PDA

View Full Version : Thank You TBS

voodoochile
08-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Cool, another national broadcast today. Funny how the home station of the Braves gets it right but FOX yesterday broadcast the Braves/Cards game here in NC. :?:

WhiteSoxBlog
08-24-2008, 12:17 PM
when it's on TBS, you can also see it on CSN. At least... that's how it was last time.

voodoochile
08-24-2008, 12:24 PM
when it's on TBS, you can also see it on CSN. At least... that's how it was last time.

Yeah, they leave the local broadcasts alone, but for those of us who live out of area, it's a blessing. Seems like there have been fewer WGN games this season than in past years to boot and 2 or 3 of them were against the flubbies who would have broadcast the game anyway with flubbie announcers if the Sox didn't have the slot.

Marqhead
08-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Yeah, they leave the local broadcasts alone, but for those of us who live out of area, it's a blessing. Seems like there have been fewer WGN games this season than in past years to boot and 2 or 3 of them were against the flubbies who would have broadcast the game anyway with flubbie announcers if the Sox didn't have the slot.

Good thing! I'll get to see the Sox for the first time in a week!

SoxandtheCityTee
08-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Cool, another national broadcast today. Funny how the home station of the Braves gets it right but FOX yesterday broadcast the Braves/Cards game here in NC. :?:

And the Dodgers/Phillies in NYC. Because what New Yorker doesn't want to track Manny's every at-bat?

alohafri
08-24-2008, 01:05 PM

Not today. It is blacked out on Directv here in Willowbrook.

SoxandtheCityTee
08-24-2008, 01:14 PM
CSN is blacked out, or TBS? Because on my TV (RCN Cable), the Sox game is on and on TBS, nothing is on -- literally, a blank screen. I always figured this is because unlike Fox, TBS does not trump local coverage nor have multiple regional games. If you live in the markets of the teams playing on TBS, you get the local broadcast.

But how could Willowbrook not be in CSN's market for this area? :scratch:

alohafri
08-24-2008, 01:33 PM
CSN is blacked out, or TBS? Because on my TV (RCN Cable), the Sox game is on and on TBS, nothing is on -- literally, a blank screen. I always figured this is because unlike Fox, TBS does not trump local coverage nor have multiple regional games. If you live in the markets of the teams playing on TBS, you get the local broadcast.

But how could Willowbrook not be in CSN's market for this area? :scratch:

Sorry, I meant to say TBS is blacked out. CSN is coming in loud and clear (with the start of this game, I almost want to say unfortunately).

NU Nish 13
08-24-2008, 03:13 PM
rejoice! red sox/white sox next sunday is on tbs too.

DSpivack
08-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Power went out around noon, it's still out now (posting at a friends), otherwise I would have watched it. :angry:

soxfanreggie
08-24-2008, 10:44 PM
When they had the game on Fox, they were broadcasting the Cards-Braves here...:mad:. Luckily for watching game on the internet, just not as big as the big screen and also not in HD.

doublem23
08-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Sorry, I meant to say TBS is blacked out. CSN is coming in loud and clear (with the start of this game, I almost want to say unfortunately).

I believe that's the way TBS broadcasts work; local markets are blacked out of the TBS one, the game is still covered locally, but everyone out of market gets the TBS broadcast.

Nellie_Fox
08-25-2008, 12:47 AM
I believe that's the way TBS broadcasts work; local markets are blacked out of the TBS one, the game is still covered locally, but everyone out of market gets the TBS broadcast.Cool, because I get TBSHD here.

Kogs35
08-25-2008, 12:44 PM
september7th vss laaaaaa has been picked up by tbs

BringBackBlkJack
08-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Cool, because I get TBSHD here.

Yes, there is nothing better to watch on TV than an HD ballgame. Period.

Next Sunday will be Sox vs. Sawx on TBS; out-of-marketers rejoice! :bandance:

whitesox901
08-25-2008, 04:18 PM
SOX @ BOS on TBS next weekend too, cant wait!

kcsportscaster
08-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Yes, there is nothing better to watch on TV than an HD ballgame. Period.

Next Sunday will be Sox vs. Sawx on TBS; out-of-marketers rejoice! :bandance:

This out of market fan couldn't rejoice last Sunday BECAUSE DIRECTV HAD TBS BLACKED OUT BECAUSE I ALLEGEDLY LIVE WITHIN RAYS TERRITORY WHEN THE ONLY WAY ANYBODY IN BALDWIN COUNTY, ALABAMA CAN WATCH THE RAYS IS THROUGH THE DIRECTV SPORTSPACK WHENEVER THEY ARE ON FSN FLORIDA, WHICH SUNDAY'S GAME WAS NOT!!!! I.E., FSN Florida is NOT available on basic cable ANYWHERE in Alabama. FSN South and SportSouth are the two RSNs available on basic cable in Alabama. I raised hell at DirecTV, only to hear that they are not responsible for blackouts, and MLB Advanced Media, who was only interested in selling me mlb.tv. Therefore, I missed one of the most exciting comebacks of the season because the Rays had to insist that TBS be blacked out in the Mobile market despite not televising the game on FSN Florida.

WTMF????????:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::an gry::angry::angry:

BringBackBlkJack
08-26-2008, 11:26 PM
This out of market fan couldn't rejoice last Sunday BECAUSE DIRECTV HAD TBS BLACKED OUT BECAUSE I ALLEGEDLY LIVE WITHIN RAYS TERRITORY

That is some major BS, man. I don't see how Alabama could even remotely be considered Rays territory. ****, Florida shouldn't even been considered Rays territory seeing as how no one there seems to care about their home teams.

voodoochile
08-26-2008, 11:52 PM
This out of market fan couldn't rejoice last Sunday BECAUSE DIRECTV HAD TBS BLACKED OUT BECAUSE I ALLEGEDLY LIVE WITHIN RAYS TERRITORY WHEN THE ONLY WAY ANYBODY IN BALDWIN COUNTY, ALABAMA CAN WATCH THE RAYS IS THROUGH THE DIRECTV SPORTSPACK WHENEVER THEY ARE ON FSN FLORIDA, WHICH SUNDAY'S GAME WAS NOT!!!! I.E., FSN Florida is NOT available on basic cable ANYWHERE in Alabama. FSN South and SportSouth are the two RSNs available on basic cable in Alabama. I raised hell at DirecTV, only to hear that they are not responsible for blackouts, and MLB Advanced Media, who was only interested in selling me mlb.tv. Therefore, I missed one of the most exciting comebacks of the season because the Rays had to insist that TBS be blacked out in the Mobile market despite not televising the game on FSN Florida.

WTMF????????:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::an gry::angry::angry:

I feel your pain. Here in NC, FSN picked up the Orioles to cover as their baseball team, so I am blacked out of MLB.TV for O's games, but the O's are NEVER on here in Jacksonville. It's like some twisted game of gotcha...

nkcomp
08-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Funny how the home station of the Braves gets it right but FOX yesterday broadcast the Braves/Cards game here in NC. :?:

FOX showed the Braves/Cards game in Champaign as well...

voodoochile
08-27-2008, 09:22 AM
FOX showed the Braves/Cards game in Champaign as well...

Now that's sick. Since when is Champaign south enough to be considered Cardinal territory. Springfield I understand, but Champaign?

doublem23
08-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Now that's sick. Since when is Champaign south enough to be considered Cardinal territory. Springfield I understand, but Champaign?

Not familiar with the I-74 "Demilitarized Zone", eh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_74_in_Illinois)?

Fans of the Chicago Cubs and the St. Louis Cardinals joke that I-74 marks the "Demilitarized Zone" between Cubs and Cardinals "territories", the baseball rivalry equivalent of the 38th parallel between North and South Korea.

http://www.northwestplaces.com/tripsIL/Chicago1090_files/image005.jpg