PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Rick Reilly article about minor leagues and steroids

guillen4life13
08-29-2008, 06:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3554767&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

He makes light of those who got stuck in the minor leagues even though they were performing very well because the major league player who was blocking them was allegedly on the juice.

Something I had never thought about. I have to feel for these guys. They never got their shot and they did everything the right way (and did it well, might I add).

StillMissOzzie
08-29-2008, 11:20 PM
I read that, too. I dunno how serious he is, but he suggests a class action suit against all the juicers who kept them in the minors.

SMO
:o:

guillen4life13
08-30-2008, 01:29 PM
I read that, too. I dunno how serious he is, but he suggests a class action suit against all the juicers who kept them in the minors.

SMO
:o:

It's a suggestion that seems a little out there but I definitely think these guys deserve some extra money.

PatK
08-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I feel sorry for them having to toil in the minors, but that one guy has been on 15 teams.

So every player ahead of them on those various teams was juicing? They have definitive proof that the players that got called up when they didn't were taking steroids?

WhiteSox5187
08-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I feel sorry for them having to toil in the minors, but that one guy has been on 15 teams.

So every player ahead of them on those various teams was juicing? They have definitive proof that the players that got called up when they didn't were taking steroids?
I was thinking that too, but one guy was hitting .377 or something and didn't get a callup, it's not fair, but then again neither is life. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was some guy who had a lot of hype around him, goes to the minors and puts up good numbers but a guy on steroids puts up better numbers and gets the call.

EuroSox35
08-30-2008, 06:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3554767&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

He makes light of those who got stuck in the minor leagues even though they were performing very well because the major league player who was blocking them was allegedly on the juice.

Something I had never thought about. I have to feel for these guys. They never got their shot and they did everything the right way (and did it well, might I add).

Yeah, you don't know that

guillen4life13
08-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah, you don't know that

Touche.