PDA

View Full Version : Sox in Baltimore 8/25-8/27: Who's going?

Marqhead
08-24-2008, 02:00 PM
I haven't picked a game to go to yet, but I'll probably end up going Tuesday, and possibly Wednesday.

Anyone else attending?

DSpivack
08-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Definitely going monday, not sure about tuesday or wednesday.

whitesoxwilkes
08-24-2008, 09:55 PM
I was all kinds of fired up to make what has become an annual trip out there.

However I decided last week that after being on the road 3 days last week and 8 days earlier this month it might be nice to not be on a ****ing plane for a week or so, so I bagged said trip.

I'll miss the fried pickles, but I'll be back.

DC Sox Fan
08-24-2008, 10:14 PM
I'll be there tomorrow night- still don't have tix but that's not an issue in Balmur these days. Not sure if I'll make it Wednesday or not.

I'll be wearing my jersey with the WS05 patch and my disgusting old hat that is long overdue for a wash.

Marqhead
08-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Also if anyone has any advice for what to see/do in or around the park it would be much appreciated. I'm going to try to get there a couple hours early to see BP.

Jollyroger2
08-25-2008, 09:22 AM
I haven't picked a game to go to yet, but I'll probably end up going Tuesday, and possibly Wednesday.

Anyone else attending?

I'd love to, but with work I don't know if I can, I have to leave real early nowadays to get up there from Northern Va with the traffic, and I can't often leave work until later.

petekat
08-25-2008, 12:12 PM
I work a few blocks from Camden yards, will be going to the Monday doubleheader and probably Tuesday as well. lot to do in town, inner harbor is the tourist area, there's also Fells Point and Canton. should be a lot of Sox fans on hand, especially with the Orioles doing their dog day tank, we should take over the stadium handily. Let's hope Bobby gets over his Camden-hex, i've seen him blow three saves there already.

Anyone else attending?

petekat
08-25-2008, 12:14 PM
anyone know which Baltimore divebar AJ and co went to in 05, when they heard Dont Stop Believing at a Karaoke bar. Wonder if they head back there this week for good luck

Also if anyone has any advice for what to see/do in or around the park it would be much appreciated. I'm going to try to get there a couple hours early to see BP.

whitesoxwilkes
08-25-2008, 12:20 PM
anyone know which Baltimore divebar AJ and co went to in 05, when they heard Dont Stop Believing at a Karaoke bar. Wonder if they head back there this week for good luck

Wharf Rat.

petekat
08-25-2008, 12:23 PM
wharf rat inner harbor or fells point? That's hilarious if its the one in inner harbor (close to team hotel). That's our hangout!

Wharf Rat.

CaptUSN
08-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Drive up from DC after work.... Semi-double header - what more could you ask?

whitesoxwilkes
08-25-2008, 03:46 PM
wharf rat inner harbor or fells point? That's hilarious if its the one in inner harbor (close to team hotel). That's our hangout!

Inner Harbor. I didn't know there was one in Fells Point until I went past it drunk as a skunk in a taxi on the way to the Ropewalk.

KempersRS
08-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Inner Harbor. I didn't know there was one in Fells Point until I went past it drunk as a skunk in a taxi on the way to the Ropewalk.

Ropewalk in Federal Hill?

I just moved 2 weeks ago from California to Baltimore. My street (Marshall) intersects with Ropewalk Tavern and the bar is about 200 yards away. Still trying to learn the area, but so far I am liking it quite a bit.

petekat
08-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Suprised they went to Inner Harbor. The one in Fells is out of the way and seems more like the out of the way place they'd hang out.

Who's going tonight? Spoke to about half dozen sets of fans in from Chicago, plus the regular local Balto/DC crowd. All told, seemed like we had a 1/4 of the crowd, certainly a lot louder. Relieved that the guy who jumped on the field was not one of ours--- I was in the first rowin section 54 next to the Sox dugout and the guys, especially AJ and Buehrle got a real kick out of seeing the guy get dragged away in handcuffs. For those of you not familiar with Camden,the first few rows next to the dugout jutout so you can see right into the dugout. Great seeing how laid back everyone was last night--- Ozzie carrying a long conversaion with Melvin Mora during several innings and distracting him long enough to let a ball skip through the IF, the impish Juan throwing stuff into the crowd.

asindc
08-27-2008, 09:18 AM
Suprised they went to Inner Harbor. The one in Fells is out of the way and seems more like the out of the way place they'd hang out.

Who's going tonight? Spoke to about half dozen sets of fans in from Chicago, plus the regular local Balto/DC crowd. All told, seemed like we had a 1/4 of the crowd, certainly a lot louder. Relieved that the guy who jumped on the field was not one of ours--- I was in the first rowin section 54 next to the Sox dugout and the guys, especially AJ and Buehrle got a real kick out of seeing the guy get dragged away in handcuffs. For those of you not familiar with Camden,the first few rows next to the dugout jutout so you can see right into the dugout. Great seeing how laid back everyone was last night--- Ozzie carrying a long conversaion with Melvin Mora during several innings and distracting him long enough to let a ball skip through the IF, the impish Juan throwing stuff into the crowd.

Are you talking about Monday's game(s)? I was there... when did that happen?

DSpivack
08-27-2008, 10:03 AM

I want to say maybe around the 6th or 7th inning? He ran onto the field from the 1st base side, then seemed to walk deliberately towards the Sox dugout, but not very quickly. Two cops were waiting for him, handcuffed him, and lead him up the stairs away.

petekat
08-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Yes monday night--- it must have been between innings, right around the eighth, which is why it wasn't on TV. I remember, because usually the starting pitchers are deep in the bowels of the dugout and don't show their face (though Javy was pacing around like a caged animal). The incident brought Buerhle and most of the bench, who were getting a kick out of it. The fan didnt get very far, he circled the length of the Sox dugout and then got forced down pretty quickly. Balto security must be in much better shape then the US cell keystone cops.