PDA

View Full Version : Great day at the ball park

Railsplitter
08-21-2008, 09:58 AM
I went to the game with my brother yesterday and we were very impressed. The people around us were well behaved, including the few lonely Seattle fans, two of whom wore Ichiro shirts. In fact, on a day when all three teams Griffey played for were in town, I saw Griffey shirts for all three teams. Of course, I got to see Griff first Sox homer in person :smile:

I was most impressed by the statues in centefield, particularly by the details. You could see the sticting on the caps, the trademarks on the bats and gloves, and creases in the uniforms.:smile:

One thing marred the occasion: I bought some souveniers from the gift shop and put my ticket in the bag. I put the bag under my seat but when I went to leave, the bag was gone:mad:

All in all, a favorable experience.

Frankfan4life
08-21-2008, 04:19 PM
I was also at yesterday's game and I had a really nice time. When Griffey came up to bat in the second inning, my son and I both thought this was the time he was going to get his first Sox homer. What a thrill that was!!! Games like this boost the confidence of the players as well as the fans.

I haven't seen the Baines statue yet but I'll make that one of my goals when I go the game on Saturday.

I'm sorry about someone snitching your souvenirs. Obviously some lowlife scum with no conscious or concern for anyone but him/herself slinked out of the gutter and siezed upon an opportunity to take advantage of someone. Since these lowlifes can be found at every game, please be wary and do not leave anything valuable unattended.

ChiSoxGirl
08-21-2008, 04:29 PM
I was also at yesterday's game and I had a really nice time. When Griffey came up to bat in the second inning, my son and I both thought this was the time he was going to get his first Sox homer. What a thrill that was!!! Games like this boost the confidence of the players as well as the fans.

I haven't seen the Baines statue yet but I'll make that one of my goals when I go the game on Saturday.

I'm sorry about someone snitching your souvenirs. Obviously some lowlife scum with no conscious or concern for anyone but him/herself slinked out of the gutter and siezed upon an opportunity to take advantage of someone. Since these lowlifes can be found at every game, please be wary and do not leave anything valuable unattended.

I checked it out when I was at the ballpark on Monday, and noticed that the bat in Baines' hand has a horizontal crack on it, almost like someone was pulling down on the bat and intentionally trying to break it. Has anyone else noticed this?

eriqjaffe
08-21-2008, 04:40 PM
I checked it out when I was at the ballpark on Monday, and noticed that the bat in Baines' hand has a horizontal crack on it, almost like someone was pulling down on the bat and intentionally trying to break it. Has anyone else noticed this?That's the real reason Harold hasn't been coaching first base for the past couple days - he's filling in for the statue while it's out being repaired.

doublem23
08-21-2008, 04:45 PM
I checked it out when I was at the ballpark on Monday, and noticed that the bat in Baines' hand has a horizontal crack on it, almost like someone was pulling down on the bat and intentionally trying to break it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Wouldn't be the first time.

Frankfan4life
08-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Wouldn't be the first time.The Sox org might have to rope off the statutes or put a guard on them to prevent further damage.

ChiSoxGirl
08-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Wouldn't be the first time.

I know. This happened to the Minnie Minoso statue a few years ago during the annual Cubs series.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-22-2008, 06:52 AM
I know. This happened to the Minnie Minoso statue a few years ago during the annual Cubs series.

Yeah but it was drunk Sox fans that did it so they could blame the Cub fans, remember? At least, that's what I saw in the paper.

Red Barchetta
08-22-2008, 08:55 AM
The Sox org might have to rope off the statutes or put a guard on them to prevent further damage.

That's pretty sad! 2 million plus attend games each season and it only takes 2-3 ass-clowns to ruin it for the rest of the 2 million people. If the statues get damaged, I bet the SOX brass re-think scattering them throughout the ballpark and will probably place them in a central location so they can guard them. Amazing...:angry:

BTW - sorry to hear about the stolen merchandise. :mad::(:

BainesHOF
08-25-2008, 12:34 AM
The statues are great works of art - yet fans treat them like playground equipment.

I e-mailed Brooks about this a couple years ago and received a good response. Unfortunately, nothing changed at the park.