PDA

View Full Version : Lee on the last day of the season?!

BNLSox
09-02-2008, 01:44 AM
After Lee was dominant yet again I decided to count off the schedule to see if we avoid him. If Cleveland sticks with a 5 man rotation Lee will pitch on September 28th in Chicago to go for another win. If our White Sox need to win to get into the playoffs we're going to have to do it against the likely Cy Young winner. How did we get so lucky?:mad:

If that Sunday becomes that 'win and you're in day' for the Sox, do you think they will beat Lee? Man I hope so!

oeo
09-02-2008, 01:48 AM
If that Sunday becomes that 'win and you're in day' for the Sox, do you think they will beat Lee? Man I hope so!

Who knows? That's why we play the games. Worry about that if the situation presents itself, not now.

The way neither team looks to want to win the division, my bet is they both lose on that day if it comes down to it.

Boondock Saint
09-02-2008, 01:49 AM
After Lee was dominant yet again I decided to count off the schedule to see if we avoid him. If Cleveland sticks with a 5 man rotation Lee will pitch on September 28th in Chicago to go for another win. If our White Sox need to win to get into the playoffs we're going to have to do it against the likely Cy Young winner. How did we get so lucky?:mad:

You can never tell when someone's going to get pushed back a day or so. Your rotation can get mixed up on a moments notice. It's possible that we'll face Lee the last game of the season, but it's far from a given.

chisoxfanatic
09-02-2008, 02:07 AM
You can never tell when someone's going to get pushed back a day or so. Your rotation can get mixed up on a moments notice. It's possible that we'll face Lee the last game of the season, but it's far from a given.
Not only that, but it's possible he could end the season on a brief "funk." That's why they actually play the games.

sodfatherjunior
09-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Hopefully we'll have the division wrapped up before that weekend just like in 05 and we won't have to worry about who pitches for Cleveland.

LoveYourSuit
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
If it comes down to that someone should step into a pitch (take one for the team) and charge the mound in the 1st inning. Hopefully the ump kicks batter and pitcher out.

Nellie_Fox
09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
If it comes down to that someone should step into a pitch (take one for the team) and charge the mound in the 1st inning. Hopefully the ump kicks batter and pitcher out.Sounds like the perfect role for BA! :stirpot:

Konerko05
09-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Sounds like the perfect role for BA! :stirpot:

Is that little guy stirring potatoes to eat off Dotel's feet?

whitesox901
09-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Im going on he 27th, but if I have to watch a loss at the hands of Lee to potentially let the Sox win it sunday, then let it be