PDA

View Full Version : It's A Curse I Tells Ya, A Curse!

Chisox_cali
05-13-2002, 01:03 AM
Man what is it about people from California seeing the Sox live? West goes to Oaktown we get swept, I go to Anaheim we get Swept, it has to be a curse!

Oh well at least I got to talk to the SnR boyz on air even though the live pBp thing didnt work out it was still pretty f'n cool, So thanks to RPS Joe Batters and the rest of the SnR crew!

Well you can't win um all and we didnt lose anything in the standings so I really can't complain to much :D: :(: :angry: :gulp:

FarWestChicago
05-13-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Man what is it about people from California seeing the Sox live? West goes to Oaktown we get swept, I go to Anaheim we get Swept, it has to be a curse! Hey, don't leave Ode out of the Left Coast Curse. Bad things come in threes. :smile:

Chisox_cali
05-13-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Hey, don't leave Ode out of the Left Coast Curse. Bad things come in threes. :smile:

So it does, both sweep were 3 games sweeps! :o:

RedPinStripes
05-13-2002, 01:09 AM
Man what is it about people from California seeing the Sox live? West goes to Oaktown we get swept, I go to Anaheim we get Swept, it has to be a curse!

Oh well at least I got to talk to the SnR boyz on air even though the live pBp thing didnt work out it was still pretty f'n cool, So thanks to RPS Joe Batters and the rest of the SnR crew!

Well you can't win um all and we didnt lose anything in the standings so I really can't complain to much :D: :(: :angry: :gulp:

one of these day's we'll have a speaker phone here and it will make life much easier. maybe sometime next week. :) Thanx for calling in. Good to hear from you.

GASHWOUND
05-13-2002, 01:17 AM

You really can't complain much? I know we didn't lose ground, but we got our butts swept...there's TONS to complain about.

Chisox_cali
05-13-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

one of these day's we'll have a speaker phone here and it will make life much easier. maybe sometime next week. :) Thanx for calling in. Good to hear from you.

Hell Yes! It was good to talk to you guys too, It was somebody that I could talk to at Edison Field that wasn't wearing the Commie Red of the Angels :D: There were a few Sox fans there, and surprisingly enough they all new Aaron Rowand. Really I'm not over-exaggerating, They were either High School or College buddies of his (Aaron did go to Cal State Fullerton which is like one town over from Anaheim) and on Friday I was actually standing right by his Dad and the rest of his family that was kind of cool.

Chisox_cali
05-13-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

You really can't complain much? I know we didn't lose ground, but we got our butts swept...there's TONS to complain about.

I'll start complaining when were below .500 and the Twins and Indians are both ahead of us in the standings :smile: We will recover...mark my words, and we'll do the same thing we did to Oakland at Comiskey to the Angels next weekend.

RedPinStripes
05-13-2002, 01:23 AM

Hell Yes! It was good to talk to you guys too, It was somebody that I could talk to at Edison Field that wasn't wearing the Commie Red of the Angels :D: There were a few Sox fans there, and surprisingly enough they all new Aaron Rowand. Really I'm not over-exaggerating, They were either High School or College buddies of his (Aaron did go to Cal State Fullerton which is like one town over from Anaheim) and on Friday I was actually standing right by his Dad and the rest of his family that was kind of cool.

I wish there was a way for us to broadcast from the Jake. lol That would be a zoo. We would have to take a collection for bail money and fines. I'm not well behaved in visiting parks if the Sox are there. Especially around toos fans. They're as bad as packer fans. :angry:

Nellie_Fox
05-13-2002, 02:04 AM
Hell Yes! It was good to talk to you guys too, It was somebody that I could talk to at Edison Field that wasn't wearing the Commie Red of the Angels
Given the obvious preference of RedPinStripes in the uniform department, you might want to soft pedal the "commie" stuff. :D

Max Power
05-13-2002, 11:30 AM

I was thinking about the "West Coast curse" too. Looking at it from the "take any positive you can find" angle, at least most of these games ended really late and most of the country didn't sit through replay after replay of the Sox getting pounded on SportsCenter. I didn't see most of the West Coast games this season, so I can pretend they never really happened.

Of course, the Sox fans in attendance out at those games can't do that- they were there. Ummm...at least the weather was nice, right?

Besides, it's not like the Sox are getting pounded by the Little Sisters of the Poor (a.k.a. the Brewers). Anaheim, Oakland and Seattle are solid teams.

I'm confident the Sox will bounce back, a la what happened with Oakland and Seattle.

Half-Price night tomorrow, see ya there.

raul12
05-13-2002, 01:00 PM

Well you can't win um all and we didnt lose anything in the standings so I really can't complain to much

i disagree. any time we lose a game, it's a lost opportunity. also, we may need the wild card spot, and so all the teams in all the other divisions come into play. even if we do win our division, homefield advantage would be nice in the playoffs, so in a sense, we're competing against the other division leaders as well. i don't know about you all, but i'm not satisfied with JUST a division title. we've got bigger fish to fry, even though i have no idea what it's like to win a playoff series.

ode to veeck
05-13-2002, 02:37 PM
There were a few Sox fans there, and surprisingly enough they all new Aaron Rowand. Really I'm not over-exaggerating, They were either High School or College buddies of his (Aaron did go to Cal State Fullerton which is like one town over from Anaheim) and on Friday I was actually standing right by his Dad and the rest of his family that was kind of cool .

West and I met his cousins and uncle at the Saturday A's game during warm-ups/BP. They were from Vacaville, while Aaron is from the Southland somewhere. One of them couldn't figure out which of the outfielders was their cousin, and we said, "Just look for the guy running in to the walls out there." She was able to identify him not by him running into the wall, but by his walk, apparently a family characteristic gait.

That turned out to be the highlight of the afternoon, unfortunately.