PDA

View Full Version : BCKTHR is ****ing Crazy!!!

getonbckthr
09-02-2008, 01:14 PM
I want to be tied with Minnesota when we go there for the 3 game series. Something in my gut, and its a big one, tells me we will take care of business.

shes
09-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Is the King of Backwards dwelling in your stomach?

:cool:

kevingrt
09-02-2008, 01:17 PM
I want to be tied with Minnesota when we go there for the 3 game series. Something in my gut, and its a big one, tells me we will take care of business.

Thread title says it all there.

voodoochile
09-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Love that take no prisoners attitude. I agree about the final series in Minnesota. If it is going to have major implications, I expect the Sox to rise to the occasion. I'd still prefer to be leading by a couple and then go 6-0 to seal the deal...

nccwsfan
09-02-2008, 01:23 PM
I'd rather we have the division clinched prior to this series, but I'm with you- if it's a must win series I feel confident that the White Sox will come out on top. May the best team (White Sox) win!

Brian26
09-02-2008, 01:44 PM

As long as Loaiza doesn't come down with the flu again, I say we sweep.

:whiteflag:

kjhanson
09-02-2008, 01:44 PM
If we go deep into the playoffs, we're going to face much better teams than the Twins. So if we can't beat them, even in Minnesota, we're probably not going to fare much better against the Rays or the Angels. So let's just go in there and kick the **** out of them, regardless of the situation.

More importantly though, let's win tonight.

Malgar 12
09-02-2008, 01:53 PM
As long as Loaiza doesn't come down with the flu again, I say we sweep.

:whiteflag:

UGGH 2003...did you have to bring that up?

Zisk77
09-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Par for the course from the dude who argued that kenny should "blow it up" before the season began.:scratch:

Konerko05
09-02-2008, 02:03 PM

It's nice you have that attitude. Now you just have to impart on it on the whole White Sox organization.

jabrch
09-02-2008, 02:06 PM
It's nice you have that attitude. Now you just have to impart on it on the whole White Sox organization.

I don't think the attitude problem exists inside the Sox organization. I think it exists in the weaker factions of the fanbase.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-02-2008, 02:06 PM
I love the all or nothing approach, but I would rather they seal it up before then....if they go it tied, I think they lose it up there.

thomas35forever
09-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Good attitude, but I dunno if my stomach could take that. I'd much prefer to have some kind of lead going into the HumpDome because it doesn't look like we'll have it clinched by then. Then again, strange things happen in baseball.

fugazis
09-02-2008, 02:56 PM
I would like to see the Sox down by 2 games going into the twinkie dome, win all three and finish the regular season 6-0 and have huge momentum going into the playoffs.

Daver
09-02-2008, 03:07 PM
I agree with the title of this thread.

dickallen15
09-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Listening to White Sox broadcasts and management, you get the feeling they really don't believe they can win games in Minnesota. They have defeated themselves. Hopefully the organization's entire attitude can change in the next couple weeks and the Sox win at least a couple of games up there. I do think if they lose the first game, this attitude will prevail.

minutia
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
I like your passion but I want to have the deal sealed and kill any wild card hopes that the Twins may have. I want them to go down in the dome.

turners56
09-02-2008, 04:08 PM
UGGH 2003...did you have to bring that up?

Tell me about it. It was bad enough the Sox choked, but the stupid Cubs and their fans pissed me off even more.

DumpJerry
09-02-2008, 04:18 PM
I like your passion but I want to have the deal sealed and kill any wild card hopes that the Twins may have. I want them to go down in the dome.
Twins with Wild Card=no Boston in the playoffs. That is what I'm hoping for. We won't face them in the playoffs since they incapable of actually winning a postseason series.....

Frontman
09-02-2008, 04:23 PM
If we go deep into the playoffs, we're going to face much better teams than the Twins. So if we can't beat them, even in Minnesota, we're probably not going to fare much better against the Rays or the Angels. So let's just go in there and kick the **** out of them, regardless of the situation.

More importantly though, let's win tonight.

As I've said, beat the team in front of you. If it means making the post season to beat the Twins on their home turf; I'll go with what this guy would say;

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f335/theswimmingfreak/NatureBoyRicFlair.jpg

"To be the man, you've got to beat the man. Whoooooo!"

I don't want the Sox to be the joke of the playoffs. If they can't get it done against the Twins on the road, they won't be able to get it done on the road against the Angels or especially the Rays (turf stadium team.)

Get it done before then would be great, but if its for all the marbles, may the best team win!

Konerko05
09-02-2008, 04:27 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f335/theswimmingfreak/NatureBoyRicFlair.jpg

"To be the man, you've got to beat the man. Whoooooo!"

That should be posted in the Sox clubhouse. It can be this year's "Don't Stop Believing."

thomas35forever
09-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Tell me about it. It was bad enough the Sox choked, but the stupid Cubs and their fans pissed me off even more.
True, and I'm afraid we might be getting a sense of deja vu this year.

turners56
09-02-2008, 04:56 PM
True, and I'm afraid we might be getting a sense of deja vu this year.

If the Cubs fans cry again, it'll be just fine with me.

munchman33
09-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Hmmm...end the season with three in the dome and a series where we face Cliff Lee.

Something tells me we better be up by five by the time the dome series comes along to stand a chance.

cards press box
09-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Love that take no prisoners attitude. I agree about the final series in Minnesota. If it is going to have major implications, I expect the Sox to rise to the occasion. I'd still prefer to be leading by a couple and then go 6-0 to seal the deal...

2 or 3 up with 6 to go and then go 6-0? Shades of 2005 -- sounds great to me!

JB98
09-02-2008, 10:04 PM
I don't think the attitude problem exists inside the Sox organization. I think it exists in the weaker factions of the fanbase.

I disagree. The Sox organization spends way too much time kissing Twinkie ass. That especially goes for Ozzie and Hawk. Quite a few fans believe Minnesota is invincible in that dome because the TV broadcaster and the manager tell us so.

To make the playoffs, the Sox are gonna need two out of three in the dome the last week of September. That's just how it is.

getonbckthr
09-02-2008, 10:10 PM
For once I want someone in the organization to come out and say "The Twins ain't worth ****. This is our division and we let them hang-around. We're done playing around with these punk kids. This 3 game series will be the execution and burial of the 'piranhas.' And oh by the way we will take the inside corner back!" Then 1st inning buzz Mauer or Morneau's tower a little. Warning will be issued and the Twins inexperienced pitchers could become wary of the inside corner.

JB98
09-02-2008, 10:12 PM
For once I want someone in the organization to come out and say "The Twins ain't worth ****. This is our division and we let them hang-around. We're done playing around with these punk kids. This 3 game series will be the execution and burial of the 'piranhas.' And oh by the way we will take the inside corner back!" Then 1st inning buzz Mauer or Morneau's tower a little. Warning will be issued and the Twins inexperienced pitchers could become wary of the inside corner.

I like that attitude. I wish our team would adopt that mentality.

cards press box
09-03-2008, 12:05 AM

In the 2005 ALCS, when the Sox went to Anaheim for game 3, that was exactly the attitude that they had. Hope the Sox can find it again.

SBSoxFan
09-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Hmmm...end the season with three in the dome and a series where we face Cliff Lee.

Something tells me we better be up by five by the time the dome series comes along to stand a chance.

So, the Sox are up 4 with 6 to play, and they don't have a chance of winning the division, huh?

Well, at least your consistent. :rolleyes:

minutia
09-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Testify. I have been trying to tell this to my friends. My uncle and I sat at two of the Twins series just asking, who are these guys and what is more, who cares? Outside of Mauer and Morneau they are a bunch of nobodies. Granted they can get bunts down but that is about it.

I love this sentiment. I am tacking it on the cubicle wall.