PDA

View Full Version : Women's jerseys

doublem23
08-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Ms. Doub would like a White Sox jersey, so I figured I'd get one from MLB.com. All they offer for women are the replica jerseys, with the cheezy looking iron-on logo, lettering, and numbers. All right, then I go to Grandstand's website and it's the same deal; I can get a jersey that's cut for a woman, but can't get the authentic lettering on it.

So, to any female posters or any guys that have bought a women's jersey for someone, is this just impossible to find? I can swear I've seen girls at Sox games before wearing jerseys that had the authentic lettering, but the jersey looked like it was cut for a woman. :scratch: Where can I find one if it exists? Or if not, how do the mens' jersey sizes compare to a woman's shirt size? She's between a woman's small and medium shirt, so I would naturally infer that would be a men's small, but whenever I start drawing logical conclusions like that when it comes to women's clothing, I am always wrong.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/images/smilies/gc/gc-help.gif

hi im skot
08-26-2008, 05:33 PM
I bought my sister a youth medium home Sox jersey at Dick's Sporting Goods. It's a "replica," but the Sox logo is sewn on similar to the authentic. Fits her well and looks less obnoxious then the "women's cut."

Take it to Grandstand (or just buy it there) and have them put on the "authentic" numbering.

doublem23
08-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Take it to Grandstand (or just buy it there) and have them put on the "authentic" numbering.

What do they charge for custom lettering?

DumpJerry
08-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Depends on the number of letters.

doublem23
08-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Depends on the number of letters.

Looks like she's getting a Jermaine Dye jersey and not a Pierzynski. :nod:

jenn2080
08-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Depending on the size of your misses I would go with a kids XL jersey. The women jersey's suck.

Screw Grandstand and MLB go to Triple Threat sports.

Jaffar
08-26-2008, 10:07 PM
I agree with the posts above, youth sizes are the way to go for any ladies needing a Sox jersey. Same goes for Bears jersey's.

hi im skot
08-26-2008, 11:20 PM

Usually about $60 or so. They haven't seemed to differ due to length.

Triple Threat Sports is cheaper, but Grandstand does a better job.

doublem23
08-26-2008, 11:23 PM

That's what I've heard; money's not much of an issue, plus I'd rather support the business that's in the city than out in the 'burbs. That, and I have no idea where Mokena is.

MsSoxVixen22
08-27-2008, 09:41 AM
I usually wear Youth XL jerseys but recently my Dad surprised me w/a Men's Medium Quentin jersey. I was worried at first, that it was going to be huge on me but it actually fits me great!And it doesn't make me look big or add any unnecessary "bulk"

ajismyhero
08-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Youth sizes are definitely the way to go - if she's between a S and M, you might be best off with a Youth Large actually.

johnr1note
08-27-2008, 11:05 AM
I'll agree with the posters before me, but warn that it depends on the woman's build. My wife and eldest daughter are thinner, so the Youth sizes work best for them. My other two daughters are both tall and have a little more "meat" on them, so we tried a men's adult medium, and that really works great. They like the "layered" look for their jersey anyway (wearing a long sleeve underneath) so the "bulkier" cut for the medium looks good. Plus, you can get the authentic version. The only unfortunate is after 2005, they all wanted Podsednik models ("Scotty is a hottie!"), so now the debate is which one they will get when (I said WHEN) the Sox win the series this year.

skottyj242
08-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Usually about $60 or so. They haven't seemed to differ due to length.

Triple Threat does a way better job than anywhere I have ever gotten a jersey. The number of letters doesn't matter at either of the places, only if you go to a place like Santo's.

hi im skot
08-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Triple Threat does a way better job than anywhere I have ever gotten a jersey. The number of letters doesn't matter at either of the places, only if you go to a place like Santo's.

I got a jersey at Triple Threat two years ago and the stitching isn't done as well as the jerseys I've gotten at Grandstand. Plus, the numbers on the front (it's a black alternate) are way too low in the front.

Picky little things, I know, but I've just been happier with the jerseys I've gotten from Grandstand.