. He's gone only four innings in each of his last two starts now!

Danks looks tired to me. Maybe it is just a dead arm period. It would be nice if we had a lead and could shut him down for a start.

WhiteSox5187
09-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Plenty of blame to go around tonight...but for me the most discouraging thing in this loss was Danks, if we're going to finish the season with only three pitchers we can count on (and of that three only one appears to be consistently good), we can forget about playing in October. Maybe we're just in a bad stretch and we'll come out of it soon. In the meantime...

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:gy6A0iMIJeEEFM:http://bp1.blogger.com/_nnnK0TK9Uqs/RdZOoaR4fKI/AAAAAAAAAT4/E47Ivas7cic/s400/Mr.Burns%2Bof%2BJapan.gif (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://bp1.blogger.com/_nnnK0TK9Uqs/RdZOoaR4fKI/AAAAAAAAAT4/E47Ivas7cic/s400/Mr.Burns%2Bof%2BJapan.gif&imgrefurl=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm%3Ffuseaction%3Duser.viewprofile%26friend id%3D40505411&h=400&w=319&sz=31&hl=en&start=4&usg=___Z3icrOeLPTQURoOtNrq6rO-X4o=&tbnid=gy6A0iMIJeEEFM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=99&prev=/images%3Fq%3DMr.%2BBurns%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26h l%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN)
"Hang you heads in shame!"

EuroSox35
09-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Owens is mindboggling, especially with the potential options we have in the OF :X

chisoxfanatic
09-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Javy MUST give us no less than 6 STRONG innings tomorrow! It's time for him to pull his head out of his behind and actually have a decent game. Let's go into our off-day on a POSITIVE note!

Adele_H
09-02-2008, 11:28 PM
We need to bring the Grrrrrrinder Tiger back.

No, it's time for Rally Rally.

RockJock07
09-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Javy MUST give us no less than 6 STRONG innings tomorrow! It's time for him to pull his head out of his behind and actually have a decent game. Let's go into our off-day on a POSITIVE note!

Well again, Javy has a chance to make a statement and beat a beatable team to help the sox salvage their diginity.

I can't figure this team out at all. I really thought that winning 2 of 3 in Oakland would jack this team up and really get them going on the road. I hate to look at hindsight but losing all those games that we lost by 1 or 2 runs early in the year is putting even more pressure against a team that should be kicking themselves in the ass because of how they are playing.

I only watched about 5 min of the game tonight and turned it off as soon as AJ was 1st pitching swinging at a ball in his eyes with OC on first, NO OUTS, when we needed baserunners. That's bull**** and good teams don't do that crap.

As many has said, AJ needs to get out of the two hole. Problem is I would rather have Alexei lower in the order for RBI chances. After that, this team is filled with free-swingers.

Looking forward, this team just needs to get into the playoffs, what happens then is anyones guess. They are playing with fire because if the Twins get hot and win 5-6 in a row and the sox have to go to Min down, it could be over.

DickAllen72
09-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Danks looks tired to me. Maybe it is just a dead arm period. It would be nice if we had a lead and could shut him down for a start.
When Jose Contreras blew out his Achilles, I said it was a big blow to the Sox' playoff hopes because IMHO if healthy he is their best pitcher. I based that opinion on the fact that although Danks was pitching well up to that point, he had never pitched close to the amount of innings required of a frontline starter on a pennant contender.

LoveYourSuit
09-02-2008, 11:38 PM

Rongey's company man antics are getting beyond old by now. The guy is a puppet.

Boone has sucked hot air for almost 2 months and Ozzie just can't wait to run his crappy ass out there to get lit up.

I have been preaching for Poreda for 2 months now, you think he can do worse than this piece of crap for 1 inning of work in relief?

This is insane the way they are running this team and managing this thing to the ground.

JB98
09-02-2008, 11:40 PM
When Jose Contreras blew out his Achilles, I said it was a big blow to the Sox' playoff hopes because IMHO if healthy he is their best pitcher. I based that opinion on the fact that although Danks was pitching well up to that point, he had never pitched close to the amount of innings required of a frontline starter on a pennant contender.

True, Contreras has been through the wars before. We miss his veteran presence.

IronFisk
09-02-2008, 11:41 PM
It's official - NOBODY wants this division!

No idea what Owens is doing out there in a pennant chase - and yet again the bullpen lays a huge egg.

We may win this thing - if we back in faster than the twins.

Adele_H
09-02-2008, 11:47 PM

I only watched about 5 min of the game tonight and turned it off as soon as AJ was 1st pitching swinging at a ball in his eyes with OC on first, NO OUTS, when we needed baserunners. That's bull**** and good teams don't do that crap.

As many has said, AJ needs to get out of the two hole. Problem is I would rather have Alexei lower in the order for RBI chances. After that, this team is filled with free-swingers.

Those RBI "chances" don't mean as much when it takes damn near 3 hits to score either Thome or Konerko from 2nd.

thomas35forever
09-02-2008, 11:58 PM
It's official - NOBODY wants this division!

No idea what Owens is doing out there in a pennant chase - and yet again the bullpen lays a huge egg.

We may win this thing - if we back in faster than the twins.
Well in the words of Lee Elia, "I'll tell you one ****ing thing. I hope we get ****ing hotter than ****."

A. Cavatica
09-03-2008, 12:13 AM

The more players Ozzie has available, the worse he manages. Give him Dewayne Wise or Jerry Owens or Junior Griffey and they'll see significant time in center, ahead of Anderson or Swisher. Give him a 13-man bullpen and he'll go through six relievers, trying to find the cold hand. Give him Broadway and Richard and he'll vacillate: this week it's Richard! No, Broadway! No, Richard! No...

LoveYourSuit
09-03-2008, 12:20 AM
The more players Ozzie has available, the worse he manages. Give him Dewayne Wise or Jerry Owens or Junior Griffey and they'll see significant time in center, ahead of Anderson or Swisher. Give him a 13-man bullpen and he'll go through six relievers, trying to find the cold hand. Give him Broadway and Richard and he'll vacillate: this week it's Richard! No, Broadway! No, Richard! No...

I guess it's the hand he is dealt, but he is indeed doing a piss poor job managing it.

The Owens and Logan crap tonight is like throwing a White Flag to me.

Adele_H
09-03-2008, 12:26 AM
I guess it's the hand he is dealt, but he is indeed doing a piss poor job managing it.

The Owens and Logan crap tonight is like throwing a White Flag to me.

Granted.... Greasy McTourette's didn't acquit himself admirably tonight, but it's not easy to manage when the team's best road pitcher, Danks, looks like he'd rather be anywhere else BUT on the pitching mound his last few starts... and the offense acts like they've never seen a sinking fastball in their entire lives.

This was on the whole team, including Ozzie.

Lip Man 1
09-03-2008, 12:30 AM
I find this quote very troubling especially considering what's at stake, the fact that there are only 24 games left and also that Ozzie has deliberately rested guys during the season to prevent this:

"It seems like we're tired, it seems like we're dead. I don't see the energy. I don't see the grinder [mentality]. I don't see a lot of things we're missing now."

Lip

The Dude
09-03-2008, 12:32 AM

Yes. Just seeing Boone and MacDougal pitch is awful enough. Ozzie, please don't put them in ANY tight game ever.

Adele_H
09-03-2008, 12:40 AM
I find this quote very troubling especially considering what's at stake, the fact that there are only 24 games left and also that Ozzie has deliberately rested guys during the season to prevent this:

"It seems like we're tired, it seems like we're dead. I don't see the energy. I don't see the grinder [mentality]. I don't see a lot of things we're missing now."

Lip

Oh greenies, where art thou?

Foulke You
09-03-2008, 01:10 AM
What is the status of Carlos Quentin and Ken Griffey Jr? I know that Griffey was a scratch for Monday with some lower back stiffness but was available to pinch hit and then he is not in the lineup again today. Hawk then mentions that Owens is in the lineup because Carlos Quentin was a late scratch with "pain in his hand". Griffey was getting a lot of hits and doubles of late and Quentin is our MVP. We need those two guys thumping to give this lineup a pulse again. How did Q hurt his hand? If he is out for any length of time, we are in trouble.

Count me in the group that was not pleased to see Jerry Owens in that lineup today. He has brought the stench of 2007 with him. I had a feeling he was going to come up in a crucial situation and sure enough, it happened to be the biggest AB in the game for us and he whiffed because he can't hit an MLB fastball and Wedge knew it which is why he went to Betancourt to get the easy out. I'm not as in love with BA as some on this board but at least he can hit a fastball and gives good defense. He should have been out there as the official "4th outfielder" of our team.

Adele_H
09-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Either way, better see Alexei in either #1 or #2 spot in the line-up tomorrow.

I bet Ozzie doesn't have the balls to do it, though.

That's right, Ozzie, I am talking to you - you know you're reading. You ain't got what it takes to be a real mang, nor to put Alexei atop the order. I know you can't do it Ozzie Jose Maria Guillen - because you're weak, you talk to much with no action, and you don't know baseball. And we both know Oney sucks so much, too - and even he know you can't be able to put Alexei in AJ's spot.

Like I say, no mang. (Don't put Alexei in #2 spot like Mariotti say that time)

(hope my strategy works :bandance:.... don't worry everybody, Ozzie can't read small letters)

JB98
09-03-2008, 01:24 AM
What is the status of Carlos Quentin and Ken Griffey Jr? I know that Griffey was a scratch for Monday with some lower back stiffness but was available to pinch hit and then he is not in the lineup again today. Hawk then mentions that Owens is in the lineup because Carlos Quentin was a late scratch with "pain in his hand". Griffey was getting a lot of hits and doubles of late and Quentin is our MVP. We need those two guys thumping to give this lineup a pulse again. How did Q hurt his hand? If he is out for any length of time, we are in trouble.

Count me in the group that was not pleased to see Jerry Owens in that lineup today. He has brought the stench of 2007 with him. I had a feeling he was going to come up in a crucial situation and sure enough, it happened to be the biggest AB in the game for us and he whiffed because he can't hit an MLB fastball and Wedge knew it which is why he went to Betancourt to get the easy out. I'm not as in love with BA as some on this board but at least he can hit a fastball and gives good defense. He should have been out there as the official "4th outfielder" of our team.

Q thinks he'll be ready to play tomorrow, but you know Ozzie. He often gives players one more day of rest after they say they're ready.

I totally agree with your point on Owens. I'm no FOBA, and I frankly can't stand his loyalists on this board. But he should have been in the lineup tonight. He's a better player than Jerry Owens.

I think too many guys were called up with the roster expansion. You add Getz for an extra infielder. Phillips as a third catcher is fine. I can even live with Fields being up, given Crede's uncertain status. You add Wassermann and Broadway, just as extra arms to eat up innings. That's all you need.

We don't need Owens, MacDougal and Logan hanging around, weighing down the team. Worst of all, Ozzie is actually using these players. It's baffling to me. We need to ride the guys who have gotten us to this point the rest of the way. Don't cheat the guys who have been out there battling for 135 games by playing these triple-A and quad-A mopes. It's ridiculous.

It's Dankerific
09-03-2008, 01:34 AM

Lip

I'm sure BA isn't tired.

I'm no FOBA, and I frankly can't stand his loyalists on this board.

That's kind of harsh.

ms620
09-03-2008, 05:48 AM
I'm sure BA isn't tired.

That's kind of harsh.

BA is/should be nothing more than a pinch runner/late inning defensive replacement. He should not be tired.

wassagstdu
09-03-2008, 06:55 AM
Hmm. The Sox can't manufacture runs against good pitching. They are going to need to for the next week or two and in the playoffs. Why on earth would Ozzie start Owens? No clue.

Of course, as luck would have it, he comes up in a key RBI situation -- with Griffey and Quentin not available to PH. I'd still start him until he shows he can't help.

Mohoney
09-03-2008, 07:01 AM
I'm thinking that maybe John Danks should skip his next start after he pitches Sunday against the Angels. Rest him up a little bit for the stretch run. Maybe Lance Broadway can get that start Friday the 12th against the Tigers.

09-03-2008, 08:27 AM

Lip

He's pushing a button Mark. Trying to jump start the team.

The division is still right there. It all comes down to execution and the White Sox aren't doing it.

He was looking for a spark and some speed from Owens last night, it didn't work. He was looking for Logan to show something, it didn't work. He was looking for Carrasco to hold the fort, it didn't work. Everything Guillen tried last night didn't work.

For one, I would expect Logan only gets complete garbage time from here on out. He hasn't shown he's worthy of much trust. Maybe he can get his head on straight over the winter, but now is not the time for him.

Law11
09-03-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm thinking that maybe John Danks should skip his next start after he pitches Sunday against the Angels. Rest him up a little bit for the stretch run. Maybe Lance Broadway can get that start Friday the 12th against the Tigers.

Rest him and pitch Broadway? Rest him for the stretch? This IS the stretch..
There is no more room for error and we have no choice but to throw Danks out there and hope he gets himself right.

munchman33
09-03-2008, 09:05 AM
You aren't a Sox fan.

:dtroll:

BainesHOF
09-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Tuesday's game was amateur hour. We're battling for the division and we trot out Owens and Logan? Richard has no business starting or pitching down the stretch either.

KingXerxes
09-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Either way, better see Alexei in either #1 or #2 spot in the line-up tomorrow.

I bet Ozzie doesn't have the balls to do it, though.

That's right, Ozzie, I am talking to you - you know you're reading. You ain't got what it takes to be a real mang, nor to put Alexei atop the order. I know you can't do it Ozzie Jose Maria Guillen - because you're weak, you talk to much with no action, and you don't know baseball. And we both know Oney sucks so much, too - and even he know you can't be able to put Alexei in AJ's spot.

Like I say, no mang. (Don't put Alexei in #2 spot like Mariotti say that time)

(hope my strategy works :bandance:.... don't worry everybody, Ozzie can't read small letters)

Huh?

CHISOXFAN13
09-03-2008, 11:30 AM

I'm a troll? I haven't been the one basking on the glory of our suckage lately. Get a clue.

Neagtive, negative, negative.

munchman33
09-03-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm a troll? I haven't been the one basking on the glory of our suckage lately. Get a clue.

Neagtive, negative, negative.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

Me being negative about or chances based on our crappy level of play is NOT trolling.

You baselessly calling me not a Sox fan to attack me and get a rise out of me is trolling. Not to mention it's a personal attack, which generally isn't allowed around here.