PDA

View Full Version : Danks' next start pushed back

Sockinchisox
08-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Danks will be pitching Tuesday with Richard going on Monday.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080830&content_id=3392064&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

EuroSox35
08-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Richard vs Cliff Lee, ouch

Vernam
08-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Richard vs Cliff Lee, ouchPretty SOP, when you've got a weak fifth starter. When possible, put him up against the other team's ace, in a game you're not exactly likely to win, anyway.

Vernam

TDog
08-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Richard has been better in his last two starts than Danks has in his last two starts. Danks obviously is the better pitcher, by a wide margin. But Richard has been producing better recent results.

The White Sox aren't writing off the game against Lee. Obviously, they see a need to give Danks an extra day of rest. I hope he's a better pitcher for it. The Sox need him.

Konerko05
08-31-2008, 02:13 AM
I'm glad they are giving him some extra rest. He needs it. Hopefully only one day of rest is effective.

turners56
08-31-2008, 10:42 AM

That's pretty much a loss...

08-31-2008, 10:49 AM

I have a feeling we will light Lee up and bring his ERA back to earth a little.

I know he was dominant in his last start vs us but over the last 3 years we have owned him.

2005-2007

6.71 ERA
2-3
7 HR in 9 starts
.307 AVG

Hagan
08-31-2008, 12:44 PM
While Lee is clearly a much different pitcher this year than he has been the past few seasons, I do believe Richard will be a nice matchup against some of the better LH hitters in the Indians lineup.

Also don't count it as a loss yet, most of the people ion this board said the same thing a couple weeks ago when Richard was going against King Felix in what was just his 3rd start in the major leagues.

Go Sox!

UofCSoxFan
08-31-2008, 12:50 PM

If we keep it close and get to their pen we'll win. Richard has been good as of late and he did be Felix Hernandez his last start.

Would I bet money on the Sox this game? No. But the good thing about baseball is a lot of time games that are "locks" for one team hardly end up that way.

StillMissOzzie
08-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Richard has been better in his last two starts than Danks has in his last two starts. Danks obviously is the better pitcher, by a wide margin. But Richard has been producing better recent results.

The White Sox aren't writing off the game against Lee. Obviously, they see a need to give Danks an extra day of rest. I hope he's a better pitcher for it. The Sox need him.

Coop was on the radio the other day and said that, as Danks is in uncharted waters w/r/t innings pitched per season, that are taking extra precaution to keep him available down the stretch.

If we keep it close and get to their pen we'll win. Richard has been good as of late and he did be Felix Hernandez his last start.

Would I bet money on the Sox this game? No. But the good thing about baseball is a lot of time games that are "locks" for one team hardly end up that way.
Just as that guy Liz with the 7+ ERA that started for Baltimore last week. As much as a prohibitive lock as some matchups look,...

SMO
:gulp:

TheOldRoman
08-31-2008, 05:38 PM
That's pretty much a loss...That sucks. I am still recovering from the automatic loss Richard had against Felix Hernandez a few weeks back.

JungleJimR
08-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Does anyone think that maybe Lee will be under a lot of pressure at home going for his 20th?

Otherwise this does look like a throwaway.

Tragg
08-31-2008, 05:48 PM
What's the theory behind pitching Richard out of the pen, then starting him 2 days later? They used to say pitchers had to be "stretched out" and all of that.
He's had 2 good starts in a row.