PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mauer Quote

Big Gus
08-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Joe Mauer after last night's loss to Oakland in Minnesota.

"We still got a few games left," said Mauer
of the division race. "We get three games at
our place against them (the White Sox) late
in the season so hopefully if we are behind,
hopefully it's close, we can put it away when
they come."

aryzner
08-19-2008, 08:44 AM
That's the kind of thing I'd be looking forward to if I was a Twins fan as well.

As a White Sox fan, I'm not looking forward to still having 3 games to play against them in their park and I'm hoping we can have a decent lead in the division by the time that comes around.

palehozenychicty
08-19-2008, 08:48 AM
I wish management would implore that we can't be intimidated by these fools and their Craptastic dome. I'm tired of Morneau and Mauer and (formerly Hunter) taking shots at our team while we give the man-love. If we get to that point, we should beat them. They're not THAT good, Oz.

stl_sox_fan
08-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Here's to having a 4 game lead come Sep 23.....
:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

asindc
08-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Here's to having a 6-game lead going in. One win there would win the division.

soxpride724
08-19-2008, 09:05 AM
I wish management would implore that we can't be intimidated by these fools and their Craptastic dome. I'm tired of Morneau and Mauer and (formerly Hunter) taking shots at our team while we give the man-love. If we get to that point, we should beat them. They're not THAT good, Oz.

Exactly. They are not that good of a team and we are a better team than the Twins period. There should be no excuses if we lose this division race.

oeo
08-19-2008, 09:14 AM
That's the kind of thing I'd be looking forward to if I was a Twins fan as well.

That's the type of comment that should be put in every guy's locker on the team.

But hey, Mauer doesn't sound very confident, and with their pitching woes lately, he shouldn't.

Palehose Pete
08-19-2008, 09:19 AM

If it looks like we could clinch in Minnie, I plan to make the drive north to see it happen in the Dome. I hate that place, I hate that team and nothing would give me more pleasure at that point in the season than to see the Sox jumping around the Baggy Dome in front of Mauer & Co. after clinching the division.

It's time the Sox stick it to the Twins and break it off.

oeo
08-19-2008, 09:22 AM
If it looks like we could clinch in Minnie, I plan to make the drive north to see it happen in the Dome. I hate that place, I hate that team and nothing would give me more pleasure at that point in the season than to see the Sox jumping around the Baggy Dome in front of Mauer & Co. after clinching the division.

That is unless the Twins ask them not to celebrate on the field, a la the Tigers in 2005.

btrain929
08-19-2008, 09:35 AM
That is unless the Twins ask them not to celebrate on the field, a la the Tigers in 2005.

I've never even heard of that. If that did ask that and they still celebrated, what would happen?

skottyj242
08-19-2008, 09:36 AM
So we walk out of there with a one game lead then destroy the Indians at home and go into the playoffs on at least a three game winning streak. Fine by me. Win dis ting.

Optipessimism
08-19-2008, 09:36 AM

It's time the Sox stick it to the Twins and break it off.
Kind of off-topic, but am I the only one who thinks "laser tag" every time I see that baggy?

munchman33
08-19-2008, 09:38 AM
I don't think anyone disagrees that we need to be up by 4 games going into that last series or we've lost the division.

balke
08-19-2008, 09:39 AM
This is the first year with a close race between the Sox and Twins, where I really feel like they have to fall off. If I were in their position, and the Sox were magically hitting .300+ with RISP, but overall doing nothing spectacular offensively... I'd have that feeling of dread.

Look at the Sox, 2 MVP candidates and 2 500 HR club members. They also have great infield defense, and the pitching will get healthier down the stretch with Linebrink coming back.

Now they go on the road, and the Sox wake up offensively. I wouldn't want to be on the Twins side in this race, its starting to look like the Sox are going to pull away IMO.

skottyj242
08-19-2008, 09:40 AM
I don't think anyone disagrees that we need to be up by 4 games going into that last series or we've lost the division.

I disagree. I think we can win there.

oeo
I've never even heard of that. If that did ask that and they still celebrated, what would happen?

They agreed not to do it, so if they did end up celebrating, they would look pretty bad.

balke

*Raises hand to disagree. It would be nice to be up, but it won't mean the division race is over if they aren't. I do agree the Sox need to have the division lead at that point.

Soxman219
08-19-2008, 09:58 AM
We can beat the Twins in the Humpdump. The only reason we do bad there is lapses on the defense with the Twins taking advantage. The problem with that is that if a team which never makes mistakes comes and plays there, the Twinkies will get killed. We should have won 3 out of 4 at the baggydome. There is no hex about any stadium, the Oakland series proved that. Play mistake free baseball and you will beat the Twins.

voodoochile
08-19-2008, 10:07 AM

I disagree.

But it's no shock you feel that way. The stunning concept to me is you haven't jumped off a bridge in protest of the Sox continuing drive to make the playoffs...

areilly
08-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Exactly. They are not that good of a team and we are a better team than the Twins period. There should be no excuses if we lose this division race.

If the Twins are not that good, and if the Sox are so much better, why are we having this discussion? Why is it important what Mauer says? Why are the Sox only a game up? Why is there this morbid fear of going to Minneapolis with less than a four-game lead and six games remaining in the season?

No, the Twins aren't any kind of juggernaut. Then again, neither are the Sox. There are plenty of reasons either team could win or lose this division, so let's not be so quick to write off the opposition.

oeo
08-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Why is there this morbid fear of going to Minneapolis with less than a four-game lead and six games remaining in the season?

Because we have Hawk, Ozzie, and Co. telling us how great they are. I'm not worried, **** the Twins. We'll take care of business like we have all year when we've needed to.

spawn
08-19-2008, 10:16 AM
I disagree. Maybe you need to stop thinking for everyone else...mmkay? :wink:

nccwsfan
08-19-2008, 10:17 AM

Bull. We're going to win this division, whether it's before, during, or if necessary after the Twins series. The White Sox are the class of the AL Central and I look forward to October baseball- the Twins have played very good fundamental baseball but they're not in the same class as the White Sox.

I'm not in agreement...at all.

areilly
08-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Because we have Hawk, Ozzie, and Co. telling us how great they are. I'm not worried, **** the Twins. We'll take care of business like we have all year when we've needed to.

I like your confidence but I have to disagree with you on that: the Sox are 7-2 against the Twins at the Cell but 1-5 at the dome. Not exactly the pattern of domination we need right now.

doublem23
08-19-2008, 10:21 AM

lame

oeo
08-19-2008, 10:21 AM
I like your confidence but I have to disagree with you on that: the Sox are 7-2 against the Twins at the Cell but 1-5 at the dome. Not exactly the pattern of domination we need right now.

Like I said: they take care of business when they need to.

I'm not saying we're going to sweep them, but two out of three isn't out of the question. They should have won three of four the last time they were in Minny.

PeteWard
08-19-2008, 10:23 AM

So if the Sox are in first place, up three on Minn, on September ****ing 23rd you won't watch any more games because it's over, right?

Why even be a fan of a team if you are thinking like that at this point? That would be such a great series to look forward to but you have written the Sox off even if they have a three game lead with with six to go?

PeteWard
08-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Bull. We're going to win this division, whether it's before, during, or if necessary after the Twins series. The White Sox are the class of the AL Central and I look forward to October baseball- the Twins have played very good fundamental baseball but they're not in the same class as the White Sox.

Munchman can't stomach a pennant race.

Rocky Soprano
08-19-2008, 10:34 AM

Oh yeah, we all think like you. :rolleyes:

spawn
08-19-2008, 10:37 AM

Hmm...

I disagree. I think we can win there.

*Raises hand to disagree. It would be nice to be up, but it won't mean the division race is over if they aren't. I do agree the Sox need to have the division lead at that point.

I disagree.

But it's no shock you feel that way. The stunning concept to me is you haven't jumped off a bridge in protest of the Sox continuing drive to make the playoffs...

I disagree. Maybe you need to stop thinking for everyone else...mmkay? :wink:

lame

Oh yeah, we all think like you. :rolleyes:

:rolling: :rolling:

CHISOXFAN13
08-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Home Fish gets a long vacation, so Mucnhman takes over his role. I get it now.

skobabe8
08-19-2008, 10:51 AM
I wish management would implore that we can't be intimidated by these fools and their Craptastic dome. I'm tired of Morneau and Mauer and (formerly Hunter) taking shots at our team while we give the man-love.

Throughout this decade, it was Sox players taking shots at the Twins, and then not backing it up on the field.

08-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Those games are going to be a warm up to the postseason. If this team is going to do anything special they have to win those types of games.

Hopefully it benefits the White Sox to win those out late in September and go on a roll.

Whoever is the hottest going into the playoffs seems to be winning it all in recent years.

I hope Konerko and Griffey are saving it until the end.

cheezheadsoxfan
08-19-2008, 10:52 AM

Why bother to play the games then. Let's just concede.:rolleyes:

twentywontowin
08-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Joe Mauer and the Twins aren't going to put **** away.

Win this ****ing thing.

Cuck the Fubs
08-19-2008, 11:04 AM
**** Joe Mauer.

By the time we get to that ****hole they play in, the Twins will be out of the race.

areilly
08-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Joe Mauer and the Twins aren't going to put **** away.

Can someone please answer once and for all what, people are basing this on besides blind faith/grind/long season/anything can happen/2005/In Kenny We Trust/Let's Bring Back Frank for One Last At-Bat/Best Bullpen Ever?

What makes the Sox such a lock to take the division? Why are the Twins going to fold all of a sudden while the Sox are suddenly going to become the model of winning and consistency? I just want some answers because as much as I want them to win, I really don't see the Sox as being significantly better or worse off than the Twins.

CHISOXFAN13
08-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Can someone please answer once and for all what, people are basing this on besides blind faith/grind/long season/anything can happen/2005/In Kenny We Trust/Let's Bring Back Frank for One Last At-Bat/Best Bullpen Ever?

What makes the Sox such a lock to take the division? Why are the Twins going to fold all of a sudden while the Sox are suddenly going to become the model of winning and consistency? I just want some answers because as much as I want them to win, I really don't see the Sox as being significantly better or worse off than the Twins.

The Sox offense seems to clicking at the right time. The Twins offense can't come close to matching us when we hit the ball.

And the same goes for the pitching staff. I'm sorry, but Baker, Slowey, Perkins and Blackburn doesn't exactly make me shiver in fear.

Wickel
08-19-2008, 11:13 AM

That would be ideal,but I'm not worried. The more the Twins' M&M boys keep chattering, the more it weighs on the team. This Sox team is resilient--not too brash when they win and hungry when they lose. Settle in for a helluva fnish for the "goodguys."

twentywontowin
08-19-2008, 11:16 AM

If the Twins were so good, they would have passed us already.

oeo
08-19-2008, 11:18 AM

Especially when we were going through a terrible stretch for about a month.

If Mauer and the Twins were confident in their ability to win the division crown, they wouldn't be talking. When you're confident, you keep your mouth shut and let the play on the field do the talking.

UofCSoxFan
08-19-2008, 11:27 AM

I really feel bad for you that you can't enjoy this season.

areilly
08-19-2008, 11:43 AM
If Mauer and the Twins were confident in their ability to win the division crown, they wouldn't be talking. When you're confident, you keep your mouth shut and let the play on the field do the talking.

Of course. Only insecure *******s verbalize how much they like their chances. Shame on Mauer for using such bravado-heavy terms like "if" and "hopefully." How dare he express faith in his team. What an obvious lack of confidence. The Sox are obviously going to run away with this thing because if Joe Mauer says the Twins have a chance, they obviously don't.

:rolleyes:

cws05champ
08-19-2008, 11:55 AM

You want answers? You want answers? You can't handle the truth!!!

I don't think most of us here think the Twins are completely going to fold, but they have a tough month coming up with 24 of 30 on the road from August 21st to Sept 21st. They are 28th in MLB in Road ERA, only Texas and Pittsburgh are worse. Also a few of their young starters have never pitched this many innings before:

Blackburn: Most IP in career in any year: 168 IP YTD IP: 152 IP
Perkins: Most IP in career in any year: 134 IP YTD IP: 150 IP(minor & majors)
Both Baker and Slowey will approach their career high in IP near the end of Sept as well. Now you could say the same for Gavin and danks as well but they have a couple other workhorses in the rotation.
Look, the Twins are a good team and I expect them to keep fighting to keep the race close(within 3 games), but I'm not going piss my pants if we go in there with 3 game lead or less. If we go in with a 3 game lead, we realistically need to only win 3 of the last 6 games to come out on top.

As a fan of the White Sox, I think that they will pull it out.

pythons007
08-19-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't want the White Sox to be timid going into that series. I hope we are in a dead die for 1st when we go in. **** those douchebags! I want a ****ing sweep. I want Morneau to eat his words and cry after his teams gets bashed by the Sox. No one on this board should say we want a 4 game lead. I don't want to just win the division I want another World Series.

If you think about it, if the Sox are tied with the Twins going into that series it would essentially be a playoff series. That would give them a huge lift going into the playoffs just like in 2005 when they swept the Indians! Don't get me wrong I'm all for having a lead of any kind going into that series. All I'm saying is I don't want to have our players depending on that lead.

I WANT THEM TO ROLL OVER MINNESOTA!

LoveYourSuit
08-19-2008, 12:01 PM

:scratch:Six game lead going means the series wouldn't matter.

doublem23
08-19-2008, 12:04 PM

If we had a 6-game lead, then we could still tie with Minnesota if we went 0-6 and they went 6-0 the last week of the season.

PeteWard
08-19-2008, 12:05 PM

No. There are three games after with Cleveland. Sox we need a win or a Twins loss to avoid the tie.

hawkjt
08-19-2008, 12:09 PM
I have no real problem with Mauer quote. It makes sense that they would be confident after that last series. Now, Morneau is a big mouth who does talk some trash...

Sox just need to keep their mouths shut and play great baseball and they will be laughing last.

Jurr
08-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Here's what the Sox should do: The first time Mauer comes up, throw a ball REALLY high and tight on him and make him kiss that Metrodome concrete. For the rest of the game, just go out and kick their asses.

This Minnesota club has a swagger, there's no doubt. They need to be smacked around a little bit, and that includes putting the fear of God into them at the plate. They just want to finesse their way around the bases and wait for you to screw up. There needs to be a message that they are in for a fight. If the Sox have any thoughts about making a serious run at the trophy, they need to be locked in and ready to scrap.

Screw all of this talk about having a cushion going into Minnesota. Do you think winning there is going to be any tougher than winning a game 7 in Anaheim? Winning a close game in Boston? Nope. This team needs to show themselves that winning ANYWHERE is not only possible, but probable.

JB98
08-19-2008, 01:09 PM

POTW material.

The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers. Mauer, Morneau, Nathan and Liriano. That's their team. Everyone else on that roster is a clown. It's ridiculous that they are only one game behind us at this stage of the season. I'm tired of the Sox giving the Twins man love. It's our division to lose. Let's go kick their ass.

Tragg
08-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Sounds like he's running scared to me: hoping to keep it close until we play them at their place.
We're the more talented team and they know it.

cws05champ
08-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Sounds like he's running scared to me: hoping to keep it close until we play them at their place.
We're the more talented team and they know it.
Therin lies the chip on their shoulders. Hopefully they suffer a complete bullpen collapse and their insane avg w/ RISP goes to ****.

kraut83
08-19-2008, 01:32 PM

The Twins played out of their minds in July, yet they are 1 game back of the Sox on Aug 19th. Are they good, yes, but I agree with the above.

I don't take any offense at Mauer's quote, but he and the rest of the Twinkie clan should worry about winning some games in the next month if they want any shot at making that series relevant.

Jimmy Piersall
08-19-2008, 01:37 PM
POTW material.

The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers. Mauer, Morneau, Nathan and Liriano. That's their team. Everyone else on that roster is a clown. It's ridiculous that they are only one game behind us at this stage of the season. I'm tired of the Sox giving the Twins man love. It's our division to lose. Let's go kick their ass.

Speaking of man love,we all know how Ozzie feels about them
because he makes it known about 10 times a year but has
anybody ever heard the same kind of sentiment coming back
from Gardenhire to the Sox ?

JB98
08-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Speaking of man love,we all know how Ozzie feels about them
because he makes it known about 10 times a year but has
anybody ever heard the same kind of sentiment coming back
from Gardenhire to the Sox ?

Absolutely not, and that's part of what makes the Twins man love so tiresome.

It's actually Harrelson who irritates me most. It seems like he talks up the Twins to try to convince us Sox fans that it's OK if the Sox lose to them. That's a bunch of bull****, IMO.

If the Twins make the playoffs, they'll get waxed three straight. Again. They simply aren't that good. Shame on the Sox if they lose to them again.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-19-2008, 01:51 PM
The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

Perpetual Losers that we can't shake more than a 3 game lead from. I don't want the Sox to keep giving man love, but I respect that THEY respect the Twins. Their "team" of four leads the WC race also. I'll take all their division titles if it means the Sox are perpetual losers.

JB98
08-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Perpetual Losers that we can't shake more than a 3 game lead from. I don't want the Sox to keep giving man love, but I respect that THEY respect the Twins. Their "team" of four leads the WC race also. I'll take all their division titles if it means the Sox are perpetual losers.

The Red Sox lead the WC race by 1.5 games.

JB98
08-19-2008, 02:04 PM

You obviously didn't get the joke on the "perpetual losers" thing either.

Don't stick up for the Twins when I'm using Timberwolf's own words against he/she/it.

palehozenychicty
08-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Throughout this decade, it was Sox players taking shots at the Twins, and then not backing it up on the field.

That's true. We brought some of it on ourselves, but didn't seal the deal. It's the recent drooling of management that is annoying.

Optipessimism
08-19-2008, 02:07 PM
IMO, division titles don't mean squat if you're not good enough to seriously compete in the playoffs. The Twins had a fairly large window to be serious title contenders but their ownership totally blew it.

If you compare the Twins' titles to say the glory days of Atlanta, at least the Braves every year were in it to win it. They wanted to do more than just qualify, and when they failed it wasn't for a lack of trying. Fans could complain about this or that and look at it all in hindsight, but you could never say that they just didn't care. Twins ownership OTOH just doesn't care.

Although the Sox don't have as many recent playoff appearances as the Twins, when you look at their failures - specifically 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007 - they were trying to be a lot more than just a qualifier. I'll take a smaller chance at glory over a greater chance of an early playoff exit any day of the week.

Jimmy Piersall
08-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Absolutely not, and that's part of what makes the Twins man love so tiresome.

It's actually Harrelson who irritates me most. It seems like he talks up the Twins to try to convince us Sox fans that it's OK if the Sox lose to them. That's a bunch of bull****, IMO.

If the Twins make the playoffs, they'll get waxed three straight. Again. They simply aren't that good. Shame on the Sox if they lose to them again.

Yeah,i've heard Hawk wax poetic about them many a time.But Ozzie
needs to take a cue from his pal "Gardy" and keep his mouth shut
about the Twinks.Stop setting up the "oh my they are good and they
play the game right" bull**** and adopt a different tune.Something
like ok they're good but we're better and we will kick their ass.And
it doesn't need to be for any publication either.Directly to HIS team
and in the clubhouse works fine.

Jimmy Piersall
08-19-2008, 02:10 PM
That's true. We brought some of it on ourselves, but didn't seal the deal. It's the recent drooling of management that is annoying.

Who are the players that you are referring to ?

palehozenychicty
08-19-2008, 02:10 PM
POTW material.

If they were winning league pennants and getting to the WS, and Gardenhire gives us praise, then fine. We all know that they fold like a cheap suit in the postseason, though, and Gardenhire would switch up Santana just to beat us.

SOXBOY
08-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Something

Who said Ozzie didn't do that already?

Optipessimism
08-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah,i've heard Hawk wax poetic about them many a time.But Ozzie
needs to take a cue from his pal "Gardy" and keep his mouth shut
about the Twinks.Stop setting up the "oh my they are good and they
play the game right" bull**** and adopt a different tune.Something
I don't have any problems with that stuff at all. Hawk annoys me but that's why I listen to the radio. For the most part everything Ozzie says, all the credit he gives the Twins, is undeniable truth. The Twins beat us by playing the game the right way.

There are always little bloop hits and choppers on the turf and all that, but those things are way overblown. Mostly we lose because we can't put down a bunt, hit the ball to the right side, look to go opposite field with an outside fastball when there's a runner on 3rd with less than 2 out instead of try to pull it out of the park, etc.

Just think back to how many games we've had this year where we've had three or more opportunities to score a man from third with less than 2 out and have failed to do so. We have some pretty ****ty situational hitters on this ballclub, and unfortunately for us, when we play the Twins we generally run into a lineup full of home-grown players who would not be with the team unless they'd been able to do those things in the minors.

Jimmy Piersall
08-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Who said Ozzie didn't do that already?

Isn't everything Ozzie says for public consumption ? my guess is that
if he had we would have heard it by now...i also wish that instead of
making it a trip to be dreaded,he would take a different tone when the
subject comes up.How about "we've won there before,why not again' ?
And when the game starts,knock the lead-off guy on his ass with the
first pitch he sees,or better yet,take out Nick Punto just like he did
with Iguchi a couple years ago.Instead of being on the receiving end
of things (Iguchi/Jamie Burke) start handing it out.

Bob G
08-19-2008, 02:31 PM
I don't have any problems with that stuff at all. Hawk annoys me but that's why I listen to the radio. For the most part everything Ozzie says, all the credit he gives the Twins, is undeniable truth. The Twins beat us by playing the game the right way.

There are always little bloop hits and choppers on the turf and all that, but those things are way overblown. Mostly we lose because we can't put down a bunt, hit the ball to the right side, look to go opposite field with an outside fastball when there's a runner on 3rd with less than 2 out instead of try to pull it out of the park, etc.

Just think back to how many games we've had this year where we've had three or more opportunities to score a man from third with less than 2 out and have failed to do so. We have some pretty ****ty situational hitters on this ballclub, and unfortunately for us, when we play the Twins we generally run into a lineup full of home-grown players who would not be with the team unless they'd been able to do those things in the minors.

Absolutely agree - it's the team with the most talent vs. the team that plays the game "the right way" (at least more often than we do). I can remember back in spring training how fundamentals were going to be really emphasized this year. Sometimes it shows but we're not very consistent... fortunately we can hit the living snot out of the ball so this helps make up for it.

It should be an interesting and exciting finish that I'm looking forward to!!

Adele_H
08-19-2008, 02:31 PM
As a White Sox fan, I'm not looking forward to still having 3 games to play against them in their park and I'm hoping we can have a decent lead in the division by the time that comes around.

Screw the Metrodome, Twinkies.

I can think of no better Postseason audition than the Sox rolling up in there in late September and bitch-slapping those buffies all over that cavernous dump.

hi im skot
08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
I don't understand what the big deal about this quote is. If it fires up our guys, awesome. But it's not like he was dishing out insults..

:?:

LoveYourSuit
08-19-2008, 02:39 PM
If we had a 6-game lead, then we could still tie with Minnesota if we went 0-6 and they went 6-0 the last week of the season.

I thought the poster meant going into the Twins Series (3 game), not the entire final week.

LoveYourSuit
08-19-2008, 02:42 PM
I thought the poster meant going into the Twins Series (3 game), not the entire final week.

I now see what he meant.

I thought we closed with the Twins instead of the Tribe.

soxinem1
08-19-2008, 03:03 PM

I remember quite a few instances when White Sox players would make the same comments in the past.:smile:

Let's root for a 4+ game lead in September before we play them at Hefty Bag Memorial Stadium.

getonbckthr
08-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the bulletin board material.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-19-2008, 04:03 PM
You obviously didn't get the joke on the "perpetual losers" thing either.

I didn't get it - toally missed it. My bad.

Sox Supporter
08-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Joe Mauer should feel that way. If the role were reversed, wouldn't you want the Sox player to think the same thing?

The one good thing that I take from this quote that no one has mentioned is this: Mauer is all but conceding that the Twins will be in 2nd place come September 23rd. They know they have a long road trip soon, and they are a totally different team on the road.