PDA

View Full Version : When does Thomas sit?

duke of dorwood
05-12-2002, 10:51 PM
Everyone has been getting a day off here and there. When does our .250 hitting DH get his chance?

Garrison
05-12-2002, 11:03 PM
With plenty of people who can DH and/or fill in for position players DHing, I think Frank deserves a rest. He hasn't been spectacular. Give the guy a little time though.

Kilroy
05-12-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
With plenty of people who can DH and/or fill in for position players DHing, I think Frank deserves a rest. He hasn't been spectacular. Give the guy a little time though.

I agree, he should watch one or two. And then when he gets back in, put him in the field. And not just for one or two games, but maybe for a whole series or two series. Frank is a brooder. and he's stewing about each K or popup in the dugout. Let him get on the field and concentrate on something else.

Garrison
05-12-2002, 11:13 PM
posted by Kilroy
Frank is a brooder. and he's stewing about each K or popup in the dugout.

This is no doubt true. He always looks so pissed off walking away from the plate after a strikeout. It can't be that great for his confidence to sit and think what if and such about his at bats. But wouldn't committing errors in the field have somewhat of the same effect? Kilroy makes a very good point and I am just playing devil's advocate, but you gotta think about it. I guess a series or two at first for Frank now and then wouldn't kill us. It might help him start rolling at the plate.

GASHWOUND
05-12-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

I agree, he should watch one or two. And then when he gets back in, put him in the field. And not just for one or two games, but maybe for a whole series or two series. Frank is a brooder. and he's stewing about each K or popup in the dugout. Let him get on the field and concentrate on something else.

Yeah, I mentioned this before, JM needs to sit Frank for at least 2 games in a row. It looks like when Frank is at the plate his head is about to explode. The reason JM doesn't rest him is #1, he's not a position player and as a DH pretty much is resting except when he strolls up to the plate... #2, JM thinks the only way Frank will get out of his funk is by him going up there and getting his 4 at-bats and to try and work out his problems by playing everyday, and #3, he doesn't have the balls to sit the franchise player cause he thinks if he does Frank will start moping and will disrupt the clubhouse.
What do you guys think?

RedPinStripes
05-12-2002, 11:17 PM
:jerry
"I'm afraid of Frank. He tells me where he's hitting "

:hurt
"The 3 hole is mine"!

Garrison
05-12-2002, 11:19 PM
Honestly, I think that GASHWOUND makes three very excellent points. Enough said right there.

Originally posted by GASHWOUND
#1 he's not a position player and as a DH pretty much is resting except when he strolls up to the plate
#2 JM thinks the only way Frank will get out of his funk is by him going up there and getting his 4 at-bats and to try and work out his problems by playing everyday
#3 he doesn't have the balls to sit the franchise player cause he thinks if he does Frank will start moping and will disrupt the clubhouse.

foulkesfan11
05-13-2002, 08:56 AM
I think Frank needs a long rest! Put in Liefer as DH for a while. He has a better chance of doing something productive. Liefer has proved that when playing regularly he can hit!

Mathew
05-13-2002, 04:59 PM
No way does anyone truely want Jeff Leifer DHing over even a one armed Frank, this season or any! A day or two off sure, aseries in the field, whatever, but Jeff Russ Branyon Leifer is not the answear. I like the guy who walks twice a game over the guy who K's twice a game.