PDA

View Full Version : Glavine

my5thbench
05-14-2002, 10:04 AM
Tom Glavine has stated that he doesn't expect to return to
the Braves next year...it is believed that atlanta is looking for an outfielder who can hit. Carlos Lee could be that outfielder,
obviously we would have to give up more than El Caballo to
get Glavine, but such a deal might be doable...

Wouldn't Glavine look great in the Sox rotation, he is said to
be great at helping young pitchers learn to pitch.

Offer the Braves Carlos & another quality player & we may
be able to get the starter that we need.

bjmarte
05-14-2002, 10:21 AM
Caballo for Glavine? Where do I sign?!

MattSharp
05-14-2002, 12:27 PM
First of all, why does Atlanta need an OF? They haver Chipper, Andruw Jones and Sheffield? Unless they moved Chipper back to 3B, which I guess they could do?

As for what it would take. I don't think Lee alone would even come close. It would surely cost us a young stud pitcher or two. It looks good on paper, but I wouldn't want to give up too much for a guy that would probably only stay one year....

rmusacch
05-14-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
First of all, why does Atlanta need an OF? They haver Chipper, Andruw Jones and Sheffield? Unless they moved Chipper back to 3B, which I guess they could do?

As for what it would take. I don't think Lee alone would even come close. It would surely cost us a young stud pitcher or two. It looks good on paper, but I wouldn't want to give up too much for a guy that would probably only stay one year....

Vinny Castilla is at third for the Braves. I think they are looking for a fourth outfielder, that is what good teams do.

FarmerAndy
05-14-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
but I wouldn't want to give up too much for a guy that would probably only stay one year....

I would. I want to win now. Screw next year and the year after that. For all we know we could be dead next year. I'm tired of the White Sox trying to sell me the future. I WANT TO WIN NOW, BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

I could care less about the division title. I want to win some games in the post season, and at the very least advance to the A.L. Championship Series.

Whatever it takes to win this year, I say DO IT.

MattSharp
05-14-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

Vinny Castilla is at third for the Braves. I think they are looking for a fourth outfielder, that is what good teams do.

Vinny Castilla sucks, and would Atlanta really give up Tom Glavine for a 4th OF?

jklm
05-14-2002, 06:48 PM
Glavine just wants more money from his employer. He is not going anywhere.

RadioHead PH
05-14-2002, 08:19 PM
Id give up a lot to get Glavine. The man is incredible. We saw what effect Wells had on our pitchers for the short time he was here. Imagine what Glavine, the master of brains would teach these young kids. Not only that, he is a much needed veteran, playoff experienced starter we need more than ever right now.

CerberusWG
05-14-2002, 08:35 PM
Nice name, RadioHead! :P

my5thbench
05-15-2002, 07:03 AM
the Braves want to move Chipper to 3rd, thus the need for an
outfielder...I didn't suggest C Lee straight up for Glavine I said he & another quality player, perhaps a young pitcher. I do believe
that Glavine will be traded this year...why don't the Sox beat
the Yankees to the best stud pitcher available for a change?