PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Gavin and timely hitting win 8-26 Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
08-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Have at it.:D:

munchman33
08-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Could be two up by tomorrow. Woot.

hi im skot
08-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Gavin owned Baltimore tonight, and Carlos Quentin is unstoppable.

Go Mariners.

WhiteSoxOnly
08-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Yeah team,well done Gavin,go M's.

Frater Perdurabo
08-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Let's hope for a Twins loss tonight and a Sox win tomorrow.

Is it true the Sox won tonight without hitting a home run? :bandance:

sox1970
Great offensive execution, and Gavin was outstanding.

:bandance:

Blueprint1
Great game. Let's keep this thing going.

hi im skot

Swisher went deep in the first.

Brian26
08-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Jay Payton might be the only CF in the league with less range than Griffey.

Frater Perdurabo
08-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Swisher went deep in the first.

Oh, OK. Well, it's still good that we won.

I read that Swish got hurt? Will he be OK?

cheezheadsoxfan
08-26-2008, 09:57 PM
That was the most dominant game from Gavin in awhile.:bandance:
Nice relaxing game. Go Seattle!!!!!!!1

Rdy2PlayBall
08-26-2008, 09:58 PM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4199/gavinup7.jpg
Great game, was anyone else thinking no hitter into the 4th? :tongue: I was hoping, I have be hoping a lot this year! xD Great win, every one did good but Russel, but then again he only gave up one. :rolleyes:

sox1970
08-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Sox are 20 games over .500, and 10 games over .500 when Floyd starts (18-8). This team would be sunk without Floyd and Danks, and it bodes well for the future.

October26
08-26-2008, 10:02 PM
The Carlos Quentin (TCQ) now has 100 runs batted in! Wow!:bandance:

JB98
08-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Oh, OK. Well, it's still good that we won.

Early report: Leg contusion. Fouled the ball off his shin.

Tonight was Floyd's best outing in awhile. He's been pretty effective for us overall, but tonight you got the sense that Baltimore had no chance in hell against him.

Harry Potter
Solid W and great outing for Gavin.

Thankfully I didn't have to down a half bottle of Tums tonite

Let's go M's!!

DumpJerry
Per the postgame show on Comcast:
Lower leg bruise, day-to-day. Fouled a ball off it. He'll probably sit tomorrow, Thursday is an off day.

WhiteSoxOnly
08-26-2008, 10:06 PM
The Carlos Quentin (TCQ) now has 100 runs batted in! Wow!:bandance:

Didn't Kenny want to get someone like Carlos Quentin ? :wink:

turners56
08-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Great win. Nuff said.

kitekrazy
08-26-2008, 10:13 PM

You could almost say it was a boring game.

palehozenychicty
08-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Heard the good news when I got back to my buddy's apartment. Happy Happy Joy Joy!

:supernana:

all*star quentin
08-26-2008, 10:14 PM

Let's go M's!!

I needed your Tums:tongue:

Russell loaded the bases in the 9th!

TDog
08-26-2008, 10:17 PM
A great win tonight. Orioles fans would have considered it a sloppy game.

I might question the timely hitting label, though. I think the Sox left as many runners in scoring position as they scored runs. The White Sox pummelled the Orioles into submission. The score doesn't reflect how well they hit. And Ramirez did nothing offensively but drive in a run with an out. Some nights you don't need to dig very deep in your baseball team toobox to win.

The big lead probably helped Floyd, but that should take nothing away from his performance. He hasn't been going as deep into games as he should. This was good to see. I hope Danks can do as well Wednesday.

Jose.Contreras
08-26-2008, 10:17 PM
that's was a near perfect win tonight. We scored early and often. Sox hit the O's all over the field. Multiple extra base hits and 16 in all. OC goes 4-5 with 2 doubles and a triple, and including a sac fly. Gavin was dominant all night long. O's never threatened until Russell came in for the 9th.

Overall, a real nice and easy win. I wish we could win every game like this. Easy on the heart. Swisher will be fine too. He left with a lower leg bruise. nothing serious. he'll sit tomororw and rest on thursday's off day. Just get Linebrink back and effective and we're cooking. We need him in the pen. It's obvious we are paper thin there with Jenks the only real reliable arm in the pen until Linebrink (hopefully) gets back.

DickAllen72
08-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Hawk said the way he figures the rest of the schedule the Sox are going to come up one game short. The again, when is Hawk ever right about anything? :cool:

sox1970
08-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Hawk said the way he figures the rest of the schedule the Sox are going to come up one game short. The again, when is Hawk ever right about anything? :cool:

I'm just hoping the Twins tank on the road the rest of the season.

Maybe win one in Seattle, a couple in Oakland, and then get swept in Toronto.

I'm just going to assume the Twins will go 5-1 the last week of the season. I don't see the Royals beating them the last weekend.

Vernam
08-26-2008, 10:26 PM
That was a game we should've won. Therefore, it was a game we had to win. Last night, the Twins lost a game they "had" to win.

I hope we can stay on a roll heading into Boston. Our starting pitching has stepped it up, but we really have to prove we can beat the good teams, not just the crappy ones.

Vernam

sox1970
08-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Pretty safe to say Floyd will pitch Sunday in Boston?

ChiSox89
08-26-2008, 10:43 PM
very nice win. congrats to Q for a 100 rbi season. hopefully this is the first of many

OmahaSoxFan
08-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Great win tonight, Floyd is really becoming this staff's Ace in the Hole! Let's go Mariners, help us extend our AL Central lead to 2 games... we need these wins in Baltimore before the tough series in Boston this weekend, and we need to finish these guys off tomorrow!

SluggersAway
08-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Didn't Kenny want to get someone like Carlos Quentin ? :wink:

He wanted ACQ, not TCQ. :tongue:

"We wanted to upgrade at shortstop, get a setup guy for the bullpen, acquire Carlos Quentin, and not a guy like him but actually Carlos Quentin." - Kenny Williams

kitekrazy
08-26-2008, 11:10 PM

I could see it. The Sox are good at beating themselves. Right now it looks like the Twins are going thru a team slump. The last time they scored 3 runs it was by one player.

The Twins, Sox, BoSox and Yanks control their own destiny.

Seattle is beating the Twin 2-0.

kevingrt
08-26-2008, 11:11 PM
One of those nice late season wins we need. Got to push the momentum to tomorrow too.

doublem23
08-26-2008, 11:15 PM

This is the most positive thing you've posted in months... You should go see a doctor or something.

:tongue:

Konerko05
08-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Floyd looked great tonight. I was really encouraged to see his curveball still have that much bite this late in the season.

Did anyone catch his post game interview in the clubhouse? Man, I've never seen a player look that uncomfortable in front of a camera.

voodoochile
08-26-2008, 11:24 PM

Actually, the first two runs came on a homer, but who cares. PK had two doubles. Griffey is heating up. Gavin brought his A game and the Sox took a no name no talent pitcher and beat him like a rented mule.

:winner

:supernana: :bandance:

:)

:moonwalk:

october23sp
08-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Griffey is batting .348 with 6 rbi and 1 hr since i got his jersey.:bandance:

jabrch
08-26-2008, 11:54 PM
PK had two doubles.

He's talking to you Frater...

johnnyg83
08-27-2008, 12:04 AM
tremendous how our two big rotation question marks in March are our best starters in late August.

BadBobbyJenks
08-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Another good win and another 3 page post game thread.

Tonight was a treat to watch, good pitching, good defense, good fundamentals, and timely hitting without the home run.

DumpJerry
08-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Great win tonight, Floyd is really becoming this staff's Ace in the Hole! Let's go Mariners, help us extend our AL Central lead to 2 games... we need these wins in Baltimore before the tough series in Boston this weekend, and we need to finish these guys off tomorrow!
Tough? Javy, Burls and Floyd are scheduled. They have been more than "pretty good" lately.

RockJock07
08-27-2008, 12:27 AM
We are riding Gavin and John, I think there are handling it very well. Sometimes you see young pitchers tank at the end of the season, but these guys are doing pretty well.

Look the O's are bad, I'm excited to see what the Sox have in store for the Red Sox. Fenway is a great hitters park. Tonight is a great win, but this trip will come down to what they do in Boston and vs. a streaking Cleveland team.

Lets put our foot to the throat tomorrow and head to bean town on a 4 game win steak!

jabrch
08-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Tough? Javy, Burls and Floyd are scheduled. They have been more than "pretty good" lately.

I see no reason to believe this team won't be in the race all season.

Konerko05
08-27-2008, 12:31 AM

Yeah, that has pretty much happened already.

jabrch
08-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Yeah, that has pretty much happened already.

I love it when a plan comes together...
http://dunc-bank.zoy.org/hannibal.jpeg (http://dunc-bank.zoy.org/hannibal.jpeg)

kingpin_rcs
08-27-2008, 12:43 AM
Twins lose!

Thank you M's!

Konerko05
08-27-2008, 01:00 AM
A two game lead sounds massive right now.

johnnyg83
08-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Interesting social data that there are so many more people here when the sox lose. Is it that we need other people to help us mourn ... but can be happy by ourselves?

Somethin is up.

Konerko05
08-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Interesting social data that there are so many more people here when the sox lose. Is it that we need other people to help us mourn ... but can be happy by ourselves?

Somethin is up.

Have we had an "Official 'Let's Vent' Postgame Thread"?

That is basically what post game threads are for after a loss. It doesn't surprise me that those get more action. There is only so much you can say about a well played victory. After a loss, people need to get their frustrations out. Who else are they going to complain to about all the stuff that went wrong during the game? Plus the fact that they are mourning with other Sox fans probably helps.

Oldfellah
08-27-2008, 01:18 AM
yep,,, it's either Rah Rah or on the loss "Get rid of the whole team" deal..

Me,, I prefer to Roar!!:bandance::bandance:

Rockabilly
08-27-2008, 01:20 AM
A 2 game lead is huge right now but we have to keep winning and have a least 4 -5 game lead going into Minnesota..

Go Sox!!!

kingpin_rcs
08-27-2008, 01:36 AM

Somethin is up.

To me, coming here is kind of like therapy after a loss. This is the only place I can come to where I know people feel the same way I do. Even if I don't post, just reading the thread makes me feel a little better.

PeteWard
08-27-2008, 01:59 AM
I read W threads as much as L threads, but I admit to posting more on L thread in response to the jackass posts about each loss as a portent to the end or the humanity, or about how Ozzie is to blame for this loss because he should have pulled a pitcher at 97 pitches instead of 98, or Thome or Swisher or Cabrera or Crede or Konerko need to be benched until the end of time or....

...you know:rolleyes:

hawkjt
08-27-2008, 03:53 AM
I wish the sox did not have to face Cliff Lee on Monday in Cleveland. They are red hot(15-18) and he is Cy Young. It is bad luck running into them at this point. Boston is fighting for their life also. Just win tomorrow,please.

Mohoney
08-27-2008, 04:20 AM
Gavin Floyd now has 18 quality starts out of 26. Even more impressive is that he has only had 5 starts where he gave up 5 earned runs or more (4 games with 5, and 1 game with 6) this season. That's some big time consistency.

Plus, he's pitched his best against our primary competition. 3-1, 1.86 ERA, 0.86 WHIP, .168 BAA, .225 OBA against the Twins.

RadioheadRocks
08-27-2008, 04:56 AM

Let's go M's!!

My doctor says Mylanta :smile: and I'm glad I didn't need it tonight either!

Two games up, wheeee! :bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
08-27-2008, 07:07 AM
He's talking to you Frater...

I think it's fantastic that Paulie is playing well. The fact that he is hitting well is helping the offense score runs. I'm quite pleased!

delben91
08-27-2008, 07:27 AM

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Didn't you see the Sox blow the end of the suspended game last night? Hell, that pretty much foretold the Sox choking down the stretch and finishing a distant 4th in the AL Central. :scratch:

I think it's fantastic that Paulie is playing well. The fact that he is hitting well is helping the offense score runs. I'm quite pleased!

Let's trade him now while his value is high!! :tongue:

aryzner
08-27-2008, 08:12 AM

Somethin is up.
I think it's a bit like when someone buys something and it breaks or fails on them, it seems to me that people are more inclined to write a bad review of a product than writing a good one when something works just fine.

At least, from the people I know, that's how it seems. When something someone I know buys works really well, I never hear them say, "I'm going to write a letter to the company and tell them how great I think they are that they made such a fine quality product," as opposed to someone saying, "I'm going to write a letter to the company and let them know how disappointed I am!"

jabrch
08-27-2008, 08:32 AM

I know...I also know how shocked you are. :D:

jabrch
08-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Gavin Floyd now has 18 quality starts out of 26. Even more impressive is that he has only had 5 starts where he gave up 5 earned runs or more (4 games with 5, and 1 game with 6) this season. That's some big time consistency.

Plus, he's pitched his best against our primary competition. 3-1, 1.86 ERA, 0.86 WHIP, .168 BAA, .225 OBA against the Twins.

There are 29 other teams who would love to have Gavin Floyd.

Zisk77
08-27-2008, 09:02 AM
I avoid this and inside illini after a loss like its the plague. Blow it up!....Fire Weber!

I love not hitting into double plays with runners on the corners and one out. :wink:

Konerko is starting to give me a Bonerko :o:

voodoochile
08-27-2008, 10:15 AM

You got that permacopied to the clipboard yet or do you have a post you are copying over and over again? :tongue:

chisoxfanatic
08-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Watching the first couple of innings on TV before heading to the car, I just knew they were going to win this one from the get-go. They seemed to be so much more "into" the game than the O's, and it transfered to the field. Swisher's been looking pretty good lately. Hopefully he'll continue.

You can't say enough for Gavin Floyd. The guy's pitching like a true top-of-the-rotation guy. He has poise and the "stuff" necessary to be highly competitive.

It's so great to see the Twins have problems with the M's.