PDA

View Full Version : The Best of the Year

skottyj242
08-19-2008, 09:15 AM
This is the best we have been all year. We are 18 games above .500, the first time this year. We have won three in a row and 7 of our last 10. We have also scored 13 runs in back to back games. We will be fine. As long as we take care of our own we will be fine. Sunny days are here again....put on a happy face. Oh yeah and Javy and Buehrle are pitching again. Just sayin................

aryzner
08-19-2008, 09:16 AM
I'd like to add:

Alexei Ramirez, you are RIDICULOUS!!!

skottyj242
08-19-2008, 09:17 AM
I'd like to add:

I concur.

spawn
08-19-2008, 09:18 AM
This is the best we have been all year. We are 18 games above .500, the first time this year. We have won three in a row and 7 of our last 10. We have also scored 13 runs in back to back games. We will be fine. As long as we take care of our own we will be fine. Sunny days are here again....put on a happy face. Oh yeah and Javy and Buehrle are pitching again. Just sayin................
Dark cloud pants pissers will invade this thread in 5...4...3...2...1...

veeter
08-19-2008, 09:26 AM
I'd like to add:

Alexei Ramirez, you are RIDICULOUS!!!The play up the middle, that he made look so easy, was the play of the game. Would have been a two run single, instead ho-hum, inning over.

PeteWard
08-19-2008, 09:28 AM

Yeah like in the Joe Mauer quote thread. Pathetic stuff.

Here's to a very entertaining team no matter what happens. :gulp:

doublem23
08-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Yeah like in the Joe Mauer quote thread. Pathetic stuff.

Here's to a very entertaining team no matter what happens. :gulp:

Don't let them get you down, they're either cowards or self proclaimed "experts" who can't believe the Sox are making them look so foolish.

:bandance:

We ****in' rule.

aryzner
08-19-2008, 09:33 AM
The play up the middle, that he made look so easy, was the play of the game. Would have been a two run single, instead ho-hum, inning over.
That is what I was thinking of, too. I thought for sure that was going to be a hit up the middle but then suddenly out of nowhere I see Alexei coming from the right side of my screen to make the play. I really was in awe of that one.

PeteWard
08-19-2008, 09:34 AM
I don't think they are cowards nor are we optimists brave. But anyone who says the Sox are finished if they don't have a four game lead going into Minnesota on Sept 23 is simply not very good company on a White Sox board.
Nor are those clowns on the Gameday board last Friday who foretold an utter collapse over one bad game.

Cowards? No. Twits? Si.

Rocky Soprano
08-19-2008, 09:35 AM

*cough* munchman *cough*

AnkleSox
08-19-2008, 09:35 AM
When the time comes, let's do to the Twinks in the Humpdump what we did to the A's at the Coliseum, or maybe even more. :gulp:

UofCSoxFan
08-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Don't look now but Swisher and Konerko seem to be getting it going as well.

TCQ has been off the charts since the all-star break....I believe he has 13 home runs since then and is even closing on Hamilton for RBIs.

WhiteSoxBlog
08-19-2008, 10:01 AM
I'd like to add:

To Which I would like to add:

Carlos Quentin, you are also ridiculous! In the best way possible. The man's AVG is like .292 and like .380 this month. :redneck

Cuck the Fubs
08-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Keep it rolling, sweep the M's and take it to the Rays this weekend!

jabrch
08-19-2008, 10:06 AM
I see no reason to believe this team won't be in contention all season.

ChiSoxFan7
08-19-2008, 10:31 AM
This team is just fun to watch (not quite as fun as 05) but still fun. You really never know what you are going to get. More consistency would have been nice, but it seems every one is coming around at just about the right time...

Either way, we are in for a sweet September!:cool:

JohnTucker0814
08-19-2008, 10:40 AM
This team is just fun to watch (not quite as fun as 05) but still fun. You really never know what you are going to get. More consistency would have been nice, but it seems every one is coming around at just about the right time...

Either way, we are in for a sweet September!:cool:

05 was the best baseball year of my life... but the players on this team I like a lot more than 05...(I'm not saying they are better players, just saying that I like them personally more than the previous!)

Quentin > Pods
Ramirez > Iguchi
Thome > Everett
Danks > Garcia
Floyd > Garland

It's a fun group of guys... I hope we lock in Quentin, Ramirez, Danks, Floyd, Swisher for a long time... is a pretty darn good core of young guys. We might be pretty solid for years to come with this group of youngsters!

ChiSoxFan7
08-19-2008, 10:49 AM

Quentin > Pods
Ramirez > Iguchi
Thome > Everett
Danks > Garcia
Floyd > Garland

It's a fun group of guys... I hope we lock in Quentin, Ramirez, Danks, Floyd, Swisher for a long time... is a pretty darn good core of young guys. We might be pretty solid for years to come with this group of youngsters!

I agree with all of these except swish. I don't know if he's really a long term fixture. For an OF or 1B he doesn't really produce high enough numbers. I love his energy and enthusiasm, but I guess I would rather see someone else with better stats...

DumpJerry
08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Tonight we will equal last year's number of wins. With 5 1/2 weeks left to play!

Last year we won number 72 on Game 161, September 29th. This year, we could do it in Game 125.

By the way, in 2005, we won number 72 on August 7th which was less than two weeks ago. It was Game 110.

DumpJerry
08-19-2008, 10:58 AM
I agree with all of these except swish. I don't know if he's really a long term fixture. For an OF or 1B he doesn't really produce high enough numbers. I love his energy and enthusiasm, but I guess I would rather see someone else with better stats...
We have Swish under contract through 2011, team option in 2012. It's a cheap contract, too.

He's here for the next three years at least.

cws05champ
08-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Tonight we will equal last year's number of wins. With 5 1/2 weeks left to play!

Last year we won number 72 on Game 161, September 29th. This year, we could do it in Game 125.

By the way, in 2005, we won number 72 on August 7th which was less than two weeks ago. It was Game 110.
Yes, but then we suffered one of the greatest collapses in baseball history....

Swisher is under contract rather cheaply for another 3-4 years I beleive, so he will be in the mix. This was one of the reasons he was expensive(in talent) to acquire. He will be better next year, you have my guarentee on that :smile:.

hawkjt
08-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Swish needed last nite after his nightmarish weekend in Oakland.
He has been pretty bad since that big 3 run homer to win that home game last week. He needs to actually get hot which he really has not all season.
If he gets his average to .250 then that will mean he has gotten pretty hot.

PatK
08-19-2008, 11:35 AM
I missed the Ramirez play- can anyone post a link?

voodoochile
08-19-2008, 11:37 AM
:threadrules:

Love to see the optimism. Not a lot to be down on around these parts these days.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. This team will get stronger as the season progresses...

A little sunshine and the thunderheads go running for cover...

:)

Adele_H
08-19-2008, 01:59 PM

This is the time of the year when the best teams tend to separate themselves from the pack of pretenders (Detroit, Yankees, Marlins, Cardinals, Toronto, Houston, Oakland - although they fell off the cliff few weeks early, etc, etc).

Now it's about eliminating weaknesses (such as the DP debacle last night); slightly tweaking the offense to better prepare it for Postseason pitching where they may not be able to hit 5 HR a game.... and just staying healthy.

Mark Buerhle & Havy Vazquez in particular need to continue peaking at the right time as they will likely get the call in Games 1 & 2 of ALDS should we get there.

oeo
08-19-2008, 02:01 PM

Swish is already locked in long term, so you might as well get used to him.

johnnyg83
08-19-2008, 02:07 PM
It's been a good run ... offense picking up when the pitching's been down and vice versa ... Mostly the offense though.

And even though it has been a good run, we can play better ... which should make the rest of the AL a'scared.

jabrch
08-19-2008, 02:13 PM
I hope we lock in Quentin, Ramirez, Danks, Floyd, Swisher for a long time

Right now - they are all locked in for a long time.

Q for 4 more
Alexei for 3 more
Danks for 4 more
Floyd for 4 more
Swish for 3 more + an option

Add 3 for Buehrle, Jenks and Linebrink, 2 more for AJ, PK Thornton and Javy....

There's no reason this team won't contend for a while...

skottyj242
08-20-2008, 09:15 AM
We won last night.