PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Prospects

OEO Magglio
05-13-2002, 09:45 PM
Which pitching prospect do you want to see in the majors next? Right now I'd like to see Corey Lee, because he doesn't issue a lot of walks, and I'd like to see him get a chance first.

palehosemike
05-13-2002, 11:17 PM
You might see some prospects from the Barons get called up before Rauch and company.

Garrison
05-14-2002, 12:08 AM
Who is on the Barons that might get a call-up PHM? Fill me in.

palehosemike
05-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Check out today's farm section!

Randar68
05-14-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by palehosemike
You might see some prospects from the Barons get called up before Rauch and company.

There isn't anybody in AA that is ready or needed they way they were a couple of years ago. After Wunsch for bullpen help (with Porzio going down), Rauch, Lee, and Vining are the most ready to step in and help. Valentine is a year off at best and is behind Almonte for a similar role in the MLB bullpen. Lee can go 3 innings if need be.

With the current state of our major league team, we are trying to fill a couple holes in the bullpen and one in the rotation. As Biddle comes back to health and Glover moves back into the bullpen, the only questions that have the chance of being solved within the organization are bullpen and 5th starter if Biddle isn't effective. By that time, Jon should have straightened himself out.