PDA

View Full Version : BMac Makes First Start Of The Season

nug0hs
08-23-2008, 04:24 PM
...tonight vs. the Tribe. First action since Sept 20, 2007. He says hes "very excited" to be back. Lets see how he does. Great trade Kenny :bandance:

voodoochile
08-23-2008, 05:01 PM
...tonight vs. the Tribe. First action since Sept 20, 2007. He says hes "very excited" to be back. Lets see how he does. Great trade Kenny :bandance:

I was just looking up how he was doing yesterday with all the talk of KW's failures/successes, I was wondering.

Good article in the news section of his profile on how he hasn't been using his legs and that's what led to the arm troubles he was experiencing and that all it took was one talk with new Rangers' President, Nolan Ryan for it to finally sink in. McCarthy promptly went down to AAA on a rehab assignment and pitched two shutouts prompting his promotion back to the big league club. Hope he does well because either way I'm happy with Danks.

Scottiehaswheels
08-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Based on his last "Power Rankings", Phil Rogers still thinks BMac is more advanced than Danks. :scratch::roflmao::kukoo::smokin::nuts: It's good to see that delusion is still alive and well with Mr. Rogers.

DSpivack
08-23-2008, 05:34 PM
I was just looking up how he was doing yesterday with all the talk of KW's failures/successes, I was wondering.

Good article in the news section of his profile on how he hasn't been using his legs and that's what led to the arm troubles he was experiencing and that all it took was one talk with new Rangers' President, Nolan Ryan for it to finally sink in. McCarthy promptly went down to AAA on a rehab assignment and pitched two shutouts prompting his promotion back to the big league club. Hope he does well because either way I'm happy with Danks.

Plus Masset got us Griffey; and who was the 3rd pitcher in the deal?

slavko
08-23-2008, 06:00 PM
I used to see the Mark Prior chicken wingy defect in his motion. I hope for his sake the legs are the answer.

PatK
08-23-2008, 07:07 PM
B Mac?

B Mac?

Last time I checked, his last name is McCarthy.

Pronounced "Mick-Carthy". Not "Mac-Carthy"

I loathe the stupid "we can't come up with a nickname, so we'll use a few letters" trend in nicknames.

Daver
08-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Plus Masset got us Griffey; and who was the 3rd pitcher in the deal?

Jacob Rasner.

getonbckthr
08-23-2008, 08:43 PM
B Mac?

B Mac?

I loathe the stupid "we can't come up with a nickname, so we'll use a few letters" trend in nicknames.
MAC is a pretty standard nickname for anyone with the lact name starting with "MAC" or "MC" not sure why people are bothered so much.

Adele_H
08-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Hope he does well because either way I'm happy with Danks.

It's important for MaCarthy to do well long-term.

1. It would tell Rangers that we aren't a low-class organization that peddles in injury-prone busts as some around baseball may believe. That bodes well for KW finding good trading partners in the future. That's one of the reasons I try to root for certain ex-Sox like Gio, Rowand, Sweeney, Young, Chris Carter, Lumsden, etc.

2. It vindicates KW/Sox farm system a little - as in, they took a low-rounder and turned him into a reallly good major leaguer.

Adele_H
08-23-2008, 09:11 PM

Speaking of which.... Clayton Richard could stand to use his legs a little more, too.

DSpivack
08-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Jacob Rasner.

Thanks, couldn't remember.

How is he doing thus far?

Hitmen77
08-23-2008, 09:15 PM
B Mac?

B Mac?

IIRC McCarthy himself logged on to this site a few years ago and called himself "B Mac".

Stupid McCarthy. Can't come up with his own nickname. Doesn't even know how his own name is pronounced.

Adele_H
08-23-2008, 09:58 PM
IIRC McCarthy himself logged on to this site a few years ago and called himself "B Mac".

Stupid McCarthy. Can't come up with his own nickname. Doesn't even know how his own name is pronounced.

McCarthy used to post at Soxtalk while still with the Sox, and that ^ was his screen name.

FarWestChicago
08-23-2008, 10:49 PM
McCarthy used to post at Soxtalk while still with the Sox, and that ^ was his screen name.That doesn't make it any less pathetic or lame.

Adele_H
08-23-2008, 11:57 PM
That doesn't make it any less pathetic or lame.

Eh. Everything is pathetic & lame these days, 'West. You know how that goes. Such is life. :cool:

KyWhiSoxFan
08-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks, couldn't remember.

How is he doing thus far?

Rasner is at Winston-Salem and has had some good outing. They have moved him into a starter's role, maybe to get him more innings and experience. I think he does better as a mid-reliever. He's 6'4" and 210, so he has the size, and he's still just 21.

In his 11 games as a reliever, he has an ERA of 2.08. In 16 games as a starter, he has an ERA of 4.07. He has a higher K rate to innings pitched as a starter, though, and last out he struck out 9 in 6 innings.

Here's Rasner's stats:
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Jacob%20Rasner&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=489229

Frater Perdurabo
08-24-2008, 01:12 PM
I wish McCarthy success in Texas. Goodness knows they need all the pitching help they can get. But as a flyball RHP, he's going to give up a lot of XBHs in Arlington.

doublem23
08-25-2008, 10:54 AM
MAC is a pretty standard nickname for anyone with the lact name starting with "MAC" or "MC" not sure why people are bothered so much.

:geezer:

In the old country, if a man mistakenly referred to someone whose name is "Mic" with "Mac," that was grounds to burn and pillage his town and salt their farmlands so nothing every grew there again.

soltrain21
08-25-2008, 10:59 AM
His final stat line was never even talked about. How did he do?

doublem23
08-25-2008, 11:03 AM

4 IP, 3 H, 1 R (earned), 4 BB, 3 K, 75 pitches 41 strikes

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TEX/TEX200808230.shtml

voodoochile
08-25-2008, 11:04 AM

Is the Internet broken again? :tongue:

He pitched 4 innings. I think they had him on a limited pitch count because he threw exactly 75 pitches.

He struck out 3 walked 4 and allowed one run.

eriqjaffe
08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Plus Masset got us GriffeyI do not consider this a plus.

Zisk77
08-25-2008, 11:25 AM
I do not consider this a plus.

I do.

soltrain21
08-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Is the Internet broken again? :tongue:

He pitched 4 innings. I think they had him on a limited pitch count because he threw exactly 75 pitches.

He struck out 3 walked 4 and allowed one run.

Well hey, I assumed this thread would you know...TALK about the game he pitched in. :tongue:

LoveYourSuit
08-25-2008, 02:18 PM
I do not consider this a plus.

Griffey has already helped us win at least 3 games with the bat. Including the 2B yesterday to set up the BA tie scoring run.

Might be the differene in the division when it's all done.