PDA

View Full Version : A Good sign...

Chisox_cali
05-14-2002, 12:22 AM
... of Babe being gone??

Durham dropped to sixth in the order Saturday, but whether Manuel is trying to light a fire or really will bench his second baseman isn't known. With three unproven starters in the rotation, the Sox may not be able to spare Royce Clayton's Velcro glove at short, and Jose Valentin is heating up after a slow start at the plate.

I also got some new nicknames for him:

Royce "0-fer" Clayton
Royce "Automatic out" Clayton
The Blackhole

Pete_SSAC
05-14-2002, 12:29 AM
Ummm... unless I read that wrong, that quote says the Clayton is NEEDED in this lineup because of his D.

- Pete

Chisox_cali
05-14-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Ummm... unless I read that wrong, that quote says the Clayton is NEEDED in this lineup because of his D.

- Pete

Yeah it did kind of confuse me too, but I guess I'm so blinded by my hatred for Crop Circles that I wish he was gone. But one can hope :(:

GASHWOUND
05-14-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
... of Babe being gone??

I also got some new nicknames for him:

Royce "0-fer" Clayton
Royce "Automatic out" Clayton
The Black-hole

Well, I don't know if their new but the middle one doesn't really roll of the tongue, the o-fer one kinda does...but I like the Black-hole one

Chisox_cali
05-14-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

the o-fer one kinda does...but I like the Black-hole one

Not to mention it's currently tru what is it like 0-17 or something? I willing to say that he WONT break out of an o-fer slump the way Paulie did

Kilroy
05-14-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Not to mention it's currently tru what is it like 0-17 or something?

Nope. Royce was 1 for whatever on Sunday...

RedPinStripes
05-14-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Nope. Royce was 1 for whatever on Sunday...

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo Hhhhhhhoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

BuehrleACE56
05-14-2002, 08:58 AM
Royce is needed for his defense behind our young pitching staff. So what if he can't hit? He bats 9th and the rest of the offense can more than compensate. I applaud him for his stellar defense and root for him every time he steps up to the plate. I just wish Manuel would pinch hit for him in clutch situations every now and then.

Garrison
05-14-2002, 09:00 AM
Royce is needed for his defense. So what if he can't hit? That is why he bats 9th. The rest of the offense can more than compensate. I applaud him for his stellar defense and hope that he does better at the plate. I just wish Manuel would pinch hit for him and in general do other smart managerial things.

bjmarte
05-14-2002, 09:18 AM
Whoa! Deja vu :D:

OfficerKarkovice
05-14-2002, 10:32 AM
Wow that is strange...although those are my thoughts exactly...just said twice :D: