PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Cunningham Made Debut with A's vs. Twins Sunday

PaleHoser
09-01-2008, 02:03 AM
Aaron Cunningham (http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20080831&content_id=3395071&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak), former Sox farmhand traded to Arizona last year for Danny Richar made his major league debut today vs. Twins. Went 2-4 with two RBI's in the A's loss.

TDog
09-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Aaron Cunningham (http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20080831&content_id=3395071&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak), former Sox farmhand traded to Arizona last year for Danny Richar made his major league debut today vs. Twins. Went 2-4 with two RBI's in the A's loss.

He looked bad in striking out his first two times up. He could have kept the A's in the game early. But I'm sure he was nervous making his debut. On defense, I thought he. should have caught a two-out foul pop up that dropped and would have ended the first inning without the Twins scoring.

The A's announcers were talking about Cunningham being one of the "Haren 6," along with Sunday's starter Smith, Eveland, Carlos Gonzalez and Carter. Brett Anderson, a pitcher who is left-handed, like Smith and Eveland, is supposed to be top player out of the deal. So the A's are starting Ryan Sweeney in right and center, when he's not hurt, and apparently will be going with Cunningham in left, hoping the two develop.

Tuesday, I expect Cunningham and Sweeney will be making up two-thirds of the outfield behind Gio Gonzalez. I don't know if Carter will ever come up to the A's. Apparently, they are sending him to the Arizona Fall League after earning California League Rookie of the Year honors. If people complain that the White Sox can't scout amateur talent, they aren't Billy Beane yes men.

The A's also activated former Giants prospect Keith Foulke and put him into Sunday's game. He did not look good. There aren't many former Giants on the A's. While the A's are heavy on former White Sox farmhands, the Twins have been mining the Giants minor league system.

turners56
09-01-2008, 02:29 PM
He looked bad in striking out his first two times up. He could have kept the A's in the game early. But I'm sure he was nervous making his debut. On defense, I thought he. should have caught a two-out foul pop up that dropped and would have ended the first inning without the Twins scoring.

The A's announcers were talking about Cunningham being one of the "Haren 6," along with Sunday's starter Smith, Eveland, Carlos Gonzalez and Carter. Brett Anderson, a pitcher who is left-handed, like Smith and Eveland, is supposed to be top player out of the deal. So the A's are starting Ryan Sweeney in right and center, when he's not hurt, and apparently will be going with Cunningham in left, hoping the two develop.

Tuesday, I expect Cunningham and Sweeney will be making up two-thirds of the outfield behind Gio Gonzalez. I don't know if Carter will ever come up to the A's. Apparently, they are sending him to the Arizona Fall League after earning California League Rookie of the Year honors. If people complain that the White Sox can't scout amateur talent, they aren't Billy Beane yes men.

The A's also activated former Giants prospect Keith Foulke and put him into Sunday's game. He did not look good. There aren't many former Giants on the A's. While the A's are heavy on former White Sox farmhands, the Twins have been mining the Giants minor league system.

But Keith sure did a good job for us and the Red Sox. :D:

Half of the A's is made up of Arizona and White Sox prospects right now.