PDA

View Full Version : FOX playoff promo

SOXfnNlansing
08-21-2008, 11:32 PM
While watching the Bear's game, FOX had a 'fall classic' promo. Teams shown on promo:

cub 4 clips;yankees 3; red sox1;White Sox 1 (Jenks);Marlins 1;Phillies 1;Mets 2;Dodgers 2 (because of Manny); Brewers 1; Angels 1; and the Cards 1

Thought it was bs but fair to post in here to all:scratch:

DumpJerry
08-21-2008, 11:45 PM
If I was a fan of one of the nineteen teams not represented in the ad, I'd be furious.

soltrain21
08-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Who gives a ****?

hi im skot
08-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Who gives a ****?

What he said.

skottyj242
08-22-2008, 09:57 AM
How dare Fox try to promote popular teams. I can't believe a giant media corporation would try and make money. Tin Foil hat imminent.

It's Time
08-22-2008, 10:09 AM
How dare Fox try to promote popular teams. I can't believe a giant media corporation would try and make money. Tin Foil hat imminent.

+1. If the Fox crew were in New England yesterday, how much Red Sox talk would we have heard? Fox probably made sure to tell Buck and Aikman talked about the Cubs.

Chez
08-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I've seen other Fox October promo clips which prominently feature Dye and Thome. Relax. Not every commercial is part of the international global conspiracy to ignore the White Sox.

LoveYourSuit
08-22-2008, 10:42 AM
like I said on the other thread, we are once again acting like little kids and measuring newspaper column lengths with a ruler.

Who gives a **** what everyone thinks of us or how they cover us or how much coverage we get.

Unreal Sox fans, let's grow up.

We won the damn WS in 2005 and we have a chance to win it here again.

Doesn't this fill you up enough?

skottyj242
08-22-2008, 10:44 AM
like I said on the other thread, we are once again acting like little kids and measuring newspaper column lengths with a ruler.

Who gives a **** what everyone thinks of us or how they cover us or how much coverage we get.

We won the damn WS in 2005 and we have a chance to win it here again.

Doesn't this fill you up enough?

Someone should start a daily thread and call it the Media Watch and count articles comparing the coverage of the SOX and of the other team.

areilly
08-22-2008, 10:54 AM
I hope this isn't the start of some ploy to prevent the White Sox from winning games.

gn2727
08-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Not even a mention of the Tampa Bay Rays? *** kind of garbage is that. Theyve been playing amazing ball all year.

Way to go FOX and drop the ball like that.

I dont even think they can conceive a playoffs without Boston & NY representing the AL.

I cant wait till it happens.

You all can quote me on this one, Tampa Bay wins the East, Sox in the Central, Angels out West and your Wild Card????? The Twins of course. As much as it pains me to see the twinkies in the playoffs Id much rather have them than Boston or NY cause they dont deserve it.

TommyJohn
08-22-2008, 11:37 AM

We won the damn WS in 2005

yes they did, and it is quite galling when outfits like Fox Sports or SI pretend it didn't happen.

LoveYourSuit
08-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Someone should start a daily thread and call it the Media Watch and count articles comparing the coverage of the SOX and of the other team.

yup, and should go straight to the roadhouse.

LoveYourSuit
08-22-2008, 11:39 AM
yes they did, and it is quite galling when outfits like Fox Sports or SI pretend it didn't happen.

Why, because they don't mention it every 20 minutes?

The Bone
08-22-2008, 11:54 AM
It makes more sense for FOX to talk more about the teams in the NL to begin with. They have some of the NLDS and ALL of the NLCS.

TBS has the ALCS. FOX is not trying to promote the AL as much because they won't get them as many ratings because they don't have as many ALCS games.

TommyJohn
08-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Why, because they don't mention it every 20 minutes?

*sigh* No, because in an All-Star pregame highlight show, they showed World Series celebrations from 2004, 2006, and 2007. Someone apparently forgot that there exists a number between "2004" and "2006." That was pretty annoying.

Madscout
08-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Especially when it was on their ****ing network, so I had to hear that deushbag Buck the whole time.

Ziggy S
08-23-2008, 01:41 AM

Sun Times
5 Cubs
3 White Sox

Tribune
7 Cubs
5 White Sox

The Cubs have more stories by a 2-1 RATIO, even though our team WON A WORLD SERIES just FIVE years AGO and have had TEN 90 win seasons since 1950 where the Cubs have had ONLY four.

heh heh heh

Nellie_Fox
08-23-2008, 02:03 AM
Sun Times
5 Cubs
3 White Sox

Tribune
7 Cubs
5 White Sox

The Cubs have more stories by a 2-1 RATIO, even though our team WON A WORLD SERIES just FIVE years AGO and have had TEN 90 win seasons since 1950 where the Cubs have had ONLY four.

heh heh hehHere's a hint: Don't start this.

TornLabrum
08-23-2008, 09:45 AM
:tealpolice:

areilly
08-23-2008, 12:19 PM
*sigh* no, because in an all-star pregame highlight show, they showed world series celebrations from 2004, 2006, and 2007. Someone apparently forgot that there exists a number between "2004" and "2006." that was pretty annoying.

omgz how could tehy forget teh 2003 marlins too?!?????/? I am calling the goverment about this

kittle42
08-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Here's a hint: Don't start this.

He was spot on, though...I thought it was funny.

TommyJohn
08-23-2008, 12:40 PM
omgz how could tehy forget teh 2003 marlins too?!?????/? I am calling the goverment about this
Actually, I think they started it with the 2003 Marlins, but I wasn't quite sure, so I didn't say.

Bottom Line: There was a year that they skipped! Why? Who knows? I wish I could ask the person who selected the highlights. The epidemic of completely ignoring the White Sox gets frustrating when it is something small like that.

And by the way, very clever with your deliberate misspellings. Ha ha. Search any one of my posts and you will not find misspellings like that. A typo or two, sure. But nothing like what your supposed "humor" is portraying.

Boondock Saint
08-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Good God, it's astounding to think that someone is watching these commercials, counting the number of times each team appears in it. It's a commercial. I couldn't care less if it was the Pirates, Mariners and Royals in it. Why? Becuase I'm not paying attention/giving a damn.

DSpivack
08-23-2008, 06:41 PM
I just saw a Fox promo for the playoffs that seemed to nearly only show the Sox (2005 highlights) and Cubs (hopes for "breaking their curse").

SOXfnNlansing
08-23-2008, 10:16 PM
I was watching the Bear's game. I have Tivo. I have nothing better to do than watch that commercial in super slow mo, pen in hand, and report the facts that fox wants to 'celebrate' in a national promotion. Just reporting the facts; make what you will of the results; don't kill the messenger:scratch:

october23sp
08-24-2008, 11:44 PM
I hear more mention of the Sox WS win than the Cardinals in 06. Everytime ESPN talks about the sox someone will say they are suprising and someone else will say they won it in 05.

Marqhead
08-25-2008, 07:29 AM
I'll admit I sometimes get worked up over these stupid commercials.I remember my Dad got really angry when they were running Final Four commericals and neglected to show any highlights from an Illini team that had made a wonderful run to the championship game the season before.

Anyways, what irks me about this years playoff commercials is the one that is focused on pitching. All about how pitching kicks it up a notch during the playoffs, and how pitching decides games. You would think there might be at least one mention/highlight of a Sox pitching staff that threw 4 complete games en route to a ALCS victory, but no. The only Sox highlight in this particular commercial is a brief picture of Jenks.

Its not that big of a deal, but it annoys me.

That feels better, rant over.

skottyj242
08-25-2008, 09:36 AM
:tealpolice:

I'm pretty sure it was heavily implied.