PDA

View Full Version : No Balls!

RedPinStripes
05-13-2002, 07:26 AM
Why is it that Manuel will sit Ray, Jose, Lee, Maggs, Lofton, but not Frank or K-Layton? Would this be because we all know both of these babies would throw a tantrum and stir things up in the club house?

Frank just came back from surgury, he's hitting like ****, and JM won't sit him. K-layton only sits if he has a tooth pulled or an ingrown toe nail. Damn sissy!

foulkesfan11
05-13-2002, 07:57 AM
JM does have no balls! Thomas & Clayton both need to be benched!

Kilroy
05-13-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Why is it that Manuel will sit Ray, Jose, Lee, Maggs, Lofton, but not Frank or K-Layton? Would this be because we all know both of these babies would throw a tantrum and stir things up in the club house?

Frank just came back from surgury, he's hitting like ****, and JM won't sit him. K-layton only sits if he has a tooth pulled or an ingrown toe nail. Damn sissy!

It could be that we're seeing more Graffanino because they are taking a look at life w/out Ray in anticipation of a trade.

As far as Frank, you're right, he is coming off surgery, and a year off. Putting him on the bench as punishment for poor performance isn't going to help him get back to where he needs to be. He can only play his way back.

As far as Clayton, this team had better not be counting on him for anything more than what he gives on D. Any offense he provides is gravy. That being the case, since his D has been damn good, he plays.

Procol Harum
05-13-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

It could be that we're seeing more Graffanino because they are taking a look at life w/out Ray in anticipation of a trade.

Tantalizing possibility, but who ya gonna get to take on Durham's paycheck in a contract year?? Sounds like it might be appealing to a real contender, but is a contender going to have a #2 or #3 quality starter--which is what we absolutely have to have--that they're willing to give up? Doesn't seem likely--subtracting pitching for a streaky Second Baseman would be a bonehead move. Maybe KW would make that kind of a deal if he was in the other team's shoes--but it's hard to find another general manager with KW's uh, um, "acumen."

Kilroy
05-13-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

Tantalizing possibility, but who ya gonna get to take on Durham's paycheck in a contract year?? Sounds like it might be appealing to a real contender, but is a contender going to have a #2 or #3 quality starter--which is what we absolutely have to have--that they're willing to give up? Doesn't seem likely--subtracting pitching for a streaky Second Baseman would be a bonehead move. Maybe KW would make that kind of a deal if he was in the other team's shoes--but it's hard to find another general manager with KW's uh, um, "acumen."

I agree with that. I wasn't suggesting that there was a deal out there, only that management could be looking at that because they are hoping they could deal him.

Procol Harum
05-13-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

I agree with that. I wasn't suggesting that there was a deal out there, only that management could be looking at that because they are hoping they could deal him.

I hear ya. This wouldn't be the first instance of delusional thinking coming from the Sox front office suites.

RedPinStripes
05-13-2002, 04:21 PM
I hope you're right KillRoy. We all know Ray won't be here next year, so why not get something for him. Tony is filling Ray's shoes pretty nicely as of now.