PDA

View Full Version : I hated rooting for the Yankees today

JungleJimR
08-28-2008, 04:41 PM
I have been a Sox fan for over 50 years and I can't ever remember doing this before. This wild card thing makes life a little more interesting.
The Bosox are going to be tough this weekend. I'm glad we don't have to face Lester though.

KyWhiSoxFan
08-28-2008, 04:48 PM
I have been a Sox fan for over 50 years and I can't ever remember doing this before. This wild card thing makes life a little more interesting.
The Bosox are going to be tough this weekend. I'm glad we don't have to face Lester though.

The Sox beat Lester on August 8 and have a great record against lefties this year. I'd rather face Lester than Matsuzaka.

doublem23
08-28-2008, 05:02 PM
I'd rather face Lester than Matsuzaka.

Why? Dice-K Suc-Ks.

KyWhiSoxFan
08-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Why? Dice-K Suc-Ks.

Because he's 15-2 with a 2.98 ERA and when he faced the Sox, they could not hit him. He went 8 innings and allowed 4 hits, 1 run. It was his longest outing of the year. The Sox made him look too good, arguably, and were not patient with him at all. I'd rather race Lester than Dice-K.

doublem23
08-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Because he's 15-2 with a 2.98 ERA and when he faced the Sox, they could not hit him. He went 8 innings and allowed 4 hits, 1 run. It was his longest outing of the year. The Sox made him look too good, arguably, and were not patient with him at all. I'd rather race Lester than Dice-K.

I have no idea how his ERA is 2.98, but I love those walks and I love that WHIP (nearly 1.4).

Here are the Sox's current numbers against Dice-K. Not outstanding, but not worrisome, either.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pi/p-pvb.cgi?n1=matsuda01#choice=&bats=&minPA2=0&minPA=0&orderbydir=DESC&orderbydirb=ASC&n1=matsuda01&as=pitcher&year_game=career&opp_id=CHW&orderby=PA&orderbyb=Name

PatK
08-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Dice-K's is bound to run out of luck.

Hopefully, it starts tomorrow:gulp:

KyWhiSoxFan
08-28-2008, 06:35 PM
I have no idea how his ERA is 2.98, but I love those walks and I love that WHIP (nearly 1.4).

Here are the Sox's current numbers against Dice-K. Not outstanding, but not worrisome, either.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pi/p-pvb.cgi?n1=matsuda01#choice=&bats=&minPA2=0&minPA=0&orderbydir=DESC&orderbydirb=ASC&n1=matsuda01&as=pitcher&year_game=career&opp_id=CHW&orderby=PA&orderbyb=Name

That's a neat site. Is that a free site or do you pay to use that service?

areilly
08-28-2008, 06:36 PM

Scratch the first part of that first sentence and I'd swear you were talking about Livan Hernandez.

DumpJerry
08-28-2008, 06:54 PM
That's a neat site. Is that a free site or do you pay to use that service?
It's (mostly) free and it's addictive.

getonbckthr
08-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Walks are bound to catch up with you. The fact they haven't yet with Dice-K makes me more confident they will this weekend. I like the idea of our offense hitting balls off the monster opposed to warning track flyouts. Add in there hasn't been enough time for Kotsay and Bay to learn the quirks of that stadium.

Konerko05
08-28-2008, 10:18 PM
It's (mostly) free and it's addictive.

Yep. One of my favorite sites.

soxpride724
08-29-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm rooting for whoever plays Boston, not just for the Wild card but I hate them in general.:redneck

guillen4life13
08-29-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm rooting for whoever plays Boston, not just for the Wild card but I hate them in general.:redneck

True. the BoSox are my least favorite AL team outside of the Twins, and the only reasons I hate the Twins are the HHHDome and that they are our competition for the division title. Boston in general is a city I root against when it comes to sports. I hate their fans with a strong passion.

Edit: Fenway (the poster) is alright. Barely...

skottyj242
08-29-2008, 10:52 AM
See below.

soxpride724
08-29-2008, 11:32 AM
True. the BoSox are my least favorite AL team outside of the Twins, and the only reasons I hate the Twins are the HHHDome and that they are our competition for the division title. Boston in general is a city I root against when it comes to sports. I hate their fans with a strong passion.

Edit: Fenway (the poster) is alright. Barely...

Same here, be it the Pats, Celtics or Sawx I am rooting for whoever plays them period. I'm still jacked up over the Giants taking it to the Pats.:D: