PDA

View Full Version : Upton again

EuroSox35
08-18-2008, 11:07 PM
I saw this on BBTN, Upton jogs and gets thrown out at 2nd on what should be an easy double. They showed him the whole time, he started off slow, almost like he assumed it was a HR, but the part that baffles me is that when it's clear that it's not a HR, he goes no faster, just like waltzes in and is tagged out

Just got benched for this, I'm guessing he has to again

hawkjt
08-19-2008, 12:02 AM
The Rays are playing good ball anyway ,it seems , and the Sox will have their hands full when the Rays hit town this weekend. Sox have been playing well against beatable teams...now we see how they do vs the Rays and Angels. 3 in Fenway,also. Yankees for 4. Just hope the Sox stay hot at the plate vs the good teams.

LoveYourSuit
08-19-2008, 12:21 AM
He's Soriano Jr.

EndemicSox
08-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Kenny will gladly take him off the Rays' hands!

Foulke You
08-19-2008, 05:46 PM
I saw this on BBTN, Upton jogs and gets thrown out at 2nd on what should be an easy double. They showed him the whole time, he started off slow, almost like he assumed it was a HR, but the part that baffles me is that when it's clear that it's not a HR, he goes no faster, just like waltzes in and is tagged out

Just got benched for this, I'm guessing he has to again
Did I hear correctly that he has been benched 3 times this year for not hustling? I can't believe Upton's teammates let him get away with that. I think that is an example of lack of veteran leadership on that club. Outside of Cliff Floyd and an injured Percival, they don't really have any grizzled MLB vets. If he were a White Sox player, can you honestly see Thome, Dye, Griffey, or Konerko not getting on his case for being a lazy ass and not running? I doubt Upton would have the stones to do that stunt in front of a couple future HOFers. Not to mention what Ozzie would do to him if he dogged it. Upton would be thrown under the bus in record time.:tongue: