PDA

View Full Version : Business dinners around the Cell

RustyKuntz
08-27-2008, 11:50 AM
So, normally I grab dinner at Cobblestone or Schaller's Pump before a game. But next Friday, I'm going with business associates and I need to find a nice sit-down business dinner place. (Not that the Cobblestone and Schaller's aren't nice...they're just less business-like)

Any recommendations?

Right now, I'm thinking somewhere on Taylor street...but would love to hear other ideas.

MushMouth
08-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Chinatown is an option - Evergreen (2411 S. Wentworth) is a safe option for a business-type dinner. Table cloths, good service, tame but good "American-Chinese" dishes. Or if they're more adventurous, plenty of other great chinese options.

Very close to the cell

Or Franco's (300 W. 31st)

nice little italian joint in Bridgeport

skobabe8
08-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Chinatown is an option - Evergreen (2411 S. Wentworth) is a safe option for a business-type dinner. Table cloths, good service, tame but good "American-Chinese" dishes. Or if they're more adventurous, plenty of other great chinese options.

Very close to the cell

Or Franco's (300 W. 31st)

nice little italian joint in Bridgeport

Franco's. Nice, classy Italian joint with cloth table cloths, nice hardwood floors, higher class menu. Also, Trattoria 31 on 31st St. Very nice Italian food. Similar to Francos in style.

alohafri
08-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Franco's. Nice, classy Italian joint with cloth table cloths, nice hardwood floors, higher class menu.

LOL Sounds like Tessio describing Louie's Italian Restaurant in the Bronx to the Corleones as the perfect location to whack McCluskey and Sollozo.

08-27-2008, 01:19 PM
LOL Sounds like Tessio describing Louie's Italian Restaurant in the Bronx to the Corleones as the perfect location to whack McCluskey and Sollozo.

"Yeah, I know the place. It's perfect for us. Good food, everyone minds his business. It's perfect. Pete ... they got one of those old fashioned toilets ... you know, the box and the chain thing. We might be able to tape the gun behind it."

In addition to the good suggestions above, Grace O'Malleys on south Wabash is a good choice, even better might be the Firehouse at 14th and Michigan. Also the Negro League Cafe on 43rd St. is a good spot for a business sit down dinner.

kittle42
08-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Why not just go downtown or in the South Loop?

Lundind1
08-27-2008, 01:39 PM
I live in the area and I would put my whole bankroll on Trattoria 31. That place has a good selection of contemporary Italian, sure to impress anyone and good service to boot.

RustyKuntz
08-27-2008, 01:57 PM
I live in the area and I would put my whole bankroll on Trattoria 31. That place has a good selection of contemporary Italian, sure to impress anyone and good service to boot.

I've passed by this place before. I just checked out the web site and it looks perfect. I'll give it a try.

I assume street parking is pretty easy there a couple hours before game time?

twentywontowin
08-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Depending on how laid back these guys are, why not try Buffalo Wings and Rings?

We've done business at Buffalo Wild Wings plenty of times with clients, then again I'm usually the kind of guy who doesn't care about impressing clients.

MeteorsSox4367
08-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Polo on 33rd and Morgan is nice with good food. However, they're also a bit expensive and the service can be slow at times.

Lundind1
08-27-2008, 02:07 PM
I assume street parking is pretty easy there a couple hours before game time?

Street parking is a breeze before the games. Just make sure that you are out around game time because they seem to enforce the parking restrictions right at game time. Quick and easy drive to the Cell >5 minutes.

thepaulbowski
08-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Street parking is a breeze before the games. Just make sure that you are out around game time because they seem to enforce the parking restrictions right at game time. Quick and easy drive to the Cell >5 minutes.

There are a bunch of nice family owned Italian places on Oakley just north of Western. Parking is free & easy and the food is fantastic. Bertucci's Corner in Chinatown is good as well.

tony1972
08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
There are a bunch of nice family owned Italian places on Oakley just north of Western. Parking is free & easy and the food is fantastic. Bertucci's Corner in Chinatown is good as well.

35th Street Red Hots is pretty snazzy if you really want to impress your clients..

LoveYourSuit
08-27-2008, 02:17 PM
So, normally I grab dinner at Cobblestone or Schaller's Pump before a game. But next Friday, I'm going with business associates and I need to find a nice sit-down business dinner place. (Not that the Cobblestone and Schaller's aren't nice...they're just less business-like)

Any recommendations?

Right now, I'm thinking somewhere on Taylor street...but would love to hear other ideas.

If you are going to the game, why not take them to the Stadium Club?

It has a very classy feel and it impresses any client I have taken up there in the past. Go to stub hub and see if you can buy some passes on the cheap or even call guest relations an see if they can take care of you for 1 night (tell them it's business and they might make an exception for you).

That's why the darn thing was built to begin with IMO.

twentywontowin
08-27-2008, 02:26 PM

Oh man, I could kill for Bruna's right now.

SouthSideSoxFan
08-28-2008, 09:49 AM
So, normally I grab dinner at Cobblestone or Schaller's Pump before a game. But next Friday, I'm going with business associates and I need to find a nice sit-down business dinner place.

I've often taken colleagues to the dining room in the Stadium Club at U.S. Cellular Field. That seems to always impress people that have never been there before and you can't beat the location. :)