PDA

View Full Version : Canseco announces his retirement

Jjav829
05-13-2002, 06:47 PM
Canseco retiring (http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0513/1382016.html)

Well so much for our backup DH. Not like we don't have a ton of backup DH's anyway.

Soxheads
05-13-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Canseco retiring (http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0513/1382016.html)

Well so much for our backup DH. Not like we don't have a ton of backup DH's anyway.

:canseco
"This is only my retirement from the Chicago White Sox. Do not be afraid, I will continue in my pursuit of 500 home runs!'

Max Power
05-13-2002, 07:36 PM
"This is only my retirement from the Chicago White Sox. Do not be afraid, I will continue in my pursuit of 500 home runs!'

Jose, your home runs for the Erie SeaWolves won't help you get to 500. Maybe I'll see you behind the counter at White Castle soon.

MattSharp
05-13-2002, 07:43 PM
It's about time. Now we can stop hearing about Jose the savior. You guys who think Jose would make a difference are like the Cubs who thought Fred McGriff and Moises Alou was going to give them the best lineup ever. Other the hill guys don't mean dick (no offense to old guys reading this)......

foulkesfan11
05-13-2002, 07:48 PM
At least that's over & done with. I think Liefer should be back up DH.

Soxheads
05-13-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
It's about time. Now we can stop hearing about Jose the savior. You guys who think Jose would make a difference are like the Cubs who thought Fred McGriff and Moises Alou was going to give them the best lineup ever. Other the hill guys don't mean dick (no offense to old guys reading this)......

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Cubs pick up Canseco....

mike squires
05-13-2002, 08:43 PM
i' glad he stuck around along enough for me to get an autograph baseball. i will forever keep it in my closet away from harm.

OfficerKarkovice
05-13-2002, 08:51 PM

I'm not sure I see why everybody is so glad this finally happened. I dont think that anybody actually expected Jose to be a vital part of this team. He did a good job for us last year and KW was just giving him an opportunity to play and see if any clubs would pick him up. Man I dont know what he ever did to any of you guys but give him a break. He wasn't even on the team and you are chastising for ruining the year.

OfficerKarkovice
05-13-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
At least that's over & done with. I think Liefer should be back up DH.

Was he not to begin with?...Jose was in AAA, where as Jeff was in Chicago.

palehosemike
05-13-2002, 09:40 PM
How funny! I took off the Jose Canseco tracker marquee today in the minor league section! I just had to use it for Melted Butter... He is now the focus of the Update marquee!

Garrison
05-13-2002, 09:43 PM
I loved the Can-Can Man when he was hear and it's sad to see him go. I don't know why or how you anyone could make fun of the guy or not like him. He played well, worked hard, and was a prescence in the clubhouse. Something you need with such a young team like we have. I hope someone gives him the chance to play and I am sorry that we weren't given the opportunity.

CerberusWG
05-13-2002, 09:47 PM
I think it's sad to see Jose retire. he always brought some excitement to the ballpark, and was a great guy from what I have seen from him on the field and to his fans. Hopefully he gave some good advice to the guys down at AAA.

Sad to see Jose go.

Daver
05-13-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
I think it's sad to see Jose retire. he always brought some excitement to the ballpark, and was a great guy

Sad to see Jose go.

Good thing you weren't married to him.

CerberusWG
05-13-2002, 10:03 PM
Way to leave out the

what I have seen from him on the field and to his fans.

daver. I knew he had his off-field troubles, but I was talking about him ON the field.

GASHWOUND
05-13-2002, 11:22 PM

Who ever thought Jose would be the savior for anything was high. If the guy wanted it so bad, than I think he should've tried hitting over .200 in Triple A. Sheesh, embarrassing

GASHWOUND
05-13-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Cubs pick up Canseco....

Their offense is so bad he would automaticaly become their 3rd best hitter if he was on the team.

Mathew
05-14-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Their offense is so bad he would automaticaly become their 3rd best hitter if he was on the team.

We could bring back the cheers for "Cansucko" :D:

ode to veeck
05-14-2002, 02:40 AM
Good thing you weren't married to him.

low blow , but good thing you weren't his ferrari either (in younger wilder days)

FarWestChicago
05-14-2002, 10:07 PM
Now Canseco says he's going to write a book and expose all the steroid users he knows about.

:shammy

What are steroids?

CLR01
05-15-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Now Canseco says he's going to write a book and expose all the steroid users he knows about.

:shammy

What are steroids?

and more.....

A day after announcing his retirement from baseball, Jose Canseco told ESPN Radio's Dan Patrick that he plans to write a tell-all book that will "name names" about Major League Baseball regarding women, steroids and more.

"Jose write book."

PaleHoseGeorge
05-15-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

and more.....

"Jose write book."

What Jose failed to mention is it will be a comic book.

"I've always loved Gil Thorp! My tell-all book will be the first in a picture story format. Marvel is my publisher!"

hsc1
05-15-2002, 01:34 AM
jose better be careful.. the toes he steps on today with his book are the ballot voters of tomorrow for his hof entry.......

RedPinStripes
05-15-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by hsc1
jose better be careful.. the toes he steps on today with his book are the ballot voters of tomorrow for his hof entry.......

He's not getting in the hall anyway.

ode to veeck
05-15-2002, 01:41 AM
I put my shirt back on, but I'm still carrying this stick around in case anyone here's short on respectability

ode to veeck
05-15-2002, 01:46 AM
and I'll do it one handed wif my eyes closed