PDA

View Full Version : Per WSCR: Crede Activated, Wise to DL

UofCSoxFan
08-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Hopefully his back is back. Don't know if he'll be available today.

aryzner
08-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Is this the Dewayne Wise "needs" to go on the DL that someone else was talking about a week or two ago?

jamiebd
08-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Just Got this from my Ticket Rep. Thrilled to get that .125 Average back into the line up......

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Monday, August 25, 2008

WHITE SOX REINSTATE JOE CREDE FROM THE 15-DAY DISABLED LIST; PLACE DEWAYNE WISE ON 15-DAY DISABLED LIST

CHICAGO - Prior to tonight's game at Baltimore, the Chicago White Sox returned third baseman Joe Crede from his rehabilitation assignment at Class AAA Charlotte (back lumbar inflammation) and reinstated him from the 15-day disabled list. The White Sox also placed outfielder DeWayne Wise on the 15-day disabled list (retro to August 21) with a strained left adductor.

Crede, 30, is hitting .255 (79-310) with 17 doubles, 17 home runs and 54 RBI in 90 games with the White Sox in 2008. He has been on the disabled list since July 25 (retro to July 22) and went 2-16 (.125) in five games with the Knights.

Wise, 30, has appeared in 35 games with the Sox this season, hitting .288 (19-66) with two home runs and seven RBI. He injured his groin on August 20 vs. Seattle.

-30-

� 2008 Chicago White Sox

doublem23
08-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Mods, if you could fix the typo in the title, I'd appreciate it.

I don't get paid to clean up your mess.

:tongue:

btrain929
08-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Weird, I thought Guillen was saying for sure an arm was going to be coming up cuz he's been working short-handed for a while now.

UofCSoxFan
08-25-2008, 02:19 PM
I don't get paid to clean up your mess.

:tongue:

Thanks...I'll double your current Mod salary.

Optipessimism
08-25-2008, 02:22 PM
I never thought I'd see the day when I'd rather have Juan Uribe playing third than Joe, but that day has come. Juan's been doing a great job and I hope he keeps playing until he falls into a slump, but that's probably unlikely.

Rockabilly
08-25-2008, 02:24 PM
will he start or do we keep Uribe at 3rd base..

aryzner
08-25-2008, 02:26 PM
I never thought I'd see the day when I'd rather have Juan Uribe playing third than Joe, but that day has come. Juan's been doing a great job and I hope he keeps playing until he falls into a slump, but that's probably unlikely.
The keeps playing part or the falling into a slump part? :tongue:

UofCSoxFan
08-25-2008, 02:27 PM
will he start or do we keep Uribe at 3rd base..

I would think that no matter what Uribe will still get a good amount of playing time. Not only has he earned it through his play but it also is away to keep Crede as healthy as possible.

I still think we are better with a healthy Crede at third than Uribe...the question just reamins are we getting the Crede of the first month of the year (when he was healthy) or the one of the last 3 months.

RowanDye
08-25-2008, 02:27 PM

I'm just a little confused about Crede's status. I thought they wanted him to get his swing back a bit in AAA before bringing him back.

If he's healthy I think Crede gives us the best chance to win, but if he's anything less than 100% I'd stick with Uribe.

doublem23
08-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks...I'll double your current Mod salary.

That won't be necessary, I'm already posting this from a beach in the Caribbean, on top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful ladies.

Konerko05
08-25-2008, 02:29 PM
If Crede is mobile, I say start him at third immediately. I think Uribe will still get plenty of playing time. I doubt Joe is going to be playing every inning.

A healthy Crede makes our lineup much stronger. As much as I appreciate what Uribe has done, he probably isn't going to keep it up for much longer.

Uribe has also been wonderful at third, but he just doesn't have the instincts that Joe has. I've noticed a lot of balls getting by him because when the ball is hit, he moves towards the ball with his legs. Joe immediately leaves his feet and dives straight towards the ball. You will notice how much deeper Uribe has been playing.

Zisk77
08-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Without looking at the suspended games box score, I believe crede is currently in the game but Uribe has been used. That may explain why joe is reinstated now.

doublem23
08-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Without looking at the suspended games box score, I believe crede is currently in the game but Uribe has been used. That may explain why joe is reinstated now.

Correct, Joe is at 3B and Uribe at 2B.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200804280.shtml

PorkChopExpress
08-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Weird, I thought Guillen was saying for sure an arm was going to be coming up cuz he's been working short-handed for a while now.

Someone could be sent down and someone else brought up between the two games I suppose. Getz down, an arm up?

30DaysintheHole
08-25-2008, 03:44 PM
I bet Ozzie lets Crede will play out the rest of the first game and plays Uribe in the second game - a nice chance for a re-entry into the Majors. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we get a healthy #24 back.

oeo
08-25-2008, 03:55 PM
I bet Ozzie lets Crede will play out the rest of the first game and plays Uribe in the second game - a nice chance for a re-entry into the Majors. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we get a healthy #24 back.

Isn't Uribe already in the game? They'll both be in.

ms620
08-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Isn't Uribe already in the game? They'll both be in.

He meant that he will let Crede play 3rd for the remainder of the first game, and Uribe at 3rd in the second game. Nothing to do with Uribe being in game 1 already.

Rdy2PlayBall
08-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Isn't Uribe already in the game? They'll both be in.Yea, but for the second game, I'd guess Crede sits so Uribe can play 3rd since Uribe has done nothing wrong to lose the spot... Crede hasn't done much in the minors to gain it either.

I hope he comes back good though! :whiner:

DickAllen72
08-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Well, on days that Ozzie decides to start Crede back at 3B I would hope he also starts Uribe at SS for at least half those games.

FedEx227
08-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Well, on days that Ozzie decides to start Crede back at 3B I would hope he also starts Uribe at SS for at least half those games.

Start Uribe and get that damned .270 hitter as FAR away from our lineup as possible.

Konerko05
08-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Someone could be sent down and someone else brought up between the two games I suppose. Getz down, an arm up?

Getz down tonight.
Getz down tonight.
Getz down, Getz down, Getz down, Getz down, Getz down tonight baby.

.... Sorry about that.

kevingrt
08-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Juan should definitely start the second game instead of Crede. I cannot imagine Crede playing then sitting for an hour or so then playing again with the suspicious back.

WhiteSoxOnly
08-25-2008, 05:02 PM
That won't be necessary, I'm already posting this from a beach in the Caribbean, on top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful ladies.

And leave beautiful Peoria ?

khan
08-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Start Uribe and get that damned .270 hitter as FAR away from our lineup as possible.

Yeah, I get it about the "teal," but:

That ".270 hitter" with an unbelievable glove no longer exists. He went 'buh-bye' after 2006, when he stupidly didn't get the surgery done back then. He's transformed himself into the ".250 hitter" with tepid fielding thanks, in part, to his agent's greed.

Start Uribe @ 3B until further notice, I say. [And I can't believe I'm posting this...]

DickAllen72
08-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Cabrera has been playing so much better than Uribe lately.

Brian26
08-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Start Uribe @ 3B until further notice, I say. [And I can't believe I'm posting this...]

The way Crede played tonight, there's no doubt you have to play him everyday for his defense alone. The Sox got lucky and road Uribe's hot bat for a few weeks. That wasn't going to last anyway.

ChiSoxGirl
08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
The way Crede played tonight, there's no doubt you have to play him everyday for his defense alone. The Sox got lucky and road Uribe's hot bat for a few weeks. That wasn't going to last anyway.

I couldn't agree more. Crede made at least two defensive gems in the second game that either ended innings or kept the Sox's lead in tact.

Daver
08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
The way Crede played tonight, there's no doubt you have to play him everyday for his defense alone.

You're nuts, he's got like a hundred and some errors.

UofCSoxFan
08-25-2008, 09:28 PM

I agree. He'll eventually find his hitting stroke too, at least to the point as to what Uribe has given us.

That being said, Uribe's ability to play 2B and 3B allows us some good flexibility to rest some guys down the stretch. I think he'll still be in there at least 2 or 3 times a week at various positions.

khan
08-26-2008, 10:01 AM

I certainly hope Crede can continue to play defense like he did yesterday. But with an extant back injury, how confident are you in him being able to continue this form?

Because of this injury history, I'd still go with Uribe over Crede. [And I'm STILL stunned that I'm posting this...] Because this team has it's share of "IFs," I'd prefer to cross one more off the list. Crede's health is one more "IF" that this team does not need at this point, IMO.

Jaffar
08-26-2008, 10:14 AM
If Crede is healthy enough to play, he plays. If at some point he is no longer healthy enough to play Oooh Oooh ribe will take over.

FedEx227
08-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I get it about the "teal," but:

That ".270 hitter" with an unbelievable glove no longer exists. He went 'buh-bye' after 2006, when he stupidly didn't get the surgery done back then. He's transformed himself into the ".250 hitter" with tepid fielding thanks, in part, to his agent's greed.

I was talking about Orlando Cabrera, who still happens to be a .270 hitter with decent defensive, but he's not Chicago-tough nor did he play any part in the 2005 World Championship so we use him as a scape-goat.

kittle42
08-26-2008, 03:41 PM
I was talking about Orlando Cabrera, who still happens to be a .270 hitter with decent defensive, but he's not Chicago-tough nor did he play any part in the 2005 World Championship so we use him as a scape-goat.

I really hate terms like "Chicago tough." Glad I'm not the only one.

It's meaningless bull****.

ode to veeck
08-26-2008, 04:00 PM
You're nuts, he's got like a hundred and some errors.

LMAO

:tealpolice:

Mohoney
08-27-2008, 05:27 AM
Amen. I have no problems with what Orlando Cabrera has done this year. He's batting out of position, so I'm inclined to cut him some slack. For a guy who is not a leadoff hitter, he's gotten his fair share of big hits.

He's not hitting .300 like he did last year, but he's right in line with his career AVG and OBP, and he's producing his usual output in the stolen base department.

I'm not understanding where all the Cabrera hate comes from.

Frater Perdurabo
08-27-2008, 06:10 AM
I'm not understanding where all the Cabrera hate comes from.

He's not lived up to expectations, especially defensively.

Tragg
08-27-2008, 12:08 PM
He's not lived up to expectations, especially defensively.
He's better than Uribe. Not sure he's better than Garland....but he plus 2 draft choices makesit a reasonable proposal - let's just make sure we get them.

TomBradley72
08-27-2008, 12:52 PM
He's better than Uribe. Not sure he's better than Garland....but he plus 2 draft choices makesit a reasonable proposal - let's just make sure we get them.

Floyd/Cabrera > Garland/Uribe. It was a good trade for us.

CashMan
08-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Floyd/Cabrera > Garland/Uribe. It was a good trade for us.

Taco Bell Taco>Uribe

jabrch
08-27-2008, 01:02 PM
He's not hitting .300 like he did last year, but he's right in line with his career AVG and OBP

Post All-star break - .293/.331/.380 - that's not so bad...I'll take it.

jabrch
08-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Taco Bell Taco>Uribe

Uribe did a hell of a job at 3B when Joe was out.

Konerko05
08-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Taco Bell Taco>Uribe

I don't know about a taco. Bacon Club Chalupa for sure.

Why do they always discontinue the good things?