PDA

View Full Version : Obama bashes Flub fans

1908<2005
08-25-2008, 04:13 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/1125194,obama082508.article

COPYRIGHTED TEXT

bigsoxfan420
08-25-2008, 04:19 PM
I can totaly "hear" him saying that. "Beautiful people up there." That is great.

spawn
08-25-2008, 04:20 PM
He wasn't bashing Cubs fans. What he said was said with tongue firmly in cheek.

whitesox901
08-25-2008, 04:31 PM
I still have no doubts that if the Cubs win it all, he'll be at the parade in a Cubs Jersey

doublem23
08-25-2008, 04:37 PM
http://www.gearsandwidgets.com/external/wherethisthreadgoing.jpg

bigsoxfan420
08-25-2008, 04:52 PM
I still have no doubts that if the Cubs win it all, he'll be at the parade in a Cubs Jersey

I would comment, but I get in trouble for talking politics.

thomas35forever
08-25-2008, 04:54 PM
http://www.gearsandwidgets.com/external/wherethisthreadgoing.jpg
Agreed. I see a bad future as well.

turners56
08-25-2008, 04:54 PM
I like how Obama doesn't care whether or not he's going to lose votes over this or not. In reality, he shouldn't. Anybody with an objective view will not count something like this against him, if they do, they don't know the difference between sports and politics.

jackbrohamer
08-25-2008, 05:01 PM
I have had many, many Cub fans tell me the same thing about Cub fans. Cub fans have waived any right to be indignant over being described in that way, since that is the image that they have cultivated for at least the past 25 years.

Martinigirl
08-25-2008, 08:18 PM

No doubt you were one of the people saying he was going to throw out the first pitch last October as well. Why can't you just accept he likes the same team as you do? If you don't want to vote for him fine, but the man has repeatedly and publically proclaimed his allegiance to the Sox. Does he need a tattoo for you to believe him?

I hate to point out the obvious, but if the man was pandering he would be saying he was a "Chicago fan".

MarySwiss
08-25-2008, 08:23 PM

No doubt you were one of the people saying he was going to throw out the first pitch last October as well. Why can't you just accept he likes the same team as you do? If you don't want to vote for him fine, but the man has repeatedly and publically proclaimed his allegiance to the Sox. Does he need a tattoo for you to believe him?

I hate to point out the obvious, but if the man was pandering he would be saying he was a "Chicago fan".

And IIRC, Obama refused to put on a Red Sox cap while campaigning in Boston--before he had the nomination locked up--because he's a White Sox fan. Sorry, whitesox901, but not every politician is Hillary Clinton (Cubs/Yankees/whoever else fan).

DumpJerry
08-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Some of the stuff he says sounds like he's a WSIer...........

Coolpapa
08-26-2008, 04:53 AM
Obama on Cubs fans: "You go to Wrigley Field, you have a beer, beautiful people up there. People aren't watching the game. It's not serious. White Sox, that's baseball."

MiamiSpartan
08-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Can't seem to find anyone else having posted this...
Anyone see Obama on Sportcenter last night? He basically said that wrigley was for the beautiful people, but if you wanted TRUE baseball fans, you had to go to the South Side, and that he would pull for the Sox in the event of an all-Chicago World Series....
No matter your politics, that is pretty cool.:smile:

turners56
08-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Can't seem to find anyone else having posted this...
Anyone see Obama on Sportcenter last night? He basically said that wrigley was for the beautiful people, but if you wanted TRUE baseball fans, you had to go to the South Side, and that he would pull for the Sox in the event of an all-Chicago World Series....
No matter your politics, that is pretty cool.:smile:

Already posted...in WTS.

btrain929
08-27-2008, 10:34 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105106