PDA

View Full Version : Jim Parque in AAA eating PBJs

Garrison
05-13-2002, 11:05 PM
Check out these AAA stats on Jim Parque (combined before and after MLB call-up).....

6 starts: 0-5 record
9.40 ERA in 29.2 IP
33 runs (31ER) on 46 hits
11 dingers 12 walks

All I have to say about that is "OUCH." The guy sucks. He has some of the, if not the, worst pitching stats on that AAA team. He is on his way out of baseball at this rate. Crash and burn.

GASHWOUND
05-13-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
Check out these AAA stats on Jim Parque (combined before and after MLB call-up).....

6 starts: 0-5 record
9.40 ERA in 29.2 IP
33 runs (31ER) on 46 hits
11 dingers 12 walks

All I have to say about that is "OUCH." The guy sucks. He has some of the, if not the, worst pitching stats on that AAA team. He is on his way out of baseball at this rate. Crash and burn.

Yeah, just horrible, but I don't think he'll be on his way out of baseball. It make take him a few years to gain back his arm strength and velocity because of the surgery. But it will be for another organization.

RedPinStripes
05-14-2002, 01:26 AM
:butter
I like goober grape! pb&j in 1 jar! How creative!

ode to veeck
05-14-2002, 01:34 AM
It make take him a few years to gain back his arm strength and velocity because of the surgery. But it will be for another organization.

what organization is that, the international falls pigmy panzies?

MattSharp
05-14-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck

what organization is that, the international falls pigmy panzies?

Ouch, kinda a low blow wouldn't you say?

Jerry_Manuel
05-14-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I like goober grape! pb&j in 1 jar! How creative!

I like goober grape to.

Is there something wrong with me? (Don't answer that!) :D:

bc2k
05-15-2002, 01:00 AM
I have been a Parque hater for a while now, but I feel for the guy now. The man is hurt and his confidence has to be in the drain. He should be shut down and go back to some rehab. As much as I dislike Parque, he is better than his performances in the minors. He is too good of a pitcher to be getting shelled start after start.
I say give him a couple weeks of R & R in the Bahamas with his wife/mistress free of any thoughts of baseball, followed by dateless rehab. Don't rush him, just let him come back at his own pace. Parque was never one of my favorite Sox players, but don't kick the man while he's down. Good luck Jim. :smile:

RedPinStripes
05-15-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I like goober grape to.

I like goober grape too, and i'm perfectly normal .

Wish i could pitch in AAA. I can throw 75. close enough? I'd have goober grape all the time. :D:

Spiff
05-15-2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I like goober grape to.

Goober rocks.

RedPinStripes
05-15-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

Goober rocks.

I want steak!