PDA

View Full Version : Very cool moment today...

mccoydp
08-29-2008, 11:05 PM
I hired a home inspector for my new home purchase in early July 2008. I struck up a pretty good conversation with him, and we started talking about baseball. He informed me that he is the father of Rocky Coppinger, former pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles and Milwaukee Brewers.
We called him yesterday to fix a couple of inspection items on our home, and, today, he brought both of his sons, Rocky and Joe, with him! I guess that they both do work with their dad in addition to their day jobs. Rocky now works with the El Paso Diablos Minor League Baseball team here in El Paso. Joe was drafted by the Orioles and played some Class A ball. Both had Tommy John surgery. They all live within a few miles of me on our side of town.
It was great to talk to a couple of pitchers in person about baseball for an hour or two, while they fixed my anti-siphon water pressure valve. I told Rocky that I watched him pitch in Game 4 of the ALCS against New York in 1996, and he laughed...said he was sorry for putting me through that.
Anyway, they're all great, nice guys. I have some autographed baseball cards coming my way tomorrow. :cool:

goofymsfan
08-30-2008, 12:51 AM
I hired a home inspector for my new home purchase in early July 2008. I struck up a pretty good conversation with him, and we started talking about baseball. He informed me that he is the father of Rocky Coppinger, former pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles and Milwaukee Brewers.
We called him yesterday to fix a couple of inspection items on our home, and, today, he brought both of his sons, Rocky and Joe, with him! I guess that they both do work with their dad in addition to their day jobs. Rocky now works with the El Paso Diablos Minor League Baseball team here in El Paso. Joe was drafted by the Orioles and played some Class A ball. Both had Tommy John surgery. They all live within a few miles of me on our side of town.
It was great to talk to a couple of pitchers in person about baseball for an hour or two, while they fixed my anti-siphon water pressure valve. I told Rocky that I watched him pitch in Game 4 of the ALCS against New York in 1996, and he laughed...said he was sorry for putting me through that.
Anyway, they're all great, nice guys. I have some autographed baseball cards coming my way tomorrow. :cool:

Very cool!