PDA

View Full Version : ooh oooh ooooh oooooh UUUUUriiiibeeee

Gammons Peter
08-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Cowley was on WSCR this morning talking about the Uribe chant (that he does for himself) It was absolutely hysterical. Joe said to watch his mouth in the dugout next time after he goes deep, he'll be doing the oooh oooh Uribeeeee chant. I want somebody from the Sox to tape him doing it and play it on the Jumbotron with some loud oooh oooh audio booming through the stadium.

skottyj242
08-22-2008, 08:50 AM
I am an official fan of John Uribe.

ElevenUp
08-22-2008, 08:54 AM
That interview with Cowley was pretty funny, talking about how Griffey was trying to figure out Uribe when he first got here. And the part about asking Uribe who name his teammates from the 2005 team: "white guy"

oeo
08-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Cowley was on WSCR this morning talking about the Uribe chant (that he does for himself) It was absolutely hysterical. Joe said to watch his mouth in the dugout next time after he goes deep, he'll be doing the oooh oooh Uribeeeee chant. I want somebody from the Sox to tape him doing it and play it on the Jumbotron with some loud oooh oooh audio booming through the stadium.

You could hear it after he hit his homerun in Oakland last week.

Although, it sounded like someone was yelling "oooh!" and the other guys were yelling "ribe!"

Gammons Peter
08-22-2008, 08:59 AM
I really want to see it on the Jumbotron. I would film it by starting off with a black screen with just the audio on, starting soft... "ooh oooh" then getting louder "OOOOH OOOOOH" then an extreme close up of Juans face mouthing the final "OOOOOOOH URIIIIBEEEEEEEEEE"

jabrch
08-22-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm thinking about when Baines used to be here and they would put HAR ROLD on the scoreboard.

I'm thinking...

Ooooooh Ribeeeeeeee
Ooooooh Ribeeeeeeee
Ooooooh Ribeeeeeeee
Ooooooh Ribeeeeeeee
Ooooooh Ribeeeeeeee
Ooooooh Ribeeeeeeee
Ooooooh Ribeeeeeeee
Ooooooh Ribeeeeeeee

pythons007
08-22-2008, 10:40 AM
I heard that on the WSCR this morning and almost pissed my pants. I want to hear that everytime he comes to the plate. That should be his AB music. I want to hear more about Uribe now! He sounds hilarious. Buehrle is Bailey and Jermaine Dye is white guy. Oh that is tooooo much!!

fram40
08-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Cowley's hilarious discussion with Mully/Hanley now available on the score's website well worth a listen

www.670thescore.com (http://www.670thescore.com)

doublem23
08-22-2008, 10:54 AM
I don't care what happens with Juan this off-season, I'm always going to remember the good times.

turners56
08-22-2008, 11:00 AM
"What's his name?" *Points to JD...

"White guy"

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

Too bad Carl Everett wasn't there when they did this.

If Juan played for the Indians, his war cry would be a good advertising tool.

pdimas
08-22-2008, 11:03 AM
http://www.670thescore.com/episode_download.php?contentType=36&contentId=2846357

There is the link to download the interview from the Score as an mp3 file for anyone that missed it.

Law11
08-22-2008, 11:05 AM
I heard that live as well and was thinking how do we translate that into the stands, then i thought maybe its best kept as a team thing.

Either way its cool to hear the inside scoop on some of this kind of stuff.

Im digging Mully and handly. Ive stopped listening to M&M now since North was shown the door.

EMachine10
08-22-2008, 11:07 AM
As each day passes since he's started playing again, I want him around for a long time. He can play such a stellar defense, but it's his personality and effect on the clubhouse that is key to this team.

Edit: I still want to hear the Alexei interview, but it still is not working.

jenn2080
08-22-2008, 11:10 AM
So wait a minute. 95% of the time you guys think the guy doesn't even deserve to stand on the field in a White Sox uniform and now you want his chant to be on the scoreboard? You people are insane.

turners56
08-22-2008, 11:18 AM
So wait a minute. 95% of the time you guys think the guy doesn't even deserve to stand on the field in a White Sox uniform and now you want his chant to be on the scoreboard? You people are insane.

Everybody likes the player who's doing well, no matter how bad he was before.

It seems like whenever Uribe plays 3rd base, he's better at the plate. He's up to a .240 average now with a .300 OBP. He hasn't done that for a couple of years!

Remember back in 04, when Uribe was one of the best offensive 2B in baseball? Yeah, he also played 27 games at 3B that year.

Uribe's overall numbers while playing at 3B (small sample size)

54 G, 159 AB, 25 R, 45 H, 13 2B, 4 HR, 18 RBI, 10 BB, 30 K, .283 AVG, .327 OBP, .465 SLG, .793 OPS.

It is a small sample size (much smaller than his time at 2B and SS), but he tends to hit better while playing 3B. He's a .250 hitter at both 2B and SS. I guess he feels more important at a corner position...?

Law11
08-22-2008, 11:21 AM

Arent we though? :makefaces::makefaces:

DSpivack
08-22-2008, 11:27 AM
http://www.670thescore.com/episode_download.php?contentType=36&contentId=2846357

There is the link to download the interview from the Score as an mp3 file for anyone that missed it.

That was just an interview Dan Patrick had with Lou Piniella.

tacosalbarojas
08-22-2008, 12:36 PM
A bunch of the guys were doing this chant in one of the clubhouse celebrations in '05 around Juan.

Konerko05
08-22-2008, 12:44 PM
After he hit the homerun Sunday, several players were waiting for him by the stairs. As he was approaching the dugout, Swisher would start with the OOOOOOH and the rest of the players would follow the RIBEEE.

You can also notice Juan walking through the dugout going OOOOH OOOOH OOOOOH OOOOH. It is hilarious.

I even heard Cooper scream OOOOOH!! when trying to get Uribe's attention to congratulate him. He seems like a really good guy that all the other players enjoy.

jenn2080
08-22-2008, 01:17 PM
:rolleyes:

:threadsucks

You all need to jump off my wagon. I cannot wait until Juan ****s up and you all are back off your clouds.

Konerko05
08-22-2008, 01:29 PM
You all need to jump off my wagon. I cannot wait until Juan ****s up and you all are back off your clouds.

Yeah god forbid players and fans being happy and enjoying themselves for a little while.

jenn2080
08-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah god forbid players and fans being happy and enjoying themselves for a little while.

Oh I am totally happy that Juan is such a presence in the clubhouse, but you guys are acting like he has been #1 in your life since he joined the team. I just want everyone to stop being farweather fans.

Konerko05
08-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Oh I am totally happy that Juan is such a presence in the clubhouse, but you guys are acting like he has been #1 in your life since he joined the team. I just want everyone to stop being farweather fans.

Why shouldn't fans be happy when one of their team's players is playing well? He is contributing to us going to the playoffs right now. I'm certainly not going to root against it. I don't see a problem with it. Plus fans always enjoy stories of players having fun in the dugout.

russ99
08-22-2008, 01:38 PM
One of my favorite Sox memories is getting tickets in the Club level for the first Red Sox playoff game in '05 and midway through the slaughter, a bunch of Latino Sox fans started singing "One Run Uribe!" to the tune of "Guantanamera". Awesome... :D:

doublem23
08-22-2008, 01:39 PM

A thread with 23 posts, 3 of them your own... EVERYBODY'S GOING CRAZY!!!

TRK
08-22-2008, 01:48 PM

Here is the corrected link: http://www.670thescore.com/episode_download.php?contentType=36&contentId=2846363

It's Dankerific
08-22-2008, 01:50 PM

Sample from Uribe in the Cradle:

Uribe played SS just the other year, he said thanks for the ball, fans, come on lets play. Can you cheer me when I throw? The fans said "Not today, I got alot of players to cheer for" Uribe said thats ok.
And as he walked away, his smile never dimmed and said:
"I'm going to be like those fans, yeah, you know Im going to be like those fans"

He came to the dugout from hitting a HR, So much like an all-star I just had to say, "Uribe I'm proud of you, Can you sit for a while? He shook his head, and said with a smile, "What I'd really like, fans, is to borrow the car keys, see ya later can I have them please??"

The fans have long since jumped on the bandwagon, but Uribe's moved away. The fairweather fans called him up the other day. "I'd like to see you hit and throw, if you don't mind." Uribe replied "I'd love to fairweather fans, If I could find the time, but my new team's a hassle and the 3b is hurt, but it's sure been nice talking to you fans, its been sure nice talking to you."

And as the fairweather fans hung up the phone, it occurred to them, "Uribe is just like us, He's grown to be just like us...."

Damn fairweather fans. ITS TOO LATE FOR YOU TO APPRECIATE URIBE!!!!!

Konerko05
08-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Sample from Uribe in the Cradle:

Uribe played SS just the other year, he said thanks for the ball, fans, come on lets play. Can you cheer me when I throw? The fans said "Not today, I got alot of players to cheer for" Uribe said thats ok.
And as he walked away, his smile never dimmed and said:
"I'm going to be like those fans, yeah, you know Im going to be like those fans"

He came to the dugout from hitting a HR, So much like an all-star I just had to say, "Uribe I'm proud of you, Can you sit for a while? He shook his head, and said with a smile, "What I'd really like, fans, is to borrow the car keys, see ya later can I have them please??"

The fans have long since jumped on the bandwagon, but Uribe's moved away. The fairweather fans called him up the other day. "I'd like to see you hit and throw, if you don't mind." Uribe replied "I'd love to fairweather fans, If I could find the time, but my new team's a hassle and the 3b is hurt, but it's sure been nice talking to you fans, its been sure nice talking to you."

And as the fairweather fans hung up the phone, it occurred to them, "Uribe is just like us, He's grown to be just like us...."

Damn fairweather fans. ITS TOO LATE FOR YOU TO APPRECIATE URIBE!!!!!

It was a nice attempt. I'll give you credit for the effort.

pdimas
08-22-2008, 02:15 PM
That was just an interview Dan Patrick had with Lou Piniella.

The link must be screwy on the website it says its the the Joe Cowley interview from 8/22 sorry about that.

jabrch
08-22-2008, 02:15 PM

Good luck...

Konerko05
08-22-2008, 02:18 PM
It was a nice attempt. I'll give you credit for the effort.

I'm just messing with you Dankerific. It made me chuckle. Kind of. Not really. :gulp:

It's Dankerific
08-22-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm just messing with you Dankerific. It made me chuckle. Kind of. Not really. :gulp:

It kind of made me chuckle too. I just kept thinking of poor little Uribe trying his hardest to get the fans to pay attention, and no one but a few like jenn caring...

It just ridiculous that people are harping on "fairweather" fans when they didn't like the Fat Uribe not playing 100% but like the Uribe that busts his ass and produces. WOW.

DSpivack
08-22-2008, 02:28 PM
The link must be screwy on the website it says its the the Joe Cowley interview from 8/22 sorry about that.

No worries.

Here is the corrected link: http://www.670thescore.com/episode_download.php?contentType=36&contentId=2846363

Thanks!

doublem23
08-22-2008, 02:41 PM

Good luck...

If you two are done riding on your high horse, I'd appreciate it if you not insult our entire membership.

http://www.hybridcars.com/files/imagecache/article_lead_image/files/graphics/south-park-smug-313.gif

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks.

Gammons Peter
08-22-2008, 02:53 PM
http://blogs.suburbanchicagonews.com/sportsbeacon/Uribe.jpg

ooooooh ooooooooh oooooooh oooooooribeeeeee

Juice16
08-22-2008, 03:07 PM
If you two are done riding on your high horse, I'd appreciate it if you not insult our entire membership.

http://www.hybridcars.com/files/imagecache/article_lead_image/files/graphics/south-park-smug-313.gif

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks.

The entire membership did nothing but insult Juan Uribe on a hourly basis.

spawn
08-22-2008, 03:16 PM
The entire membership did nothing but insult Juan Uribe on a hourly basis.
I didn't, and I consider myself a member.

Bobby Thigpen
08-22-2008, 03:40 PM
I too, prefer nearweather fans.

soxinem1
08-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Everybody likes the player who's doing well, no matter how bad he was before.

It seems like whenever Uribe plays 3rd base, he's better at the plate. He's up to a .240 average now with a .300 OBP. He hasn't done that for a couple of years!

Remember back in 04, when Uribe was one of the best offensive 2B in baseball? Yeah, he also played 27 games at 3B that year.

Uribe's overall numbers while playing at 3B (small sample size)

54 G, 159 AB, 25 R, 45 H, 13 2B, 4 HR, 18 RBI, 10 BB, 30 K, .283 AVG, .327 OBP, .465 SLG, .793 OPS.

It is a small sample size (much smaller than his time at 2B and SS), but he tends to hit better while playing 3B. He's a .250 hitter at both 2B and SS. I guess he feels more important at a corner position...?

Is this flip-flopping, or clarifying one's stance?:smile:

BadBobbyJenks
08-22-2008, 03:58 PM
So why are people fair weather fans for finding that interview hilarious?:scratch:

Who cares if he sucks a lot of the time at the plate, I love having clowns on this team and he definitely is one.

As Joe Cowley said I love Uribe for what he is, the Jack of all trades, master of none.

Get over yourself Jenn.

spongyfungy
08-22-2008, 10:19 PM
I heard this in the morning and it was riot when he described the reporters asking him to identify his teammates. "white guy, white guy, white guy. JD? white guy."
:D: