PDA

View Full Version : Alexei mentioned on BBTN

SoxNation05
08-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Ravijch(SP), Eric Young and someone I am not sure of had a small segment on Alexei Rameriz. They spoke how he was a stable fixture in a streaky White Sox offense while producing in the clutch. They also spoke how he has great potential and how he reminds them of Soriano. Ravijch asked both of the analysts if they thought he could compete in the ROY voting. Both stated he would be right up there with Evan Longoria.

BIG UPS ALEXEI!!!!

UofCSoxFan
08-20-2008, 11:16 PM
I see some similarities to Soriano in terms of their swings. Both are very quick too the ball and long through it....sometimes giving the impression of a long swing but in reality it is a swing that allows you to get to the fastball and stay on the curve ball effectively.

In terms of D, while I may not be as enamoured with Alexei's D as some (I'm skepitcal he'll be more than average at SS) I think he is light years above Soriano defensively.

eriqjaffe
08-20-2008, 11:51 PM
he is light years above Soriano defensively.So is Pablo Ozuna, for that matter.

BigP50
08-21-2008, 12:20 AM
if Longoria stays injured, we could have the ROY

Frankfan4life
08-21-2008, 12:58 AM
if Longoria stays injured, we could have the ROYLongoria is scheduled to come back around September 1. Let's hope it takes him a while to get back to form.

balke
08-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Longoria is scheduled to come back around September 1. Let's hope it takes him a while to get back to form.

Nah, that's bad form. Whoever is rookie of the year is rookie of the year, let's not ask an injury to decide it. Both of these guys are looking to be great players going forward so far. Alexei can win this award outright if he stays hot.

oeo
08-21-2008, 09:49 AM
In terms of D, while I may not be as enamoured with Alexei's D as some (I'm skepitcal he'll be more than average at SS) I think he is light years above Soriano defensively.

That's kind of harsh considering we've seen him play the position only a handful of times. I know he hasn't looked especially good at SS, but he also didn't look very good at 2B when he started playing there, either.

2B is supposedly his worst position of the three, so I'm willing to see what he's got over the long term at SS before I label him.

Rockabilly
08-21-2008, 10:01 AM
we should start campaigning for Carlos and Alexei at the ball park... With signs and chants...

Eddo144
08-21-2008, 10:20 AM
But ESPN doesn't even know the White Sox exist!

doublem23
08-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Longoria is scheduled to come back around September 1. Let's hope it takes him a while to get back to form.

He broke a bone in his wrist, I'm surprised he'd be able to play so soon, I'll be stunned if he can play at a high level.

Konerko05
08-21-2008, 10:23 AM
we should start campaigning for Carlos and Alexei at the ball park... With signs and chants...

Chant for Alexei at the end of this commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow6lg2tAqsY

MrRoboto83
08-21-2008, 10:32 AM
I have not watched BBTN all year. Add that to the 1001 reasons not to watch BBTN, the fact that they are just now talking about Alexei, they are only 2 months late breaking the story.

turners56
08-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Ravijch(SP), Eric Young and someone I am not sure of had a small segment on Alexei Rameriz. They spoke how he was a stable fixture in a streaky White Sox offense while producing in the clutch. They also spoke how he has great potential and how he reminds them of Soriano. Ravijch asked both of the analysts if they thought he could compete in the ROY voting. Both stated he would be right up there with Evan Longoria.

BIG UPS ALEXEI!!!!

Finally, some recognition...

Here's something interesting...

Soriano's rookie season (after playing in the minors for a couple of years and two September call-ups):
158 G, 574 AB, 77 R, 154 H, .268, 18 HR, 74 RBI, .736 OPS, 43 SB

Here's Alexei's projected numbers this year (from ESPN):
136 G, 475 AB. 63 R, 147 H, .309, 19 HR, 75 RBI, .818 OPS, 12 SB

Soriano might be better on the base paths at this point, but Alexei is a way better defender and will probably post similar numbers to Soriano's rookie season in less at bats. His OPS is also much higher.

If Alexei grows some more muscle, he can easily be the next Soriano-type player.

spawn
08-21-2008, 11:54 AM
All I know is, the Cubs may have made the biggest splash as far as rookie free agent signings this off-season when they signed Fukudome, but I'm more than happy with our rookie acquisition.

oeo
08-21-2008, 11:56 AM
All I know is, the Cubs may have made the biggest splash as far as rookie free agent signings this off-season when they signed Fukudome, but I'm more than happy with our rookie acquisition.

A splash? Yes. He has not been as advertised, though. Since about mid-June the guy has been terrible.

At this point, Iguchi was better than Fukudome, and he didn't get any talk.

spawn
08-21-2008, 12:03 PM
A splash? Yes. He has not been as advertised, though. Since about mid-June the guy has been terrible.

At this point, Iguchi was better than Fukudome, and he didn't get any talk.
Exactly my point. How pissed off were people here because KW wasn't able to sign him after Torii declined and signed with Anaheim? After the first week, the local media couldn't get enough of him. Now that the league has adjusted to him, he's been as bad as you mentioned. Meanwhile, Ramirez continues to shine, but the national continues to ignore him.

turners56
08-21-2008, 12:05 PM

Anybody with a baseball brain would say:

Ramirez > Fukudome.

Ramirez has a higher OPS (despite a far lower OBP) and plays at a more valuable position.

Even Tadahito Iguchi had a better rookie season than Fukudome is having right now.

JorgeFabregas
08-21-2008, 12:10 PM
I have not watched BBTN all year. Add that to the 1001 reasons not to watch BBTN, the fact that they are just now talking about Alexei, they are only 2 months late breaking the story.
How do you know that this is the first they've given him props?

MrRoboto83
08-21-2008, 02:03 PM
How do you know that this is the first they've given him props?

I read this thread that is how.