PDA

View Full Version : Boston...Who's Going?

twentywontowin
08-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Anybody going to be making the trip out to Boston for the series on Labor Day weekend?

I'm considering making a last-minute trip. Problem is I don't know where to stay that is within a mile of Fenway.

Foulke You
08-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Mrs. Foulke You and I will be there for the Friday and Saturday games. We're staying at a Mariott hotel near the USS Constitution and have had these reservations for quite some time. I'm not sure what hotels are near the ballpark but in past Boston trips, we've stayed near Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall in the financial district and you can get the ballpark via the T fairly easily from there. Fenway Park is right off the green line stop called "Kenmore". Be warned though, Boston hotels can be pricey...especially last minute. You might be able to find a better deal staying in Revere, Mass. We did that one year and it worked out ok. There are some smaller hotels near the Revere "Wonderland" blue line stop and this can be taken to the green line. It's a bit farther than staying within Boston city limits but it might save you a few bucks. Good luck! Maybe we'll see you there.

doublem23
08-21-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm considering making a last-minute trip. Problem is I don't know where to stay that is within a mile of Fenway.

Within a mile of Fenway? I haven't been to Boston for a few years, but I don't remember there being that many places to stay real close to the park, most stuff is between Fenway and downtown.

Anyways, this should help:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocalMaps-g60745-d105250-Fenway_Park-Area.html

http://hotel-guides.us/massachusetts/fenway-park-ma-hotels.html

I stayed at the Midtown Hotel when I visited Boston, and I believe we were able to walk to the park. I thought it was OK, old but not dilapidated. :dunno: That was like 7 years ago, however, so take with a grain of salt.

Fungo
08-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Not sure if this is the place, but I have 2 I cannot use for the Saturday game

doublem23
08-21-2008, 11:57 AM

Use the Ticket Exchange Forum (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19), but please read all the rules that are stuck at the top of that page.

Rockin Robin
08-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah don't even think about getting a room in the city. Unless you want to pay 200 + a night.

Try staying in Cambridge and taking the Green Line in. You could try hotels near the Lechmere stop...that could be a little easier on the wallet, and it's where the train starts from, so you might actually be able to grab a seat.

Oh, and I'll be there on Saturday as well.

cws05champ
08-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Me and a buddy are meeting up in Boston for Friday and Saturday as well. He knows someone who works for the Red Sox and got us good infield box seats. If anyone wants to meet up at one of the fine drinking establishments before the games let me know.

thegooch
08-21-2008, 01:47 PM
mrfourni and I will be there for the saturday game. Staying at the Westin in copley square.

Gonna try and find some for the friday night game too.

SoxOnTop
08-21-2008, 02:49 PM

Fungo, I'll be there with cws05champs for Fri/Sat and know 2 other Pale Hose fans in the area who would LOVE to go to the Saturday game.

Fungo
08-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Fungo, I'll be there with cws05champs for Fri/Sat and know 2 other Pale Hose fans in the area who would LOVE to go to the Saturday game.

SoxOnTop,

I sent you an email. Your account won't allow private messages.

MrT27
08-22-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't know if you would be willing to do this but there is a hostel right by Fenway. This summer when I went there I could see the ballpark out my window and was about a 10 minute walk. I didn't mind staying at the Hostel because I was out doing stuff the whole time. Best of all it was only about $34.
http://www.hihostels.com/

Fox-To-Aparicio
08-27-2008, 08:41 PM
The wife and I are going to the Friday game sitting in Section 19 behind home plate. Row 12, seat 1 and 2. For those of you going it would be nice to meet up before the game. Email me at gsurwillo@msn.com and maybe we can hook something up.